Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Agree AK - Thought Rayner had the better game of the 2 as well  from being at the ground. The Clug though was clearly best on ground for me.

GoLions

Beams stepping down as captain :(

nrich102

Sounds like he’s really struggling at the moment. Hope the club is supporting him enough.

Ringo

Club will be supporting him and hearing his presser he is really struggling to play football so all the best for him. 

Here is his interview and statements.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-05-23/beams-steps-down?camefrom=EMCL_2290232_99535366

Really impressed by it and the encouragement for guys to reach out.

Zorko a good choice to take over but just hope he does not have any more brain farts and cops more fines or suspensions.  The Logical choice in my opinion as Robbo is more hot headed but a real leader and Stef would only be there for a year due to age.
Would like to see a clean out of the Leadership group at seasons end and maybe bring in more youngsters like Bags, Witho and Berry who are the future of the club.
In saying concern with Zorkos brain pharts can remember similar thought when Brownie too over as well and you know how that worked out.
Beams and Hodge will still be around giving guidance as well.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on May 23, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

Agreed.

Also great to see he still wants to play despite all that's going on. Wish him all the best.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on May 25, 2018, 03:34:16 PM

Agreed.

Also great to see he still wants to play despite all that's going on. Wish him all the best.
Takes a lot to admit you are seeing a counsellor as well, Great example to us all. Will be able to concentrate on footy without the off field distractions a captain has and wish him all the well.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on May 25, 2018, 04:34:51 PM

Agreed.

Takes a lot to admit you are seeing a counsellor as well, Great example to us all. Will be able to concentrate on footy without the off field distractions a captain has and wish him all the well.
Yes a good move to many things on ones mind in tough times could really go pear shaped , this will benefit him greatly and also good for Zorko all very well handled.

Ricochet

Agreed.
Also agreed. A great sign of maturity. No doubt the start of this season would have been tough for him

RaisyDaisy

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
As I reported on talking footy, and I stress Brisbane and his management are working closely with Dayne - he’s been very brave. But I believe he’ll seek a trade back to victoria. There is every chance Collingwood and Essendon will look at him - if appropriate at the right time

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 12, 2018, 10:42:34 PM
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
As I reported on talking footy, and I stress Brisbane and his management are working closely with Dayne - he’s been very brave. But I believe he’ll seek a trade back to victoria. There is every chance Collingwood and Essendon will look at him - if appropriate at the right time
Pretty sure his thought behind this is "oh his father passed away so he doesn't want to be in qld anymore"

Dayne and his wife are happy up north and baby #2 is on the way. I could speak to his wife's sister to confirm, but she's kind of a dog :p

_wato

Imagine Beams back at the pies!!!!

Ringo

To be honest would not surprise me if Beams called time on his career.  He is having difficulty getting motivated each week to play footy given the influence his father had on him and coming to every game. Unless the counselling he is receiving breaks through this barrier than I can see this happening.
Trade back to Victoria would be the last thing he would be considering at the moment, 
If you can believe the Melbourne Journalists over the years and the number of players they said will go to Victorian clubs from the other states their strike rate is not the best.

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on June 12, 2018, 11:03:16 PM
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
Pretty sure his thought behind this is "oh his father passed away so he doesn't want to be in qld anymore"

Dayne and his wife are happy up north and baby #2 is on the way. I could speak to his wife's sister to confirm, but she's kind of a dog :p

Hows the name drop though! GL with the connections

RaisyDaisy

Brisbane came out yesterday and ruled this out - Dayne himself said it's BS basically

Tom Browne looking like a fair flog atm

Pretty ridiculous that these media types can go with shower like this without getting penalised etc

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on June 14, 2018, 10:29:46 AM
Quote from: GoLions on June 12, 2018, 11:03:16 PM
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

Hows the name drop though! GL with the connections
You don't know how many sisters she has... maybe :p