EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

If you are trading Hazard, make sure you have a plan to get him back asap!

timmyparso

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 29, 2013, 07:50:15 AM
Best Defender under 6.0? And is it worth taking -4 to go hazard - YaYa. Or just play Kim vs Everton

Coleman is good, starting at 5.0 has already risen in price to 5.3 and has a goal and an assist to his name already. However after this week Mertesacker is also a good option at 5.5 with Arsenal expected to keep a few clean sheets.

Jackross10

What are your thoughts? Get rid of both haz and terry. I am going for highest possible ranking. 222k at the moment hahah !

Collins Coleman TERRY.      Ramage Turner
HAZARD Walcott Coutinho Mirallas.     Kim
Sturridge Dzeko Soldado

Thanks !

timmyparso

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 29, 2013, 10:30:17 AM
What are your thoughts? Get rid of both haz and terry. I am going for highest possible ranking. 222k at the moment hahah !

Sturridge Dzeko Soldado

Thanks !

Terry to Whittaker/Mertesacker, bench Hazard and play either Turner and Kim, no need to take a 4 point hit

Jackross10

Quote from: timmyparso on August 29, 2013, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: Jackross10 on August 29, 2013, 10:30:17 AM

Sturridge Dzeko Soldado

Thanks !

Terry to Whittaker/Mertesacker, bench Hazard and play either Turner and Kim, no need to take a 4 point hit

I got Mert

KoopKicka

Ive had to take a 4 point hit to get 11 on the park.

Rat - Reid
Hazard - Silva

makes it

Mignolet (Boruc)
Coleman - Reid - Shaw (Ivanovic - Kolo Toure)
Silva - Nolan - Mirallas - Coutinho - Koren
Soldado - Lambert (Benteke)

Currently 1,069 hopefully I wont drop below 10k so I can use my wildcard and shoot back up.

Jackross10

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 29, 2013, 12:45:50 PM
Ive had to take a 4 point hit to get 11 on the park.

Rat - Reid
Hazard - Silva

makes it

Mignolet (Boruc)
Coleman - Reid - Shaw (Ivanovic - Kolo Toure)
Silva - Nolan - Mirallas - Coutinho - Koren
Soldado - Lambert (Benteke)

Currently 1,069 hopefully I wont drop below 10k so I can use my wildcard and shoot back up.

Congrats on the ranking ! If I am like 220k, do I have any chance at all catching you? Haha. Really like your team. Trades sound good. Myself I think I might also double trade. Terry - Mertesacker and Hazard - Silva or YAYA.
Well done

chrisuzz

Krul
Baker Sagna Jagielka (Ivanovic Toure)
Silva Hazard De Guzman Jedinak Nolan
Soldado Sturridge (Deulofeu)

So in this gameweek ive already gone Bale to Silva and Steklenburg to Krul

is it worth going
Baker to Coleman which will give me two everton defenders
and Deulofeu to Frazier Campbell or someone better?
This would leave me with $208,000

I also feel that De Guzman needs to be changed

this will leave me facing a -6 points though or should i use my only wildcard?

this is for foxsports btw as thats what all my friends play

Jackross10

KoopKicka when are you using your wildcard ?  ::)

KoopKicka

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 29, 2013, 07:01:44 PM
KoopKicka when are you using your wildcard ?  ::)

Next week after the International games so I know injuries etc. Then Im restocking, reloading and going again.

Quoteauthor=chrisuzz link=topic=84500.msg1195000#msg1195000 date=1377765367]
Krul
Baker Sagna Jagielka (Ivanovic Toure)
Silva Hazard De Guzman Jedinak Nolan
Soldado Sturridge (Deulofeu)

So in this gameweek ive already gone Bale to Silva and Steklenburg to Krul

is it worth going
Baker to Coleman which will give me two everton defenders
and Deulofeu to Frazier Campbell or someone better?
This would leave me with $208,000

I also feel that De Guzman needs to be changed

this will leave me facing a -6 points though or should i use my only wildcard?

this is for foxsports btw as thats what all my friends play

Campbell is an impulse buy, Cornelius is nearing full fintess and should take points off him and then some. Two everton defenders is also overloaded.

Id use the wildcard after the Internationals, best time to do it is either GW2 or between 3 and 4. Im taking the latter option.

As to whether you can catch me, the beauty of EPL is that things can change rapidly from week to week. Id say anyone is still in with a realistic shot definitely. But by the cup time (Gw18) you really want to be in the top 25k or so.

Jackross10

When are the international matches ?

chrisuzz

Im currently facing a 0 with Toure and Ivanovic out as im not sure whether Baker will play

KoopKicka

Quote from: chrisuzz on August 29, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
Im currently facing a 0 with Toure and Ivanovic out as im not sure whether Baker will play

Thats an interesting one, youre banking that your player will outscore the penalty. Are you confiedent of that?

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 29, 2013, 07:28:30 PM
When are the international matches ?

Theres no EPL next weekend its International matches :)

Jackross10

DZEKO captain this week? Thoughts?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Hey guys,

Apologies for not being around the last week or so...

Chasing some tail and Fantasy Sports don't mix!  ;)

Anyway, something I've learnt this year, and will now plan in for next year is DO NOT use your WC Round 1... there you go! lol

I saw up the chain that Koop is using it after Round 3. This is starting to look like the go. That said I have a nice healthy team value and am making profit all over the place, so I will continue down the strategy path that I planned for this year. ( I like to pick a strategy at the beginning of the year, and see it though to the end - That way I know exactly where and when, why and how it goes wrong, then apply those learnings the next year) I will be taking point hits (You don't really want to know, it will make you sick) BUT, I am basically starting a strategy process from the start of the year this year as opposed to last year when I started it around Round 11 last year.

So I am hopefull that my team will be what I want by Round 10 this year, leaving me 28 gameweeks to smash it home. Thats the plan anyway. To give you my example from last year, I started trading heavily from Round 11 until I had the balanced team I wanted by Round 18. In Round 18 I was ranked about 950,000. Between Rounds 18-38 I averaged 70 points per week, and rose to 125,000. So my theory is start the process earlier and smash it home for longer :)

Its not for the faint hearted though!

How am I faring so far...

Gamweek 1. 93 Points - Week Rank 70,570  8)
Gamewek 2. 39 Points - Week Rank 1,988,090  ::) - Overall Rank 238,109

My Team value is now 101.8, and looks like it will be close to 102.5 by the end of this week. :)

I am planning quite a number of trades this week to keep building my bank balance, but honestly, it will make you sick to your stomach when you see who and what trades I'm doing lol