2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Read they can absorb his contract?  ???

Holz

Quote from: gossiboy on June 22, 2013, 06:59:56 PM
Granger won't go to the Cavs.

Iggy about a 95% chance to stay put in Denver.

Reports suggesting that Denver have been holding talks with Vinny Del Negro about becoming their head coach.  Terrible off-season if they lose the best GM in the league then replace Karl with VDN.

Also Denver supposedly interested in Bosh.

A few predictions for the off-season:

1. Kings give up and trade DMC, offer Monta Ellis ridiculous amounts of money just because they're such a broken organisation.

2. Knicks trade Tyson Chandler

3. If Doc leaves then the C's sign Lionel Hollins.

what woud denver give for bosh though?

Jay

If Doc aint coaching Boston he wont be coaching anywhere.

Im getting the vibe that he will return to broadcasting.

Jay

Hearing that ODEN AND BILLUPS will take their talents to South Beach. They get a proper experienced PG + a big presence inside with loads of potential.

Lif aint worth livin anymore.

#flowerthatshower #nobodygottimeforthat

gossiboy

Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 07:27:33 PM
Quote from: gossiboy on June 22, 2013, 06:59:56 PM
Granger won't go to the Cavs.

Iggy about a 95% chance to stay put in Denver.

Reports suggesting that Denver have been holding talks with Vinny Del Negro about becoming their head coach.  Terrible off-season if they lose the best GM in the league then replace Karl with VDN.

Also Denver supposedly interested in Bosh.

A few predictions for the off-season:

1. Kings give up and trade DMC, offer Monta Ellis ridiculous amounts of money just because they're such a broken organisation.

2. Knicks trade Tyson Chandler

3. If Doc leaves then the C's sign Lionel Hollins.

what woud denver give for bosh though?

Something along the lines of Koufos + Gallo + future picks

gossiboy

Quote from: Windigo on June 22, 2013, 07:18:49 PM
Read they can absorb his contract?  ???

Any team after Granger would be a team on the verge of a championship. Could see the Spurs going after him once Manu retires/ doesn't get a new contract

gossiboy

Quote from: Jayman on June 22, 2013, 07:39:32 PM
Hearing that ODEN AND BILLUPS will take their talents to South Beach. They get a proper experienced PG + a big presence inside with loads of potential.

Lif aint worth livin anymore.

#flowerthatshower #nobodygottimeforthat

Cleveland + Miami were the two teams heavily into Oden mid-season with Cleveland looking more liley because they could offer more money. Wouldn't have a need for him now though with Varejao + Len/Noel

Holz

Gallinari Oden Billups Koufus and land a free agent big man (not all star) for Bosh seems good to me.

gossiboy

Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 09:09:47 PM
Gallinari Oden Billups Koufus and land a free agent big man (not all star) for Bosh seems good to me.

Dalembert most likely. Would take league minimum for a championship.

gossiboy

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 22, 2013, 06:58:19 PM
Anything happening up at Golden State? I see potential for a Conference playoff!

Depends really. Jarrett Jack's gone, Brandon Rush and Carl Landry both have player options. Rush will most likely opt-in and Landry could leave and get more money elsewhere.

If Jack, Landry and Rush all leave it gives them $13.4M of cap room; could sign an OJ Mayo to replace Jack as 6th man for about $24M over 3 years. All depends on whether owner is willing to go into the luxury tax though

RiOtChEsS

Not overly keen on the Bosh/Denver deal, those pieces arent improving the team in the right areas...

He is getting paid way too much for the way he is regressing, hard to see how it happens in a two team deal, need 3 teams atleast

My Chumps

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in or not but anyway. Stole this from FB.

Reporters asking Tim Duncan if he is going to retire. Here is the response.
Tim Duncan - "I have a contract that says I am [coming back]"
Tony Parker - "Can't believe you're asking that question. It's been five, six years you're saying we're too old. I'm not going to answer that."

This is great to hear and a great attitude, our youth will be more experienced and next year will go deep again no doubt.

We've had 14 consecutive 50+ win seasons. Next year will be their 15th. This team will go down as one of the greatest teams ever and Pop one of the best coaches ever. We aren't done yet.

RiOtChEsS

Good to hear, hate seeing legends hang up the boots, its inevitable but this year was his best of the last 3 seasons imo...

My Chumps

Yeah for sure!

In other news, anyone else wanna see Paul, Hardon, Parsons and Howard all at Houston? 3 of my favourites at one team  :-*

RiOtChEsS

Just pulled this off insider

"The Houston Rockets are thought to be the front runners for Dwight Howard should he leave the Los Angeles Lakers via free agency due to their talented young core and no state taxes. One of the core, Chandler Parsons, is actively recruiting Howard."

Definitely, i think it could work well on paper, just depends what DH12 shows up as to how good they would be...