Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Clash Jumpers are just a dumb concept in general when all the normal jerseys look good. Should be only used for shower like Collingwood vs Geelong

Ringo

Couple of interesting facts to come out of tonights AGM

As previously advised Ross Thornton will join the Board.

Flight Centre will be coming on board as another sponsor.

Leppa aiming for double digit wins want an improvement on last years 7 wins.

Eddie is on board with promotion of first game and aiming for a crowd of 30k+ to start the year.

membership currently up 3k on last year and corporate sales also up.

And the big one.

Greg Swann also says plenty of room left in @brisbanelions salary cap. So plenty in reserve to gain that Key forward if need be. Could Tom Hawkins be a possibility being on the FA list? Would be handy for a season or 2 while Close and Freeman develop further.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on December 17, 2014, 09:00:23 PM
Couple of interesting facts to come out of tonights AGM

As previously advised Ross Thornton will join the Board.

Flight Centre will be coming on board as another sponsor.

Leppa aiming for double digit wins want an improvement on last years 7 wins.

Eddie is on board with promotion of first game and aiming for a crowd of 30k+ to start the year.

membership currently up 3k on last year and corporate sales also up.

And the big one.

Greg Swann also says plenty of room left in @brisbanelions salary cap. So plenty in reserve to gain that Key forward if need be. Could Tom Hawkins be a possibility being on the FA list? Would be handy for a season or 2 while Close and Freeman develop further.

That's what Brisbane is lacking at the moment, Hawkins would make a huge difference to your structure. Everything else is ticking over beautifully, the recruiting and trading has been first class and the age profile is heading into a sweet spot. Next year may not be the year but beyond that I have high hopes for Brisbane.

nrich102

I can see us having a play at Hawkins, but I don't really see it coming off  :-\. Would really like it though, Hawkins would be awesome.

Maybe we could have a play at Grant? Idk. Don't really need him though. How long is left on Tippetts contract? Maybe we could make a play on him.

Kellogscrunchynut

What do you guys think about the ruck situation at Brisbane with Leuy coming back into the side, but Martin being in the best form of his career at the end of last season?

GoLions

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 21, 2015, 02:14:43 PM
What do you guys think about the ruck situation at Brisbane with Leuy coming back into the side, but Martin being in the best form of his career at the end of last season?
Leuey is still our number 1 ruck, so if he's fit, he'll be rucking quite a bit.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on January 21, 2015, 02:24:03 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 21, 2015, 02:14:43 PM
Leuey is still our number 1 ruck, so if he's fit, he'll be rucking quite a bit.
This is really difficult to say at this point in time. Both will play and be named for round 1. Luey can take a strong mark and a fairly accurate kick for goal whereas Martin with his work around the ground becomes another mid. How Leppa  uses both will be the issue and do not think we will get an insight in the NAB cup either.

strikes91

I have stefan martins mark against geelong in my head telling me he will work in the forward lines. It's going to be a ripper combination

Ricochet

Saw that Nick Robertson went in for surgery. What was that for lads?

Ringo

Sorry Rico Been away and have not heard of this.  Will probably know tomorrow but was definitely not on our injury list last week.  So suspect may have copped an injury in NEAFL if true.

strikes91

GoLions

Mayes has changed a heap leading into this season

nrich102

Bill Manspeaker

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-29/aishs-round-16-dday

Rockliff
Quote“If you get to round 15 or 16 and he hasn't signed, you'd probably think he'll leave”

least he's honest about it. hopefully the kid signs on

Ricochet

I love Rocky's honesty in the media, just speaks his mind