EXV: 2013 Fixtures and Results

Started by Holz, April 12, 2013, 12:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Bashers still to face the might of the young Greek brigade.

Pencil in another loss Ele.  ;)

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on May 14, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 14, 2013, 12:59:01 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 14, 2013, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 14, 2013, 12:45:24 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 14, 2013, 10:03:10 AM
Belgian Pretenders middle of the pack i see.

We are a train that his just taking off, wait for us to get to full steam ahead come finals and pray that you're not in our way.

scary thing is the eagles are just humming along nicely but have lots of room for improvment. Boyd is scoring un boyd like, and guys like gibbs boomer have missed a few games. We can improve from here.

I am very scared.

you shouldnt be scared, you have already played me and you will be long gone before you even have a shot of facing the mighty eagles.

Nost is who im worried about.

Talking yourself into a false sense of security? Its cute that you feel we're such a threat dude.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 14, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
#willbashersmakethe8
#nofarknobashers

#whereisheat
#Ineedtotrackhimdown

Quote from: Spinking on May 14, 2013, 01:27:47 PM
Bashers still to face the might of the young Greek brigade.

Pencil in another loss Ele.  ;)

Defintely mate, guess we are 3-5 atm and then ;)

Spinking

Again, this is not spot on - Holz can figure out %s etc when he finishes up Exams.

1. Serbian Eagles               6-6-0-0 (Played-Win-Draw-Loss)
2. Russian Roulettes           6-6-0-0
3. Swedish Metal                 6-5-0-1
4. Macedonian Wolves        6-4-0-2
5. Iceland Polar Bears         6-3-1-2
6. English Lions                   6-2-2-2
7. Greek Titans                    6-3-0-3
8. Belgian Bashers              6-2-0-4
9. Vatican Valkyries             6-1-2-3
10. Belarus Bison                 6-2-0-4
11. Scotland Savage Sons   6-2-0-4
12. Norwegian Trolls             6-1-0-5
13. Spanish Stallions            6-1-0-5
14. Dutch Dinos                    6-0-1-5

Ziplock

are we doing % for scored for/ against, total points, or % based on competition average for the round?

did we decide on this?

once again, I advocate for one of the last 2 :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 19, 2013, 10:26:43 PM
are we doing % for scored for/ against, total points, or % based on competition average for the round?

did we decide on this?

Percentages want too keep it like that.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2013, 10:27:28 PM

did we decide on this?

we can't even do it on % based on the comps average scores? :(

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on May 19, 2013, 10:27:28 PM

did we decide on this?

l agree.....percentages based on points for and against is more inline with the real thing

Ziplock

It's a different game, you need to make modifications (like for instance our rookie draft, where skipping nat picks does not give you an equivalent rookie pick).

Unlike AFL your team has no direct influence on the scoring of your opposition. % based on competition total points/ competition average would be better- you maintain the % system, but it's an equal playing field... I don't understand for instance, why lets say 2 teams who finish equal 8th, could have a stronger team missing out on finals because, hypothetically, the dinos scored 1600 against them on a freak day, but only scored 900 against the other team.

Ossies argument against that was 'why dont we just disband the entire HA season then'... which technically, would be the best way of judging teams strengths and who has the best team... obviously. The point of the HA system is the actual head to head competition makes it more interesting and exciting- it's like dt, you dont get pumped because you outscored rank 298th this week, you get pumped because you beat your showerhouse friends team which is ranked 160k :P

But, for finals, where the draw can be decided by %, someone getting in and getting out can be decided by %, and draft picks can be decided by %, I don't think all those should be determined by how many points your opponents have managed to score against you considering that you physically cant prevent their scoring.

JBs-Hawks

Holz

nostradamus

Justin Bieber

I see where you're coming from Zippy, try to keep it more even and try for strong teams not to lose out on finals due to unlucky fixtures/weeks. In World's I've faced that problem as always come up against high scorers or have a bad round against lower scorers ::).

Think they want to keep it realistic with the For/Against %. Any team can win on their day so guess that's how it plays here as well. We can't control scoring of opponents but some teams can still stand up on the day (e.g. GWS against Bombers), so it happens :P. Although hopefully a big scorer isn't unlucky enough to miss out on finals due to too many of these high scoring opponents!

Ziplock

my other concern is draft picks- where theoretically a significantly stronger team could receive a higher draft pick than a weaker team, purely because they had more points against them.

I know people will say stuff like we shouldn't deal in hypotheticals... but you really need to (aka, 2010 GF... afl didn't have a system in place in event of a draw, and that was kind of a flower up).

I can understand the desire to maintain a %... but I think the 'against' should be a constant, to equalise this area of the playing field... whether the constant be an arbitary number, an average for the round/ year, or using a team as a barometer.

elephants

Yes, that draft picks thing is a killer point.

Like its criminal that we got pick 3 last year when we were actually the best team in the comp!

Seriously though, I'm sold Zip.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 21, 2013, 10:14:33 PM
Yes, that draft picks thing is a killer point.

Like its criminal that holz got pick 1 last year when he was actually the best team in the comp!

Seriously though, I'm sold Zip.

Fixed.

Zip is putting it to vote now.