EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

LOL United have the largest debt of any EPL club. Over 340 in debt.
Also with the poor form of the club wiping $250m off United's overall stock value in a little over six months.

We have 60m in the kitty that could be bumped up with the possible sale of Reina/agger.

Suarez has an 82m release clause but I don't think he'll go.
I've read that Real want Suarez but won't pay over 60, but will throw in a player.

Hope he doesn't leave.

Andrew3747

Every business is generally in debt. United make more than enough to not only repay servicing fee's on loans, interests and the initial debt amount, but to pay the CEO's a very generous amounts while buying players and paying them 150k plus is something that only United and Real Madrid can do. You do realise that the stock exchange only has 10% of the club on it? The stock exchange has close to 0 impact on the overall club profits. United is still the richest club in the world.

Suarez is the clear 3rd best player in the world atm.

Noz

I have read reports that Barca are willing to give cash + Tello in order to get Agger so if that happens thats already a win.

Keeper27

Quote from: Noz on May 12, 2014, 10:39:49 PM
I have read reports that Barca are willing to give cash + Tello in order to get Agger so if that happens thats already a win.

Agreed

My Chumps

Diego Costa to Chelsea for 32 mill. Surely Lukaku's going to get sold then?

Need transfer thread :P

Tominator

FA Cup final this weekend, surely Arsenal can break their trophy drought...? Another chance for a trophy won't come along this easy for a while yet

Andrew3747

FA Cup, Atleti vs Barca and DFB all on at same time. Sad times.

Tominator

Nige

My Chumps

Andrew3747

Not really. Palace were the worst side till pulis came in. Bookies had them at 1.10 and some even paid out on them being relegated. Fantastic job done by him.

BoredSaint

Quote from: My Chumps on May 13, 2014, 05:49:34 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 13, 2014, 02:23:03 PM
Pulis rightly named EPL Manager of the Year.
Martinez can consider himself pretty stiff.
as an everton fan I agree Martinez was stiff but you can't look past Pulis. He guided a club who had probably the worst list in the EPL to midtable.

My Chumps

I just mean most other years to do what Martinez has done would easily bag him MOTY.

CrowsFan

Quote from: My Chumps on May 13, 2014, 08:31:36 PM
I just mean most other years to do what Martinez has done would easily bag him MOTY.
What has he done? Got a team that finished 6th the season before to finish 5th this year. Not really a legendary achievement in my mind.

Andrew3747

Tactically he did an amazing job. However pullis acheievment is miles better.