Nige

Quote from: Ziplock on October 17, 2013, 12:13:14 PM
at least Mclean's tweets are structurally coherent though :P

This is true.

Ringo

Quote from: T Dog on October 17, 2013, 09:17:03 AM
Can anything else go off the rails up there Ringo?  :-\

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-17/where-did-it-all-go-wrong-for-the-lions

This is a well written article by Michael Whiting analysing the Lions. (So our problems stem back to Eddie for getting our concessions removed ;D ;D not really but the start of the problems)
Hope 13th November EGM will resolve most of field issues.  Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as I will be in NZ but will lodging proxies.  Am anticipating the biggest attendance at a General Meeting yet given the anger that exists to the Board at the moment amongst members.

Yes Tdog we appear a basket case at the moment but hopefully the light that is starting to appear is not a big on coming train  ;) ;)

Edit: Just realised link to actual article did not come accross so added it.

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on October 17, 2013, 12:41:37 PM
Quote from: T Dog on October 17, 2013, 09:17:03 AM
Can anything else go off the rails up there Ringo?  :-\
This is a well written article by Michael Whiting analysing the Lions. (So our problems stem back to Eddie for getting our concessions removed ;D ;D not really but the start of the problems)
Hope 13th November EGM will resolve most of field issues.  Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as I will be in NZ but will lodging proxies.  Am anticipating the biggest attendance at a General Meeting yet given the anger that exists to the Board at the moment amongst members.

Yes Tdog we appear a basket case at the moment but hopefully the light that is starting to appear is not a big on coming train  ;) ;)

You'll be right mate once all the dust has settled.

nrich102

ABC saying Simon Black will retire today :( :'(

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on October 18, 2013, 07:48:08 AM
ABC saying Simon Black will retire today :( :'(
Speculation probably correct and we wait for press conference this morning with Leppa.

Conference scheduled for 9:15am Qld Real Time (10:15 Rubbish time in other Eastern states) this morning and will be a live stream on Lions site.

Nige

Great news for Brisbane fans, with forward James Polkinghorne deciding to stay at the GABBA despite requesting a trade back to Victoria.

- herald sun

Patrick Karnezis is likely to be picked up by Collingwood in the pre-season draft with the Magpies making little effort to get a deal done with Brisbane.

- Herald Sun

BREAKING

Billy Longer has told Brisbane that he wishes to be traded to St Kilda.

Adelaide has conceded Port is the favourite to trade in homesick Lion Jared Polec but has warned the Crows will swoop on him in the pre-season draft if the Power and Brisbane can't get a deal done.

- Herald Sun

strikes91

hope karnezis ends up at gws

Ricochet

Pick 19 for Longer is pretty fair I reckon. Originally a pick 8, with a couple of years experience

Ringo

Think it may take a couple of days to sort out involving exchange of picks as we are seeking a higher draft pick.  IMO anything less than 14 is reasonable for Longer.  Bottom line is with St Kilda now being his nominated choice of clubs (Hate players who change their minds to suit and this is probably reason he will not be welcome at Brisbane now) we have to get the best deal for him as Saints will obviously get him in the PSD.,

Toga

What does this exodus mean for you guys in drafting now? Heading into the national draft do you think you'll look at getting home-made talent or will you still be able to draft interstate boys confidently?

EDIT: Just had a look at where this year's draft crop is from and there is literally no Queensland boys there... Makes it a bit hard for you guys looking at that. :-[

Nige

Yeah, there's a real lack of Queensland lads in this draft pool. They'll have to grab a VIC (most likely) and hope he's happy to stay there for the long haul.

nrich102

Nige

With all the picks you're getting for guys like Karnezis and Longer, I'm sure you'll nab him.  :P

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on October 21, 2013, 01:59:30 PM
With all the picks you're getting for guys like Karnezis and Longer, I'm sure you'll nab him.  :P
Is he even going to the draft? There was some word we'd take him through the academy, but we took Jono Freeman instead :)