Adelaide crows supporter to port supporters- btw not an offensive post

Started by phil5158, August 04, 2013, 08:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil5158

Credit to port for their win today take my hats off to your team

my point on this post is that do you port supporters agree that both SA teams can be top 4 teams and try to stop these victorian teams from taking all the premierships

im not going to lie i hate port probably as much as you people hate the crows that is why its such a big rivalry

last question

Who will win a premiership first Adelaide crows or Port Power and be honest and dont be biast in your answer

powersuperkents

Honest opinion on all the questions
I have high hopes for Port to be a top 4 team in the coming seasons, they may hang in the 8 for a while over the next few before becoming prominent but with the 3rd youngest team, an amazing coach, progressive management and corporate approaches and most importantly young talent paired with senior mentors I think they will eventually obtain their former status as an eminent team (much like the four straight years Port & Brisbane were the two dominate powers of the comp).

I supported Crows last year in the finals because I still liked them more than Collingwood & Hawthorne but I don't think too highly of them, the last time they actually had a shot was 2005/06 and they haven't won in well over 10 years (96 & 97 if I recall correctly). They never seem to improve (unlike dominate teams who slowly work their way up the ladder going from the bottom 8 to subtly climbing the top 8 year by year). Conversely the crows are inconspicuous one year they'll be 3rd-7th but will most likely show no signs of actually attempting to win and the next year (much like this season) they can drop out altogether 2009 followed by 2010 and more recently the fact this season for the Crows is not comparable with the last.

Honest opinion, I think Port are more likely by a mile, we've won one more recently, we've appeared in one more recently & more importantly when we make the 8 we are there to compete and we won't drop out unless devastation occurs (119pt loss) or natural process (the team eventually ages and falls apart). I don't think Adelaide will win for a long time, besides Dangerfield there is no real talent (Crouch still needs to prove himself in upcoming seasons) and even when the Crows finish in the top 4 they can't even make the Grand Final. They need to hope next years draft favours them because that is the only thing important aspect when we break team development down into basics. My honest opinion as well, I think Western Bulldogs at Etihad> Adelaide Crows this week   

powersuperkents

This you see the game tonight (this morning for me personally). Let's see an older crows side pull off a win like that

also to further exacerbate the situation caused by how wrong your perception is of "seeing more talent in the Adelaide rookie list than the Powers'" is I would like to add. Essendon & Adelaide miss out on their first two round picks of the next draft. I think that's going to thwart the teams chances in future so looking over the next three or so years, yes I completely remain adamant that my original point will be correct. Is my opinion, yes it is, but so far it looks like that is the direction in which everything is heading...   

3rd youngest team in the league is into the final 6  :D Anyone who finds my statement bewildering don't take offense, this basically a 100% in your face post to Phil5158 for his (illogical) anti-port adelaide rhetoric he sent me after my comment :) The guy is a troll though (he basically manipulated statistics that weren't pertinent and used subjective arguments to prove an almost irrelevant point..)

powersuperkents

I rest my case  ;)

Don't you dare compare the Crows to Port for the next 2 or so years. That team has a long way to go... I'd say Port, North, & Richmond are the dominant young sides. Crows have a lot of rebuilding to do and still have an arguably old team.

(Port will be good for the next 3-6 years, I've said next 2 or so because I'm not going to doubt the Crows, they are rise as quickly as they fall and you never know what to expect. However, until they find form, and furthermore, maintain it for more than one season -something they struggle to do- the two teams are incomparable).

No offence to Crows fans, I cheers on the side when they play finals and Port don't (I'd prefer the Crows winning than a Victorian team (barring North Melbourne and Hawthorn if they play Sydney in the GF this season (regarding this season). This guy, Phil5158 (I'm sure he's a troll) made some fallacious arguments about Port Adelaide, comparing them to the Crows (actually stated the Crows were at the time better than Port, at the time possessed better young talent than Port, and would be better than Port in the 2014 season). If he had based it on relevant statistics I wouldn't care and it would be fair enough, however the facts he used the Crows 2012 stats compared to Port's 2012 stats was ridiculous (esp. when this discussion took place after the Port v Magpies game in 2013...) 

I repeat, not a strike at the Crows (I respect them), a strike at Phil's stubbornness  ;) ('Phil's fallacy' if you will)

kilbluff1985

upthemaidens

If Sloane, Danger or walker would like to play Finals at some point this decade.  All they have to do is give Hinkley a call and he might be able to squeeze them in somewhere on our list..  ;D    GO the POWER

powersuperkents

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2014, 12:42:47 AM
       If Sloane, Danger or walker would like to play Finals at some point this decade.  All they have to do is give Hinkley a call and he might be able to squeeze them in somewhere on our list..  ;D    GO the POWER
Would love them all but don't think we need Sloane and Danger (the latter could play in our forward pocket hahaha). Tex I would really like to make the cross over. Schulz will be 30 soon and Butcher, Shaw, & Ah Chee don't seem to be viable replacements atm.

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 14, 2014, 12:31:23 AM
you forgetting about a couple teams in GC and GWS
GWS will be fantastic is a few years. Gold Coast will be good (very strong defence and midfield) but they lack the forward line and seem too reliant on Ablett (won't be a problem however because he's extended his contract until the end of 2018.. If they haven't won by then plenty of time for the youngsters to prepare for life without Ablett)

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 14, 2014, 01:29:05 AM
GWS will be fantastic is a few years. Gold Coast will be good (very strong defence and midfield) but they lack the forward line and seem too reliant on Ablett (won't be a problem however because he's extended his contract until the end of 2018.. If they haven't won by then plenty of time for the youngsters to prepare for life without Ablett)

GWS will be top 8 next year.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on September 14, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

I'm not doubting them... But that is still a big call, they are still a very young team 

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 14, 2014, 04:56:06 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 14, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

I'm not doubting them... But that is still a big call, they are still a very young team

The only thing that's going to stop them are season ending injuries to players like davis, mumford, ward ;)

quinny88