EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3747

Quote from: Keeper27 on May 09, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
LOL @ the FIFA 14 line, was gonna use that on you.
Goretzka isnt just a number 6 mate, he's scored goals too.
thats the job of a B2B mid. score goals, play/defend deep.

Vidal, plays the same role and he's one of the best B2B.
score goals, play/defend deep.

same shower.

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 09, 2014, 08:30:26 AMGerrard playing as a number 6 has failed too btw. Lucas is by far the better player at that role.

coz thats his natural position you knob. ??? ??

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 09, 2014, 08:30:26 AMI can explain in detail if you would like.

gerrard defends just as much as Lucas, and he goes on the attack a WHOLE lot more, and starts moves that lead to attacking options, and scored more goals.
how is he better?? isnt that the job of a number 6??

stop talking crap mate. you're starting look like like an idiot

Ok here we go.

So first off I never said Goretzka was a 6. I said Pogba was a b2b, veratti and gundogan a number 6. So by the process of elimination and some common sense, that leaves Goretzka as the versatile central mid.

You have no idea what a number 6 is do you? Pirlo, xavi, Gundogan, Carrick, Lucas etc. These are number 6's. So well done for not knowing basic football positions.

Gerrard has done awful in his new role because of the lack defensive cover he leaves which causes so mich space. Last 20 or so games you have kept 2 clean sheets. This is all to do with Gerrard and the 2 cbs not communicating. Getrard is also a pretty showerty passer and doesnt have legs to run anymore.

Its just hilarous that you can come up with this shower qhen my 5 year old nephew knows basic positions.

Keeper27

Alright mate, my mistake. I thought you were referring to Goretzka.
And yes Gundogan is a B2B too. He scores goals too. Shame he's been injured.

I do know what a number 6 is. I explained it with Vidal.

Anyways. Gerrard a showerty passer?? LOL.
C'mon I know you hate Liverpool but don't talk crap without facts.
Gerrard this year was the leader in key passes and was the leader in key passes thats led to goals.
Hazard is the leader now but Gerrard is still up there. So please tell me how he's a showerty passer?

he outshines your club legends like Scholes and Giggs.

He's got more assists than both them blokes and that makes him a showerty passer?
Higher pass completion and more key passes.

More goals than Scholes and only 3 behind giggs who's played 200 more league games than Gerrard.
You'd think giggs being a winger most of his career he'd have more goals.

Just focus on next season mate.
Better hope Van Gaal brings in some quality and fixes up that shambles of a midfield you got.

Andrew3747

Gundogan is set peice taker which leads to his inflated scorepoints. He is purely a 6.

Key passes doesnt exclude set peices. Gerrard is the corner and free kick  taker for the majority whicj leads to higher stats in those regions.

Vidal isnt even close to a 6. Vidal is an 8.i think you are confused. Have a look at some zonal marking. They jabe some great articles.

Keeper27

Vidal plays a deeper role than pogba/marchisio right?
Think he's got most tackles won.

That's why he can be considered a 6.

Andrew3747

Pirlo is the 6. Vidal and pogba are both the 8s. It just shows how elite vidal is by have sick numbers.

Tominator

GAMEWEEK 38 PREVIEW

So the final week of the EPL season is upon us, and what a season its been. Dramatic right to the end - will there be another twist tonight? Will City win the title or will they succumb on the final day and break Liverpool's 24 year drought?
10 games all on at the same time - this is the final day of the season.

Cardiff City v Chelsea
Cardiff have already been relegated whilst Chelsea have sewn up a 3rd-place finish. Could be a lacklustre game but Cardiff will wanna play well in front of their fans before going down to the Championship.

KEY PLAYER:  Gary Cahill
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-0 to Chelsea

Fulham v Crystal Palace
Fulham have also been relegated, whilst Crystal Palace have had an amazing recovery since the likely Manager of the Year, Tony Pulis, took over mid-season.

KEY PLAYER:  Jason Puncheon
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  1-1 draw

Hull City v Everton
The Toffees have had a great year under Martinez and cemented Europa League qualification, while Hull are in 16th but with a win could finish as high as 12th

KEY PLAYER:  Nikica Jelavic (against his former club)
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to Everton

Norwich City v Arsenal
Norwich are the third club to be relegated and will finish their PL-run at home to Arsenal, who want a win to finish off their disappointing second-half to the season

KEY PLAYER:  Lukas Podolski
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  2-1 to Arsenal

Southampton v Manchester United
Is this the last game for Shaw and Lallana in Southampton colours? Could they be playing for United next season? Should be another good one, with United looking to end a bad season with 3 points

KEY PLAYER:  Adam Lallana

Sunderland v Swansea
Sunderland have had a remarkable turnaround after sitting 7 points clear of safety with 6 games to go, but they are now safe. Swansea have struggled too this year, but this game will probably have a nothing-to-play-for, mid-table feel to it.

KEY PLAYER:  Connor Wickham

Tottenham v Aston Villa
What will be Tim Sherwood's last game in charge, and a bad loss may see it as Paul Lambert's too.

KEY PLAYER:  Fabian Delph
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  1-0 to Tottenham

West Bromwich Albion v Stoke City
WBA just avoided relegation whilst a win for Stoke will see them earn a Top 10 finish

KEY PLAYER:  Asmir Begovic
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  0-0 draw

Liverpool v Newcastle
After Liverpool got Istanbulled by Palace last week, their title bid is - most likely - over. They need to win (and have City lose) to win the title, but should take 3 points at the adoring Anfield and with Newcastle's form grinding to a halt the day they sold Yohan Cabaye

KEY PLAYER:  Steven Gerrard
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  4-1 to Liverpool

Manchester City v West Ham United
It could be a couple of ex-Liverpool players who could win the title for Liverpool, Andy Carroll and Stuart Downing. A huge game for City - will there be another "Aguero" moment like 2011/12 against QPR? I don't think it'll come to that, as City will most likely put the game to bed before injury time. But this is the Premier League, so who knows.

KEY PLAYER:  Yaya Toure
TOMINATOR'S TIP:  3-1 and the 2013/14 title to Manchester City

Keeper27

Congrats to City, well deserved.
a bit shattered we didnt win it this year after looking so promising after New Years.
But there are plenty to look forward too, we reach our target, we made the Champions League.
i think final 16/quarters is a realistic target next year.

Next year the league will be ours  ;)

T Dog

Arsenal poised to take the title next season. You heard it hear 1st.... ;D

Andrew3747

Good season but if Liverpool couldnt win this year I doubt they can come close next season. They ran like god with a tonne of less games.

My Chumps

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 12, 2014, 12:23:45 PM
Good season but if Liverpool couldnt win this year I doubt they can come close next season. They ran like god with a tonne of less games.
Definitely need some new signings. AT LEAST one new centre back and a new right back. Borini coming back should help, but we'd also like another forward option such as Lallana which looks likely. Should see improvement or at least maintenance out of most of the squad; Flannagan, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Borini, Allen, Sterling are all still young. 

I think we can go close again in what will most likely be Gerrards next season. He must feel pretty flowering awful right now to be honest :(

Still, a very respectable season. Pretty proud of the lads, and BR.

Keeper27

Quote from: My Chumps on May 12, 2014, 01:08:22 PMHe must feel pretty flowering awful right now to be honest :(

yeah that "slip" might have cost us the league but TBH its stupid stuff like losing 3-1 to Hull, Drawing against Villa/Palace @ Home, it's little f*ck ups like this that cost titles.

we'll learn from it. The boys are Hungry, coming so close will make the guys want it more, it is realistic that we can win it.

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 12, 2014, 12:23:45 PM

LOL, ok mate, and where is your mob gonna fit in all this?? Top 4?? i think not.
United only played an extra 11 games. i'm sure we can handle an extra 11 games with more players coming in.

Doubt United will be top 6 again next year, Evra/Vidic leaving to Inter, Rio/Giggs are finished, your midfield is garbage.

Andrew3747

Make a bet they will get top 6? Will happily bet amywhere from 100 to 5k on evens for them to get top 6. Liverpool dont have the depth. United obv have work but with a decent manager top 6 is easy top 4 is achievable. While challenging seems like a long way ofd after this season its almost a given they will be closer to 2nd then 6th.

Liverpool ran way above ev this season but you also should feel embarrased that you let the title go aftee it was pretty much handed to you with 4 games to go.

elephants

Keeper27

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PM
Make a bet they will get top 6? Will happily bet amywhere from 100 to 5k on evens for them to get top 6. Liverpool dont have the depth. United obv have work but with a decent manager top 6 is easy top 4 is achievable. While challenging seems like a long way ofd after this season its almost a given they will be closer to 2nd then 6th.

LOL you're right, missing top 6 was a bit of a dig.. Max 5th @ best, even though every year Arsenal dont have enough in their Tank to keep going after Christmas and Everton has mediocre players they both will finish above you. well maybe not everton, Martinez with a few new players will do ok next year and might push you back to 6th/7th.

C'mon lets be honest, "challenging seems like a long way ofd" Challenging should be the last thing on your mind. Rebuilding is what you need.
sure you have some decent players in Rooney, RVP (softcock), Mata, Kagawa, and a few underrated players in Evans/Jones/Carrick who do their job, its players like Cleverly, Nani/Valencia/Young that really bring you down. Anderson coming back, geez just adding to the pile of dog crap, Arent you glad that you might actually get rid of Nani/Valencia??

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PMLiverpool ran way above ev this season

i know, Rodgers knew too.. i've said it before champ.
breaking into the top 4 was our goal this year. anything else is a bonus you muppet.

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 12, 2014, 03:52:31 PMyou also should feel embarrased that you let the title go aftee it was pretty much handed to you with 4 games to go.

LOL, as i said before "TBH its stupid stuff like losing 3-1 to Hull, Drawing against Villa/Palace @ Home, it's little f*ck ups like this that cost titles" it wasnt just the Chelsea game. Games against Chelsea/City/Arsenal you expect a hard game and sometimes you get no points, its games against the lower teams like Man United you should put away.

but thats the way with the premier league, its a much more stronger/even competition than any other of the main leagues i reckon.
10 measly points separated 13th and 20th.

BoredSaint

Everton for the league next season.. I CALLED IT FIRST

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)