Main Menu

What grinds your gears ?

Started by strikes91, August 28, 2013, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: henry on February 19, 2014, 09:03:05 AM
Yeah I agree brad should always be wickets first. Doesn't really annoy me that much but can be confusing if the score is 3/2 or in Victoria's case last week 6/9  ::). Whenever I'm asked the score I say wickets first eg  one for seventy rather than seventy for one

haha they were just showing Michael Clarke they could do it too! ...but with the bat instead

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on February 18, 2014, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 18, 2014, 12:43:06 AM
You get your points from runs... if you don't score any runs, because your shower (note- not necessarily because the bowler's any good), you physically can't win. Even if your bowling is amazing, and you get them all out for 10, if your batting is shower house and your team all get run out for a total of 6, you're going to lose.

Thats a poor call.

If your bowlers suck shower then the other team will score 500 and whatever your batsmen do is irrelevant. Plus, you need to take 20 wickets to win a test match plain and simple. If you don't do that, you'll never win a match.

Not really, if your batsmen are amazing.

and you don't need to take wickets, there's a set time limit on cricket games for a reason.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on February 19, 2014, 11:37:18 AM
Quote from: elephants on February 18, 2014, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 18, 2014, 12:43:06 AM
You get your points from runs... if you don't score any runs, because your shower (note- not necessarily because the bowler's any good), you physically can't win. Even if your bowling is amazing, and you get them all out for 10, if your batting is shower house and your team all get run out for a total of 6, you're going to lose.

Thats a poor call.

If your bowlers suck shower then the other team will score 500 and whatever your batsmen do is irrelevant. Plus, you need to take 20 wickets to win a test match plain and simple. If you don't do that, you'll never win a match.

Not really, if your batsmen are amazing.

and you don't need to take wickets, there's a set time limit on cricket games for a reason.

Yeah, you need to bowl the other team out twice (or have them declare stupidly early which rarely happens) to win a test match. Otherwise you'll lose or draw. If you run out of time and the side chasing is still batting it ends in a draw..

Keeper27

White Goodmans on buy/sell/swap sites asking for almost full price for a used item.

CrowsFan

People who write "his" when they should be writing "he is", or "he's". Almost as annoying as the there/their/they're error.

elephants

When girls act like girls. #vent

Ziplock

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on March 15, 2014, 04:05:14 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 15, 2014, 03:57:35 PM
When girls act like girls. #vent
...?

Long story and its not worth the effort of typing out, sorry :P

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on March 15, 2014, 03:49:35 PM
People who write "his" when they should be writing "he is", or "he's". Almost as annoying as the there/their/they're error.
And the definitely/definately/defiantly one...  ::)

GoLions

Quote from: NigeyS on March 15, 2014, 04:52:40 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on March 15, 2014, 03:49:35 PM
And the definitely/definately/defiantly one...  ::)
I don't mind definately, but defiantly just annoys the hell out of me

LF

Ringo

nrich102