Quick question about the big C

Started by Andrew3737, April 21, 2013, 10:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Hi there. Just a quick question about strategically putting the captain on someone. (My objective is League btw, so this is directed at that)

I currently have 3/4 big captain potential in Pendles, Swan, Ablett and Stanton. Not many teams have these 4 exact players. So was wondering if putting the C on the "unique" player in my team( if he has good record, vs piss poor team etc) to try gain an advtange or is it better just to play the safe way and slap it on Swan.

Like this week, my opononent does not have Ablett but has Swan and Pendles. Ablett is playing GWS and Swan is playing obviously on Anzac day ( which he loves obv). Is it worth the risk to slap the C on Ablett over Swanny?

Scrads

This may sound ridiculously obvious but...

I think the best strategy is to stick the captaincy on who you think will score the highest.

PowerBug

Scrads is right i'd say.

For this week though, if you have someone who's not playing, throwing the VC on Swan for the loophole might be an idea. But Swan will carve up on ANZAC day so give him the C.

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on April 21, 2013, 11:10:01 PM
Scrads is right i'd say.

For this week though, if you have someone who's not playing, throwing the VC on Swan for the loophole might be an idea. But Swan will carve up on ANZAC day so give him the C.

I am using the VC loophole for him, more as a safety net in case Swan gets injured (touch wood).

Andrew

I would love to use the VC loophole this week but I don't have any players not playing.