Main Menu

Sydneys Jesse White

Started by ajjewell, July 28, 2013, 06:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajjewell

Could this player help us sort out our forward line? He looks like a pretty handy player who should improve with being the main focal point rather than a after thought like he is at the swans. Surely one of the talls at Sydney will have to get squeezed out, he is a good age to fit in and have an immediate impact and you wouldn't have thought he would cost us a hell of a lot in terms of trading a gun player

Mailman the 2nd

As a Sydney supporter the time for picking up Jesse White was definitely end last year. Adelaide didn't take him when they should've and now they have next to no forward line. 

Assuming he continues at this pace Sydney will be keen to keep him and his trade value has skyrocketed

Mat0369

Pass, he has struggled as the focal point in previous seasons which is why he was on the outer and the Swans went for Tippett. Carlton also have a couple of similar guys in Hampson and Levi already. I would rather persevere with Casboult

ajjewell

He is a hell of a lot better player than Hampson and I believe he will be better the Casboult, heaps more reliable in front of goal then those 2 players

Mailman the 2nd

He's certainly a more athletic player than Casboullt or Hampson but what would Carlton offer in return?

stew42

Yeah, what will you give us? :P

Capper

We will take Megan Gale but not Hampson

Mat0369

Hampson would probably be back in the team right now but his injury at VFL level cost him a spot. The guy is a serious athlete but trying to play him at FF is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. He recorded something ridiculous like a 3 second 20 meter sprint at the draft camp and I think he is pretty close to the fastest over 20 at the club at the moment which is crazy considering you have Yarran and Garlett at the club. He also used to be a junior sprinter through high school and has a decent jump on him. He was a pretty raw prospect when the Blues drafted him as he had only played footy for 2 years at the time. What lets him down is his hands, but he is underrated in the way he busts open packs when he jumps for the ball. He looks to actually palm the ball to the advantage of Betts and Garlett running into goal and he does it quite successfully. He would be a really good number 1 ruck for a team that needs ruckmen.

its me lads

We didn't need him though. We thought Tex and Jenkins would be enough with Lynchy down there as well. To be honest I don't rate him anyway so am happy we didn't get him. I think he would improve Carlton a bit but what you need IMO is a real GUN key forward not a second rate fill in.

Vinny

Quote from: its me lads on July 29, 2013, 05:35:38 PM
We didn't need him though. We thought Tex and Jenkins would be enough with Lynchy down there as well. To be honest I don't rate him anyway so am happy we didn't get him. I think he would improve Carlton a bit but what you need IMO is a real GUN key forward not a second rate fill in.

I think Hampson is a good one to trade some clubs could really do with him. But your right the Blues need a top line gun !

Who do people reckon we should look at ?  Throw some named around.

Look to trade for Boyd ? Buddy somehow ?

Sydney14

Swans need either a key back for depth or a running half back imo. Yarran or Matthew Watson would be good for us I think but that may not be a very fair trade.  :-\

stew42

Ooh, yeah, give us Yarran! Malthouse hates him, that's reason enough, isn't it? ;D

Mailman the 2nd

Well White is the best "second rate" Tall forward going round atm and i don't think Carlton can do anymore big spending recruiting damage so i dunno where they're going to get a forward otherwise without throwing all their finances/draft future out the door. 

its me lads

Quote from: vinny on July 29, 2013, 05:58:11 PM
Quote from: its me lads on July 29, 2013, 05:35:38 PM

I think Hampson is a good one to trade some clubs could really do with him. But your right the Blues need a top line gun !

Who do people reckon we should look at ?  Throw some named around.

Look to trade for Boyd ? Buddy somehow ?

No doubt some clubs would really want him. GWS would take him I reckon but not a straight swap for the #1 pick obviously :P . Probably have to throw in Yarran and some more.

Who you get depends on when you want a premiership. If you go for Boyd or someone young then you'd be looking at a flag in a good few years. If you get a ready made forward then you can challenge straight away before the likes of Judd, Scotland, Waite, Carrazzo etc get too old.

ajjewell

Eddie Betts might be an option for a trade dunno if Sydney would be overly keen though