EPL 2013/14 Mega Thread - Previews, Reviews and General Discussion/Banter

Started by Tominator, August 13, 2013, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Leave the Liverpool fans alone. :'( I know dem feels Chumps! :)

stew42

Quote from: BoredSaint on December 19, 2013, 11:57:03 PM
EVERTONNNN
Yeah, against us, who fell to another case of "Let slip a goal or two in the last 10 mins" despite a new manager  ::)
Still, I'm happy with Fulham atm, showing definite improvement. The game was a lot closer than the scoreline showed.

BoredSaint

Quote from: stew42 on December 20, 2013, 12:09:06 PM
EVERTONNNN
Yeah, against us, who fell to another case of "Let slip a goal or two in the last 10 mins" despite a new manager  ::)
Still, I'm happy with Fulham atm, showing definite improvement. The game was a lot closer than the scoreline showed.
21 games or something wins against fulham at home...

My Chumps

Quote from: elephants on December 20, 2013, 04:23:38 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on December 20, 2013, 12:48:15 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 19, 2013, 10:19:37 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 19, 2013, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on December 19, 2013, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: Noz on December 19, 2013, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on December 19, 2013, 06:04:35 PM
Quote from: Tominator on December 19, 2013, 05:46:58 PM
Tottenham 0-5 Liverpool
The Luis Suarez show was in full flight again. Two goals and three assists, in his first game as captain (standing in for Steven Gerrard) for the man who just keeps on scoring. It was a nightmare for Andre Villas-Boas, whose back four again capitulated just weeks after conceding 6 against Manchester City, despite being defensively solid for most of the season. Suarez opened the scoring in the first half, before Jordan Henderson made it 2-0. Paulinho was sent off in the second half, and from there it went from bad to worse, as Jon Flanagan scored his first league goal for Liverpool. Suarez added another to his tally - that's 17 for the season - before Raheem Sterling made it 5-0. Rightly or wrongly, it was the last straw as Villas-Boas was ultimately sacked in the wake of the loss.

This performance, and his recent form, proves that Luis Suarez is without a doubt the best player in the Premier League.
Damn that's good to read  8)

Excellent write up as usual Tom! Top stuff mate.
You a a liverpool fan as well chumpy?
Yes mate. Yourself, Q, chrisuzz (if he's still about) and I are all Liverpool supporters I believe. Might be forgetting other people too.

Poor blokes :( :P
I second this sentiment.
:P

Honestly I prefer it supporting Liverpool than United/Chelsea/City. Winning the league is obviously the ultimate objective but being a team that's expected to be battling for Champions/Europa league is fun, because if we don't win the league, the seasons not a disappointment, and we don't sack our manager unlike some other premier league clubs... *cough cough :P

Resigned to mediocrity, nice Liverpool fans ;)

Haha, ouch :P

Tominator

EVERTONNNN

I do not blame you for being excited about the Toffees!  Baines back soon as well. Looking very very strong, even though Lukaku hasn't scored for three games!

The Martinez Effect is having a big impact, if Liverpool weren't doing so well I would have Everton pencilled in for 4th spot, but as long as Liverpool have Suarez they are going to be a huge threat.

The next Merseyside Derby (January 28 I think..?) will be crucial in deciding fourth place - that'll end up as one of those two, or Manchester United.

Tominator

boys with the Christmas and New Year period coming up, I've got a little conundrum here. Obviously this is an incredibly busy time, for both us and also for the EPL players - there are three GWs in the space of 8 days over XMas - so doing all these write ups is gonna be hard. The Previews and Reviews take time, and with XMas and New Years celebrations, this is probably time I don't really have, given I'll be out with family and friends quite a lot (there is a mate's bday in there too).

Instead of doing Previews and Reviews for every GW, would you guys rather me do a club-by-club mid-year review? Kinda like how their season is going so far, predicted finishes, etc

Also it would probably go into the New Year. They wouldn't be all at once and wouldn't be awfully long, but maybe like 2 or 3 a day?

PowerBug

whatever you have time for mate. :) Shorten the previews maybe? You say mid season review, maybe mention a predicted scoreline for their three games over that time?

Tominator

Quote from: PowerBug on December 20, 2013, 09:54:44 PM
whatever you have time for mate. :) Shorten the previews maybe? You say mid season review, maybe mention a predicted scoreline for their three games over that time?

sorry I didn't make that clear haha

I'll do the Previews - they take like 5 minutes - predict a scoreline and a key player, boom boom that's it.

But yeah "Mid-Season Review" in place of Gameweek Reviews   :)

Vinny

PowerBug

Yeah too easy man, if anything another idea is to do monthly reviews instead of weekly ones anyway after January. :)

My Chumps

Tominator

Quote from: PowerBug on December 20, 2013, 10:52:54 PM
Yeah too easy man, if anything another idea is to do monthly reviews instead of weekly ones anyway after January. :)

that sounds like a possible idea

I won't be able to keep this up during Year 12 next year that is for sure, so I might look into that. Thanks for the suggestion PB  :)

BoredSaint

Quote from: Tominator on December 20, 2013, 07:35:30 PM
EVERTONNNN

I do not blame you for being excited about the Toffees!  Baines back soon as well. Looking very very strong, even though Lukaku hasn't scored for three games!

The Martinez Effect is having a big impact, if Liverpool weren't doing so well I would have Everton pencilled in for 4th spot, but as long as Liverpool have Suarez they are going to be a huge threat.

The next Merseyside Derby (January 28 I think..?) will be crucial in deciding fourth place - that'll end up as one of those two, or Manchester United.
Everyone says we're only a CHANCE of top 4, but considering that the top 4 teams are all playing each other in the next few weeks around Christmas and new years and we're playing midtable/relegation teams, we have a great chance of challenging almost for the title.

I know I'm being super optimistic but consider our results against the top teams this season:
Chelsea (H) 1:0
Liverpool (H) 3:3
Man City (A) 3:1
Arsenal (A) 1:1
Man U (A) 0:1

Our only loss is to Man City away at Etihad and we grabbed a win against Chelsea and Man U.

If we can strengthen the squad during January and get a few players back from injury, who knows what we can achieve this season. Really looking forward to the coming weeks and how we finish off the second half of the season :D

Tominator

GAMEWEEK 17 PREVIEW

Liverpool v Cardiff

KEY PLAYER: Luis Suarez  (no prizes for guessing that one)
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 4-1 to Liverpool

Crystal Palace v Newcastle

KEY PLAYER: Tim Krul
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 2-1 to Newcastle

Fulham v Manchester City

KEY PLAYER: Samir Nasri
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 3-1 to City

Manchester United v West Ham

KEY PLAYER: Jussi Jaaskelainen
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 1-0 to United

Stoke v Aston Villa

KEY PLAYER: Peter Crouch
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 1-1 draw

Sunderland v Norwich

KEY PLAYER: Sebastien Bassong

West Bromich Albion v Hull City

KEY PLAYER: Yannick Sagbo
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 2-1 to West Brom

Southampton v Tottenham

KEY PLAYER: Jay Rodriguez

Swansea v Everton

KEY PLAYER: Michu
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 2-1 to Everton.  Would love it if Swansea managed to steal a point or three though

Arsenal v Chelsea - MATCH OF THE ROUND

KEY PLAYER: Mesut Ozil ... but there are so many in this game
TOMINATOR'S TIP: 2-2 draw

Noz

His name is Suarez and he wears the famous red
I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough
When he scores a volley or gets one with his head
I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough
He scores a goal and The Kop go wild and i just can't seem to get enough of SUAREZ