EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 10:33:38 AM13>0

You keep typing that like English Football has been around for only 22 years.
It's taken your mob 22 years to finally catch up and surpass us.
And now it looks like a down hill slide for you guys.

I could do the same thing and say 5>3
I think European Champions trumps English Title.
What now?

Enough said.

Andrew3747

Wait, whos talking about history now? Jesus Christ. That hypocrisy.

I also love how it counts the two minor trophies in England and Europe. Sorry that we don't ever go to the sewers and win minor titles against garbage teams.

I only take in recent years because thats what is going on now. The rules have changed a shower tonne since the old english league. The old Liverpool team exploited the flower out of the pass back rule and since thats been gone, so has Liverpool's success.

Liverpool from 2004 is 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 1 CL Final and 2 Semi Finals.

United from 2004 is 5 PL, 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 2 CL Finals, 6 Semi Finals.  This makes Liverpool look decent too. Take it down to 5 years and its 0.  Zilch. Nothing.

T Dog

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 11:38:35 AM
Wait, whos talking about history now? Jesus Christ. That hypocrisy.

I also love how it counts the two minor trophies in England and Europe. Sorry that we don't ever go to the sewers and win minor titles against garbage teams.

I only take in recent years because thats what is going on now. The rules have changed a shower tonne since the old english league. The old Liverpool team exploited the flower out of the pass back rule and since thats been gone, so has Liverpool's success.

Liverpool from 2004 is 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 1 CL Final and 2 Semi Finals.

United from 2004 is 5 PL, 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 2 CL Finals, 6 Semi Finals.  This makes Liverpool look decent too. Take it down to 5 years and its 0.  Zilch. Nothing.

How about we all stop talking about history.

Team/ 2013-14 EPL Titles / 2013-14 UEFA CL titles / 2013-14 Europa League titles / 2013-14 English Cup titles/ Total

Liverpool/ 0 / 0 / 0 / 0/ 0

Manchester United/ 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0

There. Now stop bagging on teams when they've won the same amount of trophies (that's if you want to bring up the whole, don't talk about history argument).

The only English teams that can possibly bag others, without bringing up any history at all (previous years), is Manchester City, possibly Liverpool- as they are the only other mathematical chance of winning the EPL this year, Arsenal or Hull City (TBD).

MTTY

Now, based on that, fact is this. Liverpool were better than Manchester United in 2013/14. Liverpool will finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Manchester United will finish 6th or 7th. Liverpool beat Manchester United both times in the Premier League, while United managed a win in the Cup. Two wins is better than one win (in case anyone didn't realise).

In no way is this post bagging either team, but it is simply stating facts and not history (before the current season). I don't care what excuses Manchester United or their supporters have for their season, whether it was Moyes' tactics, losing the players in the dressing room or their players fault. In any case it does not matter.

I do not care why Liverpool lost the title (still to be decided), and do not care why they lost or drew to the teams we did. Whether it was Gerrard's slip, Rogers' tactics, the players nerves. It doesn't matter.

Liverpool were better than Manchester United this season. Liverpool had a chance at winning the title (still do) till the very last game. Manchester United were completely out of the title race. Liverpool beat Manchester United in 2013/14.....

Andrew3747

Welcome to sports rivalry where we laugh at each others downfalls? Its sports 101. No idea what your point is, if there is any.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 01:03:21 PM
Welcome to sports rivalry where we laugh at each others downfalls? Its sports 101. No idea what your point is, if there is any.

Point is why bother bagging on other teams? Especially if you're team's in a worse position than the other.

Andrew3747

Its a sports rivalry. See what the thread title is. It has banter in it. If you can't handle banter gtfo.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 01:26:19 PM
Its a sports rivalry. See what the thread title is. It has banter in it. If you can't handle banter gtfo.

I can. I just fail to see the reason why you'd want to if your team was sitting in 7th place.

Andrew3747

Because the biggest positive out of this season is Liverpool choking the title. They haven't won it for 25 years. Same reason I want hull to win vs Arsenal, so they stay trophy-less for as long as possible. So by your own logic, when Liverpool beat Man Utd in those fixtures a few years back when Man Utd were domming the league, Liverpool supporters should stay quiet due to them being 30 points behind us? Of course not. They are going to rip into Man utd for being shower cows and Man utd fans will rip into them saying they finished 7th and we get to lift the trophy.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Because the biggest positive out of this season is Liverpool choking the title. They haven't won it for 25 years. Same reason I want hull to win vs Arsenal, so they stay trophy-less for as long as possible. So by your own logic, when Liverpool beat Man Utd in those fixtures a few years back when Man Utd were domming the league, Liverpool supporters should stay quiet due to them being 30 points behind us? Of course not. They are going to rip into Man utd for being shower cows and Man utd fans will rip into them saying they finished 7th and we get to lift the trophy.

1. I'd say the biggest positive is that the league's become far better and equal. More teams are competitive. That may just be me though, seeing as i'll sacrifice the humiliation of rival teams for the greater cause.

2 & 3. I'm pretty sure I just said we should stop talking about history. You also gave it to a Pool supporter for bringing it up.

I for one remained quiet throughout our previous poor seasons, and have ignored Manchester United's fall this season, despite being a Liverpool supporter. I decided to be the bigger person about it and just support my team either way. Yes, I will engage in banter when Liverpool comes up against another team, but aside from that I only praise my team when they are playing well (as they are this season), rather than dish it out to teams under performing.

Andrew3747

One thing talking about 3 seasons ago, but talking about 30 years ago is completely different.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 02:16:24 PM
One thing talking about 3 seasons ago, but talking about 30 years ago is completely different.

History: "the whole series of past events connected with a particular person or thing"

Andrew3747

If you think there is no difference between 1-5 or even 10 seasons ago compared to talking 25+ seasons ago, when the league is completely different in almost every way, then lol you.

Wait why are you quoting me bro? That was 10 minutes ago, thought you said you don't talk about history? Don't know why Tommy does reviews then, who cares about history!!!

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 08, 2014, 02:22:03 PM
If you think there is no difference between 1-5 or even 10 seasons ago compared to talking 25+ seasons ago, when the league is completely different in almost every way, then lol you.

Wait why are you quoting me bro? That was 10 minutes ago, thought you said you don't talk about history? Don't know why Tommy does reviews then, who cares about history!!!

I think i'll leave it at that. I've proven my point, you'll probably wonder what point that is.