Main Menu

Daw racially slurred

Started by LF, May 13, 2013, 02:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-12/daw-allegedly-subject-of-racist-abuse

TWO MEN were ejected from Etihad Stadium on Saturday after allegedly hurling racist abuse towards North Melbourne's Sudanese-born player Majak Daw.
The men, who were sitting on level one behind the goal posts, were believed to be supporters of North's opponents, the Western Bulldogs.

Really disgraceful the 2 dickheads should be banned from attending games.

tbagrocks

Yeah not good, I want to call him black Majak but it's not the 90's anymore :'(

Toga

Pretty poor stuff... Also a big article on AdelaideNow I think it was about some Port feral yelling shower at Chris Knights as he was stretchered off the field...

Some people.. ::)

Ziplock

Grazz

Should name and shame them on the AFL site, poor form wake up idiots. >:(

Ziplock

naming and shaming would be a bad move. It could lead to retaliation, and subsequently some form of race war/ riot.

ban them from football.

I dont believe in life long bans.... but I think 10 years would teach them a lesson.

roo boys!

This is the 3rd/4th probably even more time Majak's copped this in his already short career. Don't think it troubles him which is the main thing but what would I know how he's feeling. Needs to be stamped out.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 13, 2013, 07:12:56 PM
naming and shaming would be a bad move. It could lead to retaliation, and subsequently some form of race war/ riot.

ban them from football.

I dont believe in life long bans.... but I think 10 years would teach them a lesson.

Probably right Zip, id be happy with your suggestion aswell.

Scrads

Pretty sure I witnessed this. It was two guys at the back of the bay, 1st floor slightly to the right of the Kangas cheer squad. I don't think it was a slur as such but they were singing the Lion King song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLx_JtcQVI) every time he went near the ball. One was actually a North fan. They got booted right as the 3rd quarter was starting but we thought it was because a 50-60 year old lady kept asking them to stop swearing (they kept yelling things like 'GO MULLET YOU flowerING LEGEND').