EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Quote from: My Chumps on April 30, 2014, 10:54:57 AMSkrtel's not good enough to be starting. I don't know why he's playing in front of Agger. Johnson may as well be a winger

sure Skrtel makes mistakes but he has been our most solid defender besides Sakho.
also he's scored something like 7 goals. whats to hate??
Agger should be on the way out, im dirty that Chelsea bought kurt zouma coz he couldve been a great long term thing.
Johnson is such a big waste of money. He's got HUGE wages and cant defend for sh!t.

we need Luke Shaw, and yes we need depth but like you said we need players who can fill spots or do better.

Lucas is another we need to get rid of, when he's on the pitch he's been great, but too injury prone.

FWD depth, coz Aspas/Alberto arent up to scratch.

My Chumps

Quote from: Keeper27 on April 30, 2014, 11:04:17 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on April 30, 2014, 10:54:57 AMSkrtel's not good enough to be starting. I don't know why he's playing in front of Agger. Johnson may as well be a winger

sure Skrtel makes mistakes but he has been our most solid defender besides Sakho.
also he's scored something like 7 goals. whats to hate??
Agger should be on the way out, im dirty that Chelsea bought kurt zouma coz he couldve been a great long term thing.
Johnson is such a big waste of money. He's got HUGE wages and cant defend for sh!t.

we need Luke Shaw, and yes we need depth but like you said we need players who can fill spots or do better.

Lucas is another we need to get rid of, when he's on the pitch he's been great, but too injury prone.

FWD depth, coz Aspas/Alberto arent up to scratch.
Skrtel makes waaaaaay too many mistakes to be the starting CB in a Premier League winning team. The dude was non-existent in that second half against City a few weeks ago when we really needed him. We should be playing our CB to defend, not score.

Borini comes back for some forward depth. He's been killing it for Sunderland, won their best young player of the year award IIRC. Can play on the wing too. Suso could also come back from loan, and he's been playing alright.
So between Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Borini, Suso, Coutinho and maybe Lallana, we should be a-okay for forward depth IMO.

Luke Shaw would be an excellent addition.

Keeper27

Excited to see Suso back. Been reading some great things about him.
We still need to fix the DM situation.
Gerrard has done great with Lucas out and it's nice to see Lucas back but we need a less fragile DM with amazing passing.

Noz

Yes Suso coming back will be a great addition he is a terrific young player. I also heard reports that we will be looking at options for a replacement for Mignolet.

Keeper27

Quote from: Noz on April 30, 2014, 02:33:16 PM
Yes Suso coming back will be a great addition he is a terrific young player. I also heard reports that we will be looking at options for a replacement for Mignolet.

wouldnt say replacement,  more like back up. Marshall seems a popular name thats going around.

elephants

Keeper27

Quote from: elephants on April 30, 2014, 03:18:02 PM
I was gonna say replacing him would be tough/harsh.

they were looking @ Valdes, but i dont think he'll wanna be a bench sitter

Master Q

Quote from: My Chumps on April 30, 2014, 10:54:57 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on April 30, 2014, 06:40:48 AM
Quote from: Master Q on April 29, 2014, 10:34:54 PM
Lallana looks like he will come to Liverpool next season...

He plays a similar role as Coutinho.
Does he take it off him?
We're in a strange situation. Our best XI have proved they're good enough to win the PL, but we're going to have a lot of spare funds after fairing so well this season, and players from other clubs will be wanting to join on due to our Champions League qualification.

Maybe a bit of depth in up front in positions such as Coutinho's won't hurt, but I don't want us to end up buying players just because they're available only to have them end up wasting away on the bench.

Definitely need to sure up that back 4 though. Easily the worst defence from the top 3 clubs. Sakho's got room for improvement but Skrtel's not good enough to be starting. I don't know why he's playing in front of Agger. Johnson may as well be a winger; shows very little on the defensive end. Where's Martin Kelly gone? He was set to be a jet of a RB. At least Flannegan should retain his spot, for his age he's been fantastic so far this year.
It's not that strange and we aren't buying players because we have the funds.

Liverpool aren't close to being able to field PL and CL sides. Look at City and Chelsea.

Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Sterling and Suso are really our only front 3 options. Aspas is gone like the wind and Coutinho is more suited to LCM or RCM role. Lallana is perfect as he can play both. I then think we need one more striker who can hold his own in at least the PL, can't rely on just Suarez and Sturridge.

Think the midfield is fine, might need one more even with Lallana. I do agree we need another CB though. Flanagan = star

Noz

Tello seems the most likely to join as Barca only want 8m, Tello can play as a striker and also a winger but more suited to the striker position. Agger seems close to leaving as Napoli are going to make a huge play for him.

If Agger does leave it pretty much flowers up our entire defensive unit.

Also linked to Luke Shaw and if we do get him imagine Shaw and Flanagan as our fullbacks in a couple years time.  :D

Keeper27

I'd like the Tello move.
Reportedly worth 15, so if we can get him @ 8 we're laughing.

Agger going wouldn't be as big as a loss as you think.
Missed a lot of games at the start of the year due to being out of form.

Loic Remy is a fwd option I think that would fit our style of play.
Hasn't got the chances due to the quality of players he played with @ QPR/Newcastle

MTTY

CrowsFan

Noz

MTTY

Quote from: Noz on April 30, 2014, 07:50:39 PM
Quote from: MTTY on April 30, 2014, 07:44:31 PM
I think we should make a serious play for Reus.

Couldn't agree more!

Ideally i'd like:

Marco Reus
Adam Lallana
Luke Shaw
Micah Richards
Will Hughes
Christian Tello

and a gun CB.

elephants

I cannot contain my excitement at seeing Kurt Zouma in blue next season 8)