Is Hardwick really the coach who will lead Richmond to a premiership?

Started by TheAnt, May 26, 2013, 10:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Capper

Dimma is doing his best and is the best person for the job. needs to put his foot up a couple of players to get them going again

quinny88

Yeah still very confident in Dimma. He's worked us up the ladder every year previous to this year so I think he's allowed one bad year without just getting tossed aside.
In a funny way, a horrible season like this can be exactly what the club needs.
Geelong went from a semi final in 05 to not making the 8 the next year which was the launch pad for their dynasty.
Hawthorn failed to make the 8 in 09' after winning the flag in 08' and have since played finals every year including 2 GF's and another flag. The common theme between the 2 most consistent, succesful clubs in recent times is that neither club got rid of their coach after one bad year of an otherwise great rebuild.

Keep the faith. Richmond spent more time and money and had a more extensive study and interview process in this coaching appointment than has ever been done before at any club. Everything they have done on and off the field has gone perfectly since Dimma has been here. This is a minor set back in the whole plan and how well its all gone so far.
If were in this same position this time next year.. Start panicking

Kellogscrunchynut

The way I see it we should stick with Hardwick for now, if we don't it will be another 5 years until we are a chance of finals let alone a premiership.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on June 03, 2014, 11:14:15 AM
The way I see it we should stick with Hardwick for now, if we don't it will be another 5 years until we are a chance of finals let alone a premiership.
Exactly what I've been saying to everybody on the forum and in person who have talked about Hardwick being sacked.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on June 03, 2014, 11:24:13 AM
Exactly what I've been saying to everybody on the forum and in person who have talked about Hardwick being sacked.

Don't think that would be the case. The list is in a million times better shape than when he took over so I think most half decent coaches could get us back to finals next year but I think dimma will too. It's been a bad half a year for him and the players but no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Just gotta get the most out of this year and use it as a learning curve

shaker

Quote from: NigeyS on June 03, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

We had a bit of a chat about him on matchday with different thoughts he needs to harden up his coaching style where the sort of crap that happened last week is not tolerated and the players are crossed off the list for next year , we have no hope of getting much further with the cattle we have an injection of youth seems the only path left , if he is going to be around long enough to see the Tiges real top 4 material it is a fair way off and don't know if he is going to be there that long

TigerImp

Quote from: TheAnt on May 26, 2013, 10:20:08 PM
Now, before I start, i'm not calling for Hardwicks head just yet.
The work he's done to lift us from the laughing stock of the competition to a competitive outfit has been incredible, it just seems as though we're stagnating and stagnating quickly. Hardwick was outcoached completely and the tactics never looked like working..The players yesterday were older then Essendon, there's no more excuses about development. Dimma seems reluctant to play the youth and seems content with these mature age recruits who lets face it aren't taking us to the next level. Fringe players like Matt White and Nahas shouldn't be getting a game anymore.

The recruiting, while good also seems to be drafting the same players, tough, hard, but relatively slow.. When Deledio has gotten shut down we've lost the game pretty much, the lack of speed through the middle is concerning, as well as no outside support, and when that happens, Dimma has no plan B. I would love to see us rookie list Dayle Garlett and draft Dwayne Wilson, because we lack any x-factor whatsoever. I believe Hardwick can still get better, but this list promises so much..and yet it feels like its just stopped, no improvement. Would love to hear everyones thoughts.
You ere ahead of the pack Ant.I Could see all those cracks opening up.the club didnt address them in the off season

Nige

Mat0369

Nige

SydneyRox

Nige

quinny88

Why is the coach the first person to get questioned?
We lost the game because we butchered the ball going inside 50 and missed easy shots early on.
When the rain came we fumbled and they were clean. Nothing the coach can do about that.
Listening to his press conference, he was just as disgusted as we all are

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on April 24, 2015, 11:37:15 PM
Why is the coach the first person to get questioned?
We lost the game because we butchered the ball going inside 50 and missed easy shots early on.
When the rain came we fumbled and they were clean. Nothing the coach can do about that.
Listening to his press conference, he was just as disgusted as we all are

I don't mean to be harsh but it doesn't seem like the Tigers are getting anywhere

Two losses already to bottom 6 sides from last year, can you really expect to play finals this year?

I don't know if sacking the coach is the answer, but you have to question whether he is making all the right decisions to lead Richmond to a grand final