Is Hardwick really the coach who will lead Richmond to a premiership?

Started by TheAnt, May 26, 2013, 10:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 24, 2015, 11:43:57 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on April 24, 2015, 11:37:15 PM
Why is the coach the first person to get questioned?
We lost the game because we butchered the ball going inside 50 and missed easy shots early on.
When the rain came we fumbled and they were clean. Nothing the coach can do about that.
Listening to his press conference, he was just as disgusted as we all are

I don't mean to be harsh but it doesn't seem like the Tigers are getting anywhere

Two losses already to bottom 6 sides from last year, can you really expect to play finals this year?

I don't know if sacking the coach is the answer, but you have to question whether he is making all the right decisions to lead Richmond to a grand final

Keep in mind we were 3-10 last year.
2-2 isn't a disaster and considering it was only poor kicking for goal that kept Melbourne in the game early It could have been a different story. Deledio, Conca, Chappy, Knights, Petterd, Newman on the injury list are probably all best 22 apart from maybe Petterd.
Not making excuses but the coaching had no impact on tonight's performance. We blew just blew easy shots on goal and fumbled when the rain came. Melbourne were harder and cleaner

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on April 24, 2015, 11:51:00 PM
2-2 isn't a disaster
You can't deny that before the season started we would have penciled all four of the first games in as wins, I know I did.

If we're really supposed to be taking that next step of not just scraping into finals and being booted in elim finals, as the commentators also said (even lord Richo said it), these are the games that we're supposed to win and win comfortably.

I'm happy with Dimma's presser though. He was genuinely pissed off and not just spewing the same shower as normal. A few guys definitely won't be keeping their spots.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on April 25, 2015, 10:19:40 AM
2-2 isn't a disaster
You can't deny that before the season started we would have penciled all four of the first games in as wins, I know I did.

If we're really supposed to be taking that next step of not just scraping into finals and being booted in elim finals, as the commentators also said (even lord Richo said it), these are the games that we're supposed to win and win comfortably.

I'm happy with Dimma's presser though. He was genuinely pissed off and not just spewing the same shower as normal. A few guys definitely won't be keeping their spots.

How long have been a Richmond supporter Nige? Never pencil ANYTHING in haha.
Could be worse. We could barrack for Carlton  ;D

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on April 25, 2015, 11:45:02 AM
Quote from: Nige on April 25, 2015, 10:19:40 AM
2-2 isn't a disaster

How long have been a Richmond supporter Nige? Never pencil ANYTHING in haha.
Could be worse. We could barrack for Carlton  ;D
I was being optimistic.  :P

Torpedo10

Toga

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 24, 2015, 11:43:57 PM
Two losses already to bottom 6 sides from last year, can you really expect to play finals this year?

Lost to both of those teams last year as well might I add.

But yeah something needs to change, the club is still stuck at that middle-of-the-table level.

quinny88

Watching the dogs dismantle Adelaide is making our loss to them not seem so bad.
They are a good side

Mat0369

Donnie Brasco

frenzy

Nige