Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Suspect Polkinghorne may now start as he had an outstanding game in the reserves last week through the mid field.

Our mid field depth is sorely being tested now with Beams, Rich, Polec Bartlett all having long term injuries and with Black and O'Brien just returning from injury.

With Rich out it will place further pressure on Rocky and Zorko who will now attract the tags.

strikes91

Rocky will probably be targeted now by the taggers. or maybe Pearce Hanley. losing rich and hanley in the one week hurts the midfield. zorko will probably play pure mid.

BB67th

Ouch that will really hurt losing Rich. Do you reckon it will make Mayes' JS any better? I don't really know what position he has been playing in, but if Zorko has to move into the guys, does Mayes move and take his place?

Ringo

Mayes has been playing mainly on the wing so with Rich's injury suspect will improve Job security till at least his return.  Had reservations on Mayes JS as he may have been in the mix to make way for Staker but can see him keeping position now.

nrich102

Reserves beat GC in Macky yesterday 111 to 79. Lisle kicked 8 goals, should be be considered for the seniors?

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on April 26, 2013, 06:24:34 AM
Reserves beat GC in Macky yesterday 111 to 79. Lisle kicked 8 goals, should be be considered for the seniors?
Lisle was best on ground and will be keeping the pressure on Cornelius, Paporone and co. Also expect to see Black back in the Seniors next week played majority of game and was the Lions next best player after Lisle.  Played majority of game as well and was saying to Voss I am ready.

Ringo

Brisbanes final team from Sunday

B: J. Adcock, D. Merrett, E. Yeo
HB: J. Patfull, J. Clarke, M. Golby
C: J. Polkinghorne, B. Moloney, S. Mayes
HF: M. Paparone, J. Brown, R. Bewick
F: J. Green, A. Cornelius, D. Zorko
FOLL: M. Leuenberger, A. Raines, J. Redden
INT: S. Docherty, B. Longer, A. McGrath, T. Rockliff
EMER: P. Karnezis, R. Lester, J. Crisp

Suspect McGrath may be sub,

Probably the best team we could put out given our injury situation.

nrich102

strikes91

Quote from: nrich102 on April 26, 2013, 05:43:00 PM
Longer could be sub

I would make it McGrath. I think it would suit him

Ringo

Went to the game yesterday so a couple of observations from my part. Game was very sloppy with numerous turnovers and errors. If we were playing a top team would have been beaten by at least 30 points.

1. Our accuracy in front of goal is still hurting us game should have been put away well before half time if we were more accurate, 37 scoring shots to 24 and only winning by 28 tells the story.
2. We are still too slow covering break outs need some more nimbleness across half back line to stop the flow. Demons were finding easy marks from HB to HF.
3. Some one has to really step up and take control of the backline and assist the youngsters,  Quite a few times Justin Clarke was looking for a match up at ball ups and throw ins.
4. Brent Moloney continues to shine around the clearances and Blackie will benefit from this when he returns
5. Really missed the run and carry of Hanley as a result of suspension.
6. Mayes continues to show he is ready and up to Senior football.
7. Polkinghorne played his best game for the Lions.
8. Liked the initial set up of Longer Rucking with Berger at FF got us off to a great start,
9. Umpiring was crap but what else can you say when McBurney is one of the officials.
10. Zorko showed a welcome return to form.
11.Need to maintain composure and concentration for full game.  Allowing Melbourme the last three goals should not be on from a team hoping to finish top 8.
12. We are very slow at seeing options and taking advantage.  On numerous occasions there were players free but by the time they were seen and ball delivered a contest ensued rather than an uncontested mark. This was obvious from my position in the upper grandstand.

Couple of incidents may be looked at by the MRP and Polks was reported for tripping in first quarter.

Next 8 weeks will decide our fortunes and also Vossies future and we will have to improve 100% if we are to win at least half of these,

BB67th

We played bad but he umpiring was just shocking in that game. Couldn't believe some of the decision that went Melbourne's way. Do the umpires have something against us?

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-29/mrp-full-statement-round-five

Great news for Lions Polkinghorne and Longer can avoid suspension with early plea and Zorko was cleared.

LF

How's Hanley going Ringo really need him to play this week.

Ringo

Me to - No mention made of him in this weeks recovery report so I assume  he is fit and ready for selection after suspension.

Mat0369

He had a bit of knock the game he got suspended in right? Week off probably did him some good in the end to get fit and ready to go for this weekend