Main Menu

What grinds your gears ?

Started by strikes91, August 28, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: Holz on January 11, 2017, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2017, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: Jukes on September 13, 2016, 07:42:54 PM
After GB whooped Aus' asses in the normal Olympics I didn't think Aussies had the heart to watch them get pounded in the Paralympics too ;)

Definitely should get more recognition though - these are fantastic athletes battling adversity, inspiring stuff
Absolutely, people who have to sacrifice everything just to compete! Athletes who NEVER get to perform at their highest level in their home town! People who travel the globe just to show how determined they are to compete at against the best!

EDIT: So then. What does that say about Paddy Dangerfield who ran back to his mummy because he could? HHmmmm

I Wonder what professional athletes across the globe, especially those who had to inch, claw and battle all the way far, far way from any remote existence of their family. Have to say about Paddy's homecoming?

What grind my gears:

The above comment with double standard on athletes.

Lebron James the best player in basketball left and came home.

Danger has become the best player in the comp and can do whatever he wanted, he did his time in Adelaide and then choose to leave.

The double standard comes from this, say im an accountant and i get my first job in a small firm but then have the opportunity to get a job i enjoy more and get a pay rise in a bigger company. if i take it isn't it the exact same thing as what athletes do, yet basically nobody has the same job they started with.

Yet when an athlete does it they are un-loyal or a coward.

question Tbag do you work for the first company you ever started with?
I hardly see Paddy moving to Geelong from Adelaide as a comparison from a person leaving their starting firm to a bigger firm. Given Adelaide FC is a bigger firm than the Geelong FC ???

No, I have never worked outside SA so .........

Did Paddy improve his pay? No, Did Paddy improve his Premiership aspirations? (Geelong minus Paddy of course Adelaide with him, when the sook left) No

He only left because of the scenery but guess what? I see that same scene at Mogs Creek every time I wake up in my wonderful Adelaide Hills

Therefore, Paddy is just a mummy's boy :o

Paddy D's what, 26? Time to make your own way in life son!

shaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 11, 2017, 05:07:13 PM
After GB whooped Aus' asses in the normal Olympics I didn't think Aussies had the heart to watch them get pounded in the Paralympics too ;)

Definitely should get more recognition though - these are fantastic athletes battling adversity, inspiring stuff
Absolutely, people who have to sacrifice everything just to compete! Athletes who NEVER get to perform at their highest level in their home town! People who travel the globe just to show how determined they are to compete at against the best!

EDIT: So then. What does that say about Paddy Dangerfield who ran back to his mummy because he could? HHmmmm

I Wonder what professional athletes across the globe, especially those who had to inch, claw and battle all the way far, far way from any remote existence of their family. Have to say about Paddy's homecoming?

What grind my gears:

Danger has become the best player in the comp and can do whatever he wanted, he did his time in Adelaide and then choose to leave.

The double standard comes from this, say im an accountant and i get my first job in a small firm but then have the opportunity to get a job i enjoy more and get a pay rise in a bigger company. if i take it isn't it the exact same thing as what athletes do, yet basically nobody has the same job they started with.

I hardly see Paddy moving to Geelong from Adelaide as a comparison from a person leaving their starting firm to a bigger firm. Given Adelaide FC is a bigger firm than the Geelong FC ???

Did Paddy improve his pay? No, Did Paddy improve his Premiership aspirations? (Geelong minus Paddy of course Adelaide with him, when the sook left) No

He only left because of the scenery but guess what? I see that same scene at Mogs Creek every time I wake up in my wonderful Adelaide Hills

Wow Tbag Danger leaving still burning bad  :P

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 11, 2017, 05:07:13 PM

What grind my gears:

Question was have you ever changed job.

He can have whatever reason he wants.

Maybe he wants to live in the most liveable city in the world? Like loads of people around australia and the world are doing. Its what i did.

Ringo

But you did not move to Brisbane   ;)

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on March 12, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

Im from perth which is basically just Brisbane.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on March 14, 2017, 09:18:46 AM
Quote from: Ringo on March 12, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

Im from perth which is basically just Brisbane.

Just without the showerty NRL dominance

Gandalf123

jvalles69

When my players in AF Fantasy don't line up in order of scoring average!  >:(

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 04, 2017, 08:03:12 PM

Yes flowering hate that to.  :(

jvalles69

Quote from: Grazz on April 04, 2017, 09:50:22 PM

Listened to the traders podcast too and Warnie got showerty with a guys team cos they were out of order, haha!

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 04, 2017, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: Grazz on April 04, 2017, 09:50:22 PM

Listened to the traders podcast too and Warnie got showerty with a guys team cos they were out of order, haha!

Listened to it also.
Can't lie if i'm bored i'll arrange them properly lol.  :-X

Jukes

You guys are flowering weirdos

Any sane person knows to sort every player by price rather than average ;)

TomK

Quote from: Jukes on April 04, 2017, 11:09:01 PM

jvalles69

Quote from: Jukes on April 04, 2017, 11:09:01 PM

I used to do this, but if it do it the way I do it now, then it shows me which pricks are underperforming!

PowerBug

Agree with Jukes, you sort by price ;)

SuperCoach web page sorts by average, but the SC app sorts by price :o
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126