Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

SilverLion

BB67th

Sadly I went to the match yesterday.

Without a doubt the worst effort I have ever seen a football team put up on game day.

SilverLion

Quote from: BB67th on April 15, 2018, 11:35:04 AM
Sadly I went to the match yesterday.

Without a doubt the worst effort I have ever seen a football team put up on game day.
Yep. I was there too. Front row seats to a training drill :-\

Nige

I was on level 4 right behind the goals at the city end. It got to the point where me and my mates started wanting the Lions to kick goals (partially because my mate got on Tiges between 1-39 because of the weather) and getting upset at all the questionable frees we received and the ones you boys didn't get. Even as a Tiges fan, it was hard to get into it and be excited (apart from watching Dusty's clinic).

Ringo

Have to remember we were playing last years premiers and the difference in class showed.  I gave up counting at 10:7 from turnovers. We really have to work on that.  Some of the Senior players were main offendersm

Being Harsh her but a couple of observations:
Lewis Taylor has to go back to NEAFL and learn to kick a ball 15 metres to a target. Twice yetserday jis short kicks were direct to Tigers.
Sam Mayes if he is not dropped this week then do not know what I will do. If he isn't he must have something on the coaches.  Yesterdays efforts were not even NEAFL Standard.
Rohan Bewick is far to slow and needs probably to go back to NEAFL as well.
Harris Andrews is down on confidence and probably needs a stint as well to restore.
Beams in the last 2 games has started well and then faded. maybe we need to give him so more time to grieve his father if this is contributing.
Zorko needs to curb his agression at times

Umpiring was atrocious including the video review as I still have not seen evidence that Camerons kick touched the post but that started the day of losing 50/50 decisions.

However there were some good signs.
Our continuing improvement in clearances which we won and contested possessions which we won in the second half.
Rayner probably playd his best game for the Lions. McCluggage continues to improve and Bailey did not look out of place in his first match. If we had a team of Mitch Roobo and Nick Robertson who do not take a backward step we would be much closer.
Matthieson also showing good signs.
Berry after a good 2 weeks looked a little lost yesterday.

I am old enough to remember finishing last in 1998 and winning premiership 3 years later with Matthews in charge, Think with Fagan in charge we can get there again. Need to show a lot in Qclash next Sunday.

SilverLion

Witherden is an absolute jet.

Will be AA within a few years.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on April 24, 2018, 04:39:14 PM
Witherden is an absolute jet.

Will be AA within a few years.
Yep and the way he recovered from Lonergans low blow further testament to his courage.  Surprised the MRP one man ban classed as misconduct rather than striking which it was.

GoLions

nrich102

BB67th

What a win. Reckon we're going to be pretty hard to beat at the Gabba all year.

Ringo

For those that missed the Team song Apparently Channel 7 left before showing it.

http://www.lions.com.au/

Click on team song close to more players in the circle than out but sung with gusto as you would expect.

Playing exciting footy and apart from first 10 minutes were on Top of Hawks.
Really hope Eleni Glouftsis gets a decent run at umpiring as in my opinion she was the best of the three umpres out there today. Curtis deBoy No 11 had a shocker with some of his decisions with 3 leading to Hawks Goals.

AaronKirk

Was great to be at the game and see Hawthorn lose.

Hipwood back to really good form. McCluggage looked at home in the midfield today. I quite enjoyed the team defensive work put into Sicily which was smart coaching. Good signs IMO from Rayner, Eagles and McInerney.

A lot of good signs for your boys.

Maybe Witherden is due a spell in the NEAFL. For a guy as talented a kick as he is he can butcher quite a number of those kicks from D50.

BB67th

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 20, 2018, 09:06:17 PM
Was great to be at the game and see Hawthorn lose.

Hipwood back to really good form. McCluggage looked at home in the midfield today. I quite enjoyed the team defensive work put into Sicily which was smart coaching. Good signs IMO from Rayner, Eagles and McInerney.

A lot of good signs for your boys.

Maybe Witherden is due a spell in the NEAFL. For a guy as talented a kick as he is he can butcher quite a number of those kicks from D50.
Don't know about Witherden going back to the 2's after a rising star nomination! Definitely his disposal has let him down at times over the last few games, but thoroughly deserving. Surely he marches on to the rising star award from here.

AaronKirk

Whoever voted on the rising star this week obviously did not go to the game (like I did). Rayner was clearly better than Witherden who I thought didn't play that well.