Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 07, 2018, 05:09:33 PM
Quote from: BB67th on September 06, 2018, 10:17:17 PM
Pretty happy with the list changes, none of those players really looked like contributing much into the future.

Good sign that they were more experienced players than your typical round of de-listings as well. Shows that the youth we are getting through is doing a quality job.
I was thinking that as well. Good sign for the Lions future, that they don't need to hang onto those mid-range players anymore who probably haven't got much/any improvement left in them.
We tried to fill a gap left by players leaving but this did not work with these fringe players. So now that we have talent coming through looking to target top notch players in the 24 - 28 players if available and want to come to Brisbane. Still think we need a key forward as Hipwood continues to develop and Woller and Ballandeen also develop.

GoLions

Quote from: BB67th on September 06, 2018, 10:17:17 PM
Pretty happy with the list changes, none of those players really looked like contributing much into the future.

Good sign that they were more experienced players than your typical round of de-listings as well. Shows that the youth we are getting through is doing a quality job.
Yeah at first i was a bit disappointed that Barrett and Claye were delisted, but as you said, a good sign of how our list looks now in comparison to say 5 years ago

SilverLion

Thought Barrett was a bit stiff imo.

Ringo

After Adams has made clear he also wants to come to Brisbane how do we fit him in this trade period given it is obvious that Pick 4 will not get Neale done who should be the priority.
Pick 22 is probably overs and pick 40 unders so maybe a player who may want to return to Melbourne. Also could be picks we pick up for trading Mayes and possibly Keays.

If we get Neale, Adams and Cameron returning who goes out of the 22.
Neale for Lester.
Adams for Walker - (Would move Walker forward as second tall to support Hippy as I believe he is the better mark and kick than McStay pr McInerney).
Cameron maybe for Starcevich or Beastmode. Even Bundy who was a little disappointing this year.

Putting together a best 22 after trade and drafts will not be easy and good position for club to be in with competition for spots.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2018, 10:07:01 AM
After Adams has made clear he also wants to come to Brisbane how do we fit him in this trade period given it is obvious that Pick 4 will not get Neale done who should be the priority.
Pick 22 is probably overs and pick 40 unders so maybe a player who may want to return to Melbourne. Also could be picks we pick up for trading Mayes and possibly Keays.

Neale for Lester.
Adams for Walker - (Would move Walker forward as second tall to support Hippy as I believe he is the better mark and kick than McStay pr McInerney).
Cameron maybe for Starcevich or Beastmode. Even Bundy who was a little disappointing this year.

Putting together a best 22 after trade and drafts will not be easy and good position for club to be in with competition for spots.

Ignoring compo picks in the draft order:

Pick 4 + Future 2nd <--> Neale
40 + 60 <--> McCarthy + 54 + 57 OR 40 <--> McCarthy + 47
Mayes + 54 <--> 45 + 46 (Port)
Adams + 42 <--> 22

Leaves us with the following picks:
42, 45, 46, 47, 60 OR 42, 45, 46, 54, 57

Which either way should be enough points for Macfayden and possibly Coleman.

Just my hypothetical though ;D

McStay would probably go forward at a guess, Walker was too good down back in the second half of the year to move him.

Possible best 22 (If above trades or similar get done):

FB: Hodge, Adams, Gardiner
HB: Witherden, Andrews, Rich
C: Cutler, Beams, Zorko
HF: Cameron, Hipwood, Taylor
FF: McCarthy, McStay, Rayner
FOLL: Martin, Neale, Robinson
Int: McCluggage, Berry, Walker, Christensen

Fringe: Bailey, Mathieson, Allison, Lester, Bastinac, Robertson etc.

In: Adams, Neale, McCarthy
Out: Robertson, Lester, McInerney

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on October 08, 2018, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2018, 10:07:01 AM

Neale for Lester.

Ignoring compo picks in the draft order:

Pick 4 + Future 2nd <--> Neale
40 + 60 <--> McCarthy + 54 + 57 OR 40 <--> McCarthy + 47
Mayes + 54 <--> 45 + 46 (Port)
Adams + 42 <--> 22

Leaves us with the following picks:
42, 45, 46, 47, 60 OR 42, 45, 46, 54, 57

Which either way should be enough points for Macfayden and possibly Coleman.

Just my hypothetical though ;D

McStay would probably go forward at a guess, Walker was too good down back in the second half of the year to move him.

Possible best 22 (If above trades or similar get done):

FB: Hodge, Adams, Gardiner
HB: Witherden, Andrews, Rich
C: Cutler, Beams, Zorko
HF: Cameron, Hipwood, Taylor
FF: McCarthy, McStay, Rayner
FOLL: Martin, Neale, Robinson
Int: McCluggage, Berry, Walker, Christensen

Fringe: Bailey, Mathieson, Allison, Lester, Bastinac, Robertson etc.

In: Adams, Neale, McCarthy
Out: Robertson, Lester, McInerney
Really depends where McFayden falls.  If he falls before 22 we may not have enough so hoping after 22 so we can get Coleman as well. I really rate Coleman after seeing a couple of NEAFL games impressed more than McFayden.

GoLions

McCarthy officially a Lion now

Ringo

SL on the money
40 + 60 <--> McCarthy + 54 + 57
Given the speed this one done was probably prearranged.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2018, 12:24:35 PM
SL on the money
Yeah those pick swaps were leaked a few days ago

Ringo

Now ill these be acceptable

Picks 22 and 57 for Adams and 4 and 54 for Neale

SilverLion

Quote from: GoLions on October 08, 2018, 12:26:40 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2018, 12:24:35 PM
SL on the money
Yeah those pick swaps were leaked a few days ago
;D

Heard it'd be that or the other one so posted both to be sure ;)

And the compo picks threw me out - was 42 not 40 :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

I wouldn't be throwing that up if I was Brissie :-X

SilverLion

Potentially, but would almost be certain we'd be using future picks as I'm sure we're keen to keep points for our academy kids.

shaker

Quote from: SilverLion on October 08, 2018, 12:36:07 PM

Potentially, but would almost be certain we'd be using future picks as I'm sure we're keen to keep points for our academy kids.
Ha ha you must know Freo ain't gonna except that for Neale ;D

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2018, 12:43:47 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on October 08, 2018, 12:36:07 PM

Ha ha you must know Freo ain't gonna except that for Neale ;D
It'll be 4 and future 2nd unless we're getting extra pick for this years 2nd