Nige

Round 4 Review - The Owls Soar High Above The Rams

The form of new recruit and former Owl - Travis Cloke has been a huge concern

Team with Scores:

Liverpool Rams - 1581/15 with C, sub and 20 bonus points

D: B.Houli 127, S.Thompson 115, J.Gibson 132, M.Firrito 90
M: A.Treloar 127x2=254(c), D.Heppell 172(vc), L.Dunstan 88, M.Thomas 119
R: T.Goldstein 97
F: T.Cloke 37, L.Thomas 26, T.Varcoe 77, B.Harvey 83(evc)
I: E.Templeton 43, L.Taylor 75

E: T. Curren 52(M - sub), J.Townsend 52(OOP - D), H.Crozier 65(F), D.Currie 0(R)

Result: Oxford Owls 27.18.180 defeated Liverpool Rams 23.20.158

Monstrum Medal votes:

5. Dyson Heppell (172)
4. Josh Gibson (132)
3. Bachar Houli, Adam Treloar (127)
2. Matt Thomas (119)
1. Scott Thompson (115)

Review:
Unfortunately, it was back to more familiar territory for the Liverpool Rams. The Oxford Owls were too good on the night and took home the bragging rights that were much sought after. The team had a few passengers, and the forward line didn't stand up, with Michael Walters a notable absentee through injury, and his missing influence was telling. Former Owl, Travis Cloke has been struggling and that continued as he was held goalless. And if Trav's problems weren't enough, Lindsay Thomas performed even worse and was subbed off. Tom Curren came on and had a bit of influence. The Rams defenders had a good game, but still leaked goals while the midfield lost the battle even with a pretty decent effort. Ultimately, the tale of the tape was that we caught the Owls on a good week. Dyson Heppell was the shining light in a performance that showed why he's a worthy option of team captain. The Rams host the Blackpool Bunnies this week at home and the rumours are that the selection axe may be swung on a few players.

Rusty00

Nice photo summing up Cloke's form ;) :-\

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 16, 2014, 01:27:03 PM
I would've photoshopped a potato on to his face

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 16, 2014, 01:27:03 PM
I was trying to find a good photo for Round 4's performance. It summed it up perfectly.  :P

Nige

Round 5 Review - The Bunnies Hop Over The Rams

Matt 'Biscuits' Arnot was one of the better performers in a losing effort

Team with Scores:

Liverpool Rams - 1250/15 with C, HGA, sub and 20 bonus points

D: B.Houli 87, S.Thompson 63, J.Gibson 59, M.Firrito 104
M: D.Heppell 61x2=122(c), A.Treloar 100(vc), L.Dunstan 71, M.Thomas 66
R: T.Goldstein 90
F: T.Varcoe 61, L.Taylor 53, L.Casboult 52, B.Harvey 123
I: M.Arnot 88, E.Templeton 30

E: T.Curren 61(M - sub), J.Saunders 93/2=47(OOP - D), D.Currie 43(R), T.Cloke 111(F)

Result: Blackpool Bunnies 26.18.174 defeated Liverpool Rams 19.11.125

Monstrum Medal votes:

5. Brent Harvey (123)
4. Michael Firrito (104)
3. Adam Treloar (100)
2. Todd Goldstein (90)
1. Matt Arnot (88)

Review:
It was more of the same for the Liverpool Rams this week as we went down to the Blackpool Bunnies. The team was disappointing, especially captain Dyson Heppell who was rewarded with the armband after some good form. The team's most senior member - Boomer Harvey stood up and performed the best, but his efforts weren't enough as the team had too many passengers. Perhaps the biggest news from this week was that both Travis Cloke and Lindsay Thomas replied positively to being dropped by having a good game in the reserves. Sub Tom Curren came on for a struggling Eli Templeton who may get dropped this week. Travis and Lindsay are a good chance to return, and the club's doctors will assess Nathan Brown and Tim Mohr who may be able to return from injury, while Scott Thompson will be absent for our next game after copping a one week suspension. Next week's game will see us travel to Old Trafford to face the Manchester Magic. 

LF

Ouch Nige no Treloar this week

Nige

Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2014, 03:32:08 PM
Ouch Nige no Treloar this week
Ugh, flower me.

Didn't need that. At least it's only a week... for now.

Nige

Gibson gone for 8 weeks.  ::)

If Tim Mohr or Nathan Brown could get named next week, that'd be great. Hell, even Sam Wright or Brett Goodes.  :(

Vinny

Damn that's tough man.

You'd be regretting this trade big time.

Lobsters Give: Aaron Black & Mitch Duncan & Dylan Shiel & Troy Chaplin & NAT Pick #11
Owls Give: Travis Cloke & Bret Goodes & Lewis Johnston & NAT Pick #44 & NAT Pick #9

:-\

It looked super fair at the time.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on May 15, 2014, 06:03:58 PM
Damn that's tough man.

Lobsters Give: Aaron Black & Mitch Duncan & Dylan Shiel & Troy Chaplin & NAT Pick #11
Owls Give: Travis Cloke & Bret Goodes & Lewis Johnston & NAT Pick #44 & NAT Pick #9

If you take into account that I nabbed Dunstan at #9, then it doesn't look as bad.  :P

But yeah, I didn't think Goodes would go out of favour at the Dogs. Didn't think Lewis Johnston would fail to cement a spot in the Crows team without Tex etc.

However, my forward depth has been fine... but my defensive depth has been mainly wrecked by injuries. 4 of the 7 defenders I'd be okay with starting have been injured at some point now, while others have been suspended or dropped now or then.  :(

Oh well, gotta roll with the punches.  ;)

At least I'll get a good draft pick. 8) I'm fairly sure I know who I want as well, and I'm pretty confident that I'll get at least one of them (especially since it's likely we'll finish bottom 4). 

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on May 15, 2014, 06:10:11 PM
Quote from: Vinny on May 15, 2014, 06:03:58 PM
Damn that's tough man.

If you take into account that I nabbed Dunstan at #9, then it doesn't look as bad.  :P

But yeah, I didn't think Goodes would go out of favour at the Dogs. Didn't think Lewis Johnston would fail to cement a spot in the Crows team without Tex etc.

However, my forward depth has been fine... but my defensive depth has been mainly wrecked by injuries. 4 of the 7 defenders I'd be okay with starting have been injured at some point now, while others have been suspended or dropped now or then.  :(

Oh well, gotta roll with the punches.  ;)

At least I'll get a good draft pick. 8) I'm fairly sure I know who I want as well, and I'm pretty confident that I'll get at least one of them (especially since it's likely we'll finish bottom 4).
Yeah haha Dunstan has been great. Don't know what Dunstan scored in Sportal last week but he finished on 79 SC. Would have been 95 if he didn't go down hurt or something.

Yeah it's weird hey, I haven't needed Chaplin at all. I grabbed KK with my pick who has been awesome.

Haha gotta love that you have planned for a top pick and picked your draftee. :P

Nah you guys will be gun eventually, takes time man.

Nige

Fallen well behind on reviews, I will finish them though!

Also, we're excited to announce that Blaine Johnson will debut in the reserves this week. All the best to him!