WXV: Beijing Thunder

Started by Toga, May 26, 2013, 07:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

tbagrocks

You're welcome!

Those players you have! Was a very, very hard decision for me to let them go but ....

Am loyal to the JayBag, so I hope you are happy with the players I got you!

BTW, what for Kennedy?

Waiting for the edit part ....

Oh yeah, you are our rivals, like it or not!

Toga

Tom Rock for Kennedy is a done deal. :P

Toga

Ok so there we go, that should sum up most of the season (including the first 7 or so rounds before Q and I took over).

Excuse my lack of punctuation, that was the only way I could get it to work. >:(

Master Q

Harry Taylor Sparks Brawl At Thunder Training

News has just come in that Beijing Thunder defender, Harry Taylor, started a club wide brawl at training on Thursday. Taylor apparently told Co-Coach Master Q that the team's performance this year was all his fault, stating that he would be "on his way to a club with potential". Fellow defender, Darren Glass came in to separate the two men, who were standing toe to toe with each other. But this is where things got a little bit crazy.

Harry Taylor then king hit Co-Coach Master Q, which sparked a huge melee between players and staff. There are also strong rumours that Kane Mitchell was kicked in the groin while defending Taylor from fellow team mates, but it is unsure who did such a thing. Kane Mitchell tweeted on Thursday:

QuoteKane Mitchell @DarkKnightWithLongHair 20 Jun
Balls feeling all good. Thanks for the support - up the Thunder!

At a press conference earlier today, when asked about Harry Taylor's future at the club, Co-Coach Master Q said:

"We've received offers... some good ones too. We will consider all our options and take it from there."

Various sources are suggesting that a deal is in the works with the PNL Reindeers, which Co-Coach Toga confirmed at the airport earlier this week - "They have some very nice players, some guys that would be a huge help to our team"

There is a photo spreading over the internet of Master Q, Toga and Chad Wingard having lunch at a local McDonalds restaurant, which adds to these strong rumours of a multi-player deal in the works between these two clubs. Master Q is seen to be eating Chicken McNuggets, but we are unable to depict what the other two men ordered. More to come.

Justin Bieber

I'm sure Wingard won't be impressed if you are meeting up with him at a Macca's ;D. He has the very best of French Cuisine at PNL ;).

My Chumps

Screw PNL, we want Taylor :P

Toga

2013/14 Trade News

Trade #1: with Cairo Sands - APPROVED
OUT: Sam Kerridge + Pick #24 (ND)
IN: Danny Stanley + Matt Jones + Lewis Stevenson + Pick #88 (ND)
Change in cap: 19,565 --> 21,749 (2,251 below cap).

Welcome Danny, Matt & Lewis!

Trade #2: with Berlin Brewers - APPROVED
OUT: Pick #77 (ND)
IN: Alipate Carlile
Change in cap: 22,761 (1,239 below cap).

Welcome Alipate!

Trade #3: with Wellington Warriors - DECLINED
OUT: Harry Taylor + Matthew Spangher + Pick #41 ND
IN: Pick #1 ND + Mitch Golby + Jake Neade + Adam Schneider
Change in cap: 22,908 (1,092 below cap).

Toga

THE OFF-SEASON SO FAR

Trades completed: 3

We have traded out: Sam Kerridge + Pick #21 (ID) + Pick #59 (ID) + Pick #77 (ID)

We have traded in: Danny Stanley + Matt Jones + Lewis Stevenson + Alipate Carlile + John Butcher + Jared Petrenko Pick #88 (ID)

The following players have retired: Daniel Kerr, Brent Guerra, Dean Brogan

The following players have been delisted: Hal Hunter, Patrick Veszpremi, Aaron Cornelius, Ben Speight

This leaves us with the following projected XV for the 2014 season:
DEF: Harry Taylor / Danny Stanley / Cale Hooker / Michael Talia
MID: Oliver Wines / Josh Caddy / Matt Jones / Liam Shiels
RUC: Matthew Kreuzer
FWD: Sam Mayes / Eddie Betts / Scott Gumbleton / Travis Varcoe
UTL: Brodie Grundy / Lachie Neale

EMG: Elliot Yeo (DEF) / Matt Rosa (MID) / Ben Kennedy (FWD)

In the upcoming National Draft, we have picks: #2, #20, #41
In the upcoming Rookie Draft, we have picks: #2, #20, #41, #59, #77

What do you think of our off-season changes so far?

Toga

Drafting News

2013 WXV International Draft results:

#2 Overall: James Aish
With our first pick in the 2013 International Draft we are pleased to announce that the highly talented James Aish will be joining the Thunder.

#20 Overall: Rory Lobb
With our second pick in the 2013 International Draft we welcome the highly athletic ruck man Rory Lobb to the team.

#41 Overall: Mitch Harvey
Man child Mitchell Harvey comes into the team with Pick #41, our third overall! Ready-made for senior opportunities, Harvey will be a dominant power forward in the near future.

Master Q

Oliver Wines, James Aish, Josh Caddy, Lachie Neale and Kane Mitchell.

Talk about star studded midfield  8)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Master Q on December 08, 2013, 11:08:39 PM

Some potential, but no stars just yet... ;)

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2013, 11:11:06 PM

Some potential, but no stars just yet... ;)
Eh fair enough. Give them a NAB cup game or two :P

Toga

Add Sam Gray, Liam Shiels, Timmy Broomhead and Tom Temay to that, we've got some talent heading into the future! 8)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Toga on December 08, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Add Sam Gray, Liam Shiels, Timmy Broomhead and Tom Temay to that, we've got some talent heading into the future! 8)
Well now you're just getting desperate! This is what you call a star studded midfield...

Rory Sloane, Chris Masten, Hamish Hartlett, Stephen Hill, David Zaharakis, Kyle Martin, Taylor Adams, Mitch Wallis, Jared Polec, Jonathan O'Rourke, Nathan Freeman all 24 or under.