BXV: Liverpool Rams

Started by Nige, July 19, 2013, 10:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

And finally, in 1st place, finishing on 47 votes... the winner of the 2013 Monstrum Medal... CONGRATULATIONS... DYSON HEPPELL!

Was there ever any doubt? This man's numbers have been nothing short of phenomenal. Dyson polled votes in all but 3 games and was in the best basically every week.

Nige

AAAAAAAAAAAND THAT'S A WRAP!

We look forward to seeing you all again next year.  ;)

Vinny

Go Chichago! Well done Heppell on the amazing year.

Huge thanks to Nigey for making this year's B&F possible, his effort has been super.

Bring on 2014 8)

KoopKicka

Wow the future is certainly looking up for the lobsters! Especially with the draft picks we have. Bring on 2014 as vinny said!

Toga

Nice work Nige, HeppD a very deserving winner - loving the look of the young guns this team has! :o

Nige

Just quietly, I think our midfield is actually insanely good.  8)

Nige

End of Season News: List Changes (05/09/2013)

The off-season has started and list management is in full swing at Liverpool. Trades have already been made and departures in the form of retirements and delistings have also occurred.

Starting with the trades, the following have been made:

Huddersfield Hawks give: Picks 11 and 29
Liverpool Lobsters give: Clancee Pearce and Jordan Kelly

Comment: We're looking to inject more youth into the squad but have had to wave goodbye to Clancee Pearce, a solid contributor in the club's first year as well as Jordan Kelly, a promising young defender who is yet to debut. We wish them the best in their future endeavours with the Huddersfield Hawks.

Manchester Magic gives: Aaron Black & Dylan Shiel
Liverpool Lobsters gives: Marley Williams & Shaun Grigg

Comment: Marley and Shaun were great servants of the club in 2013 with Shaun finishing 5th in the Monstrum Medal, a fantastic effort, his work ethic will certainly be missed and so will Marley's enthusiasm and consistent efforts in defense. However, with their departures come Aaron Black and Dylan Shiel. Aaron is a very talented young forward and is exactly what we needed moving forward into 2014 while Dylan joins our young, star-studded midfield that is looking to take the competition by storm next year. Welcome Aaron and Dylan!

Swansea Breakers give: Troy Chaplin
Liverpool Lobsters give: Jarrod Witts

Comment: Jarrod played a few games for us this season but was never given the No.1 ruck role due to Todd being ahead of him, then Jake Spencer came from nowhere to rival Jarrod for his spot and as a result we have decided it was in the best interest of both parties that we move on Jarrod on. We wish him the best of luck at Swansea. In return, we welcome experienced defender Troy Chaplin whose been a general of many defensive units for years. He joins the club to sure up our backline and hopefully stop oppositions from getting big scores on the board.

As a result of all of these movements, we at the Lobsters have used all five of our permitted movements for this trade period. We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 11, 19, 29, 37, 55, 73, 91.

As with any football club, we must cull players from our list, this is no easy job as each player is quite deserving of a spot, but we must do such things to move forward. Mitch Wilkins, Tim Golds, Martin Gleeson, Joe Redfern, Cam Eardley, Derrick Wanganeen and Andrew Collins have all been delisted by the club. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours. In addition to this, Graham Johncock and Brad Dick have retired from this great game, we wish them the best in life outside of football. 

End of Season News: List Changes (17/09/2013)

Liverpool Lobsters give: Pick 29 (on-traded from Huddersfield)
Bradford Badgers give: Dennis Armfield.

Comment: Pick 29 was expendable as we had a fair few picks and we wanted to increase our depth. We looked at a few options and shopped the pick we received from the Huddersfield Hawks around in return for a forward. We got our man in the form of Dennis Armfield, a player with F/M DPP status. This helps both lines in which he plays as he becomes good depth for both lines and a provisional Best XV player.

We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 11, 19, 37, 55, 73, 91.

End of Season News: List Changes (25/09/2013)

Liverpool Lobsters give: Jordan Schroder + Pick 37
Swindon Swaggers give: Simon Black + Tom Hickey

Comment: Schroder is a young Cat who hasn't played many games due to their depth and list of talent, but should get more opportunities as Geelong's older mids leave. Pick 37 is an odd on to even out the trade. While it's not going to get a superstar, it should get a decent player if used well. Black's no certainty to go around again, but I reckon he's got one more year in him and his old teammate and now coach Leppa should at least give him another year and Hickey's a good back-up ruck for Goldy (in case Spencer doesn't get played by the Dees with Gawn/Fitzy in contention) and should get better and improve his scoring even if he's stuck behind McEvoy for a little bit.

Liverpool Lobsters give: Sam Naismith and Dan Nicholson
Staines Steins give: Hayden Crozier and Luke Delaney

Comment: Tabs was interested in Naismith and I was looking to offload one of Nicholson or Wright for a forward to boost my depth. I then realised that Tabs had Delaney in the 'delistings or sweeteners' category and thought I'd ask for him in hope that he either makes it to the Saints or gets picked up by another team.

Liverpool Lobsters give: Pick 55
Bradford Badgers give: Nick Duigan

Comment: Happy to cough up our 4th rounder to get another player in to the team. Hoping Duigan can keep getting games like he did later in the year and be decent depth for our side. This is one of our additional movements.

Birmingham Bombers give: Pick 49
Liverpool Lobsters give: Alex Browne

Comment: Happy to offload one of my many defenders and a pick is fine to replace him on my list. 

We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 11, 19, 49, 73, 91.

End of Season News: List Changes (03/10/2013)

Liverpool Lobsters give: Tom Hickey (additional list movement)
Winchester Werewolves: Tom Curren

Comment: Colli wants a young ruck and I'm happy to give away Hickey since I still have Spencer, plus I want to increase my depth and Curren should be a solid addition to my midfield and looks to be a part of the Saints plans.

We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 11, 19, 49, 73, 91.

End of Season News: List Changes (19/10/2013)

Oxford Owls give: Travis Cloke + Brett Goodes + Lewis Johnston + NAT #9 + NAT #44
Liverpool  Lobsters give: Aaron Black + Dylan Shiel + Mitch Duncan + NAT #11 + Troy Chaplin

Comment: To break it down. Vin has been chasing Mitch Duncan and a defender like Chaplin for a while, while I've been doing the same for Goodes and Johnston. While we're both going young, we're both holding on to and looking for a bit of experience as well. Pick 9 for 11 is a small difference. I have a stack of defenders so losing Chaplin is fine. Black's young and should only get better while Cloke's pretty good as it is and I don't think his output will improve, but I'm happy to have him considering his potential to score quite nicely. I only use one list movement too as all that I'm giving bar Duncan are picks or players I've received this period, thus meaning they're being on-traded.

We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 9, 19, 44, 49, 73, 91.

End of Season News: List Changes (17/11/2013)

Newcastle Falcons give: Lindsay Thomas and Jackson Paine
Liverpool Lobsters give: Brent Reilly and ND Pick 49

Comment: Our forward line could use an extra starting forward and at worst would mean pushing another player to the interchange. This is good for our team who at times last season struggled to field a side. Brent Reilly is an older member of our squad and Jackson Paine injects a bit of youth and should get more games in 2014 while Pick 49 was happily on-traded.

We now have the following picks in the upcoming National Draft: 1, 9, 19, 44, 73, 91.

Nige

Vinny goes south to the Owls

The Liverpool Lobsters gathered late last night behind closed doors to listen to an announcement from Co-Coach vinny. He stated his desire to leave the Lobsters to be sole coach at a team of his own. It is understood Noz of the Oxford Owls has resigned, leaving his post unattended and open for vinny to walk straight in. We thank vinny for all his work over his time with us and wish him the worst best at Oxford.

Vinny

Sorry fellas!

It was good fun while it lasted and I am sure with the knowledge of the coaching board, the Lobsters will improve. Very solid young team that has very good potential and will cause damage in years to come.

Looking forward to taking them on in 2014 :)

Nige

Quote from: vinny on September 17, 2013, 05:59:54 PM
Sorry fellas!

It was good fun while it lasted and I am sure with the knowledge of the coaching board, the Lobsters will improve. Very solid young team that has very good potential and will cause damage in years to come.

Looking forward to taking them on in 2014 :)

Bring it, traitor.  ;) :P

Nige

2013 Trade/Delisting Breakdown

PENDING DELISTMENTS May be traded as sweeteners
DEF: Jordan Kelly, Mitchell Wilkins, Tim Golds, Graham Johncock (retired)
MID: Martin Gleeson, Joseph Redfern, Cameron Eardley, Derrick Wanganeen
RUC: N/A
FWD: Andrew Collins, Brad Dick

ON THE TRADE TABLE Looking to trade this player for a fair deal
DEF: Michael Firrito, Nathan Brown, Dylan Van Unen, Matt Dea, Alex Browne
MID: Matt Thomas, Jordan Schroder, Jacob Townsend
RUC: Sam Naismith, Jarrod Witts
FWD: Kieran Harper

DESIRED PLAYERS - Will require a decent offer to entice trade
DEF: Brent Reilly, Dan Nicholson, Sam Wright
MID: Clancee Pearce, Shaun Grigg, James Polkinghorne
RUC: Jake Spencer
FWD: Travis Varcoe, Rory Atkins

UNAVAILABLE PLAYERS - Not available for trade under any circumstances
DEF: Dyson Heppell, Bachar Houli, Scott D Thompson, Marley Williams, Josh Saunders
MID: Adam Treloar, Harley Bennell, Mitch Duncan, Nathan Hrovat, Matt Arnot
RUC: Todd Goldstein
FWD: Michael Walters, Brent Harvey, Levi Casboult

POSITIONS BEING TARGETED
Starting Forwards, Premium Mids, Young Defenders

DRAFT PICKS THAT MAY BE TRADED
3rd round, 4th round.

Nige

That's all our list movements for the two trade periods done. We're now ready to head to the draft. Very happy with how the list has been managed and I think it's been improved to avoid any problems in 2014.  8) 8)

Nige

I made and uploaded a guernsey.  8)

Nige

GoLions16 gets on board, KoopKicka demoted
and Toga returns from overseas

In a big coup for the Liverpool Lobsters, the board has recruited GoLions16, also known as Dave. Dave has joined the team to help us climb the BXVs ladder and keep be a part of the XVs experience. He was put to work straight away and was tasked by Coach Nigey with creating a slogan for the 2014 season. After a bit of thinking and deliberation, the process was concluded and Dave conjured up the following: Liverpool Lobsters - You won't sea us coming! Coach Nigey was reportedly thrilled with Dave's immediate impact and helpfulness and thus promoted him to right hand man while demoting KoopKicka due to his lack of activity and assistance in recent times. It has been reported that CEO Toga is also back from his end of season trip to the USA and the staff will soon sit down to discuss the upcoming drafts.