British XV's Vacant Coaching position - Bilston Bunnies.

Started by Ringo, March 14, 2013, 09:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

We now have a vacant coaching position in the British xv's.  I thank Boomz for his time in charge of the Bilston Bunnies and wish him well for the future. Boomz will be available to assist the new coach in a smooth transition.

As per the British Rules I am now calling for applications for position of Head coach at the Bilston.  You are required to lodge application in this thread.

Applications are to address the following criteria:
(a) Brief History of yourself including any teams currently involved in xvs competitions and position held.
(b) Thoughts on current team
(c) How you would improve the team and goals for the team,

Here is the current Bilston Playing List:

Dayne Beams
Patrick Ryder
Luke Dahlhaus
Leigh Adams
Shannon Hurn
Tom Bellchambers
Ben Howlett
Stewart Crameri
Tomas Bugg
Jake Carlisle
Elliot Kavanagah
Daniel Menzel
Chris Mayne
Clay Smith
Richard Douglas
Chris Newman
Jude Bolton
Edward Curnow
Joel Corey
Jack Hombsch
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Ben Stratton
Jarryd Lyons
Zach Tuohy
Sam Dunnell
Tom Lee
Alipate Carlile
Lin Jong
Luke Davis
Jack Neade
Ben Griffiths
Nick O'Brien
Brodie Murdoch
Ariel Steinberg
Nathan Blee
Tom Downie
Caolan Mooney
Jack Hutchins
Luke Thompson
Ben Kennedy
Jimmy Webster
Mathew Dick
Ryan Bathie
Zac Williams
Lachlan Dalgleish

Link to Bilston Bunnies page.
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,63055.0.html

If any further information is required please PM me.

Applications will close at Midnight Sunday 17th March

KoopKicka

Hello I would like to apply for the Bilston Bunnies position.

Ive been on the forum for 9 months, hasnt felt that long but time flies whenthe  you're having fun hey? I am currently Head Coach of The Kathmandu Eskimos in the Asian Xv's competition and Co-head Coach at the Seoul Magpies, which I havent done much with thanks to the excellent work of JB, who I am assistant to in this great competition.

I trade for the future, I see a lot of upside in my Asians team, I see a lot of the same upside in this team. Some may take my trading as suicidal, its the future,  I will show my most controversial trade to show you.

I lost:

Masten - Embley comes back into the fold, I feel he will stagnate or even get pushed to the HFF and dent his scoring.
Blair- With Ball coming back I felt his midfield time, which made him score so well, would be taken from him.

I gained:

Motlop - Promised a running role off the Half back flank and mid time to boot. Will become a handy DPP player
Harper - Being groomed for the Harvey role next year, very encouraging signs of times to come.

As you can see, I got raped short term, but I feel that I will win long term.

As for the team, I have a lot of the same players, its a VERY promising team, my best XV would be:

DEF: Hurn, Bugg, Carlisle, Newman
MID: Beams (c), Howlett, C.Smith, Douglas
RUC: Ryder
FWD: Dahlhaus, Adams, Crameri, Mayne
UTL: Bellchambers, Bolton

EMG: Corey, Hoskin-Elliot, Stratton

There are some very promising young players coming through also (Kennedy, Neade, Smith, Menzel, Hombsch etc) which will form the backbone of the team along with Bugg, Howlett, Beams, Ryder, Dahlahus and Adams in the best XV. Promising signs ahead.

Next trade period I would look to secure another young, best XV midfielder as I think we are 1-2 short.

Goal for this year would just be to see the players develop even more for the future.

Cheers.

KK

(Good luck to everyone else! :D)

Justin Bieber

Good application; however I will vote for someone who doesn't have a team. For example if SydneyRox applies so sorry KK

KoopKicka

Quote from: whatlez on March 14, 2013, 12:23:21 PM
Good application; however I will vote for someone who doesn't have a team. For example if SydneyRox applies so sorry KK

So would I whatlez, none taken. :)

kilbluff1985

yeah Ringo in the requirements can you put people must list any positions they have with current XV teams please

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 14, 2013, 01:15:56 PM
yeah Ringo in the requirements can you put people must list any positions they have with current XV teams please
Done as part of a

PowerBug

Hey all, Silky Skills here. I is would like to apply for this position as coach of the Bunnies as Sportal my main game for 2013, since it's the only salary cap fantasy competition i am playing. My knowledge on the Sportal game isn't the greatest right now, but come end of the season when the real thinking needs to be done, it'll be alot better.

How do i explain this? Well I've been involved with FanFooty since the middle of 2011, most of it under PowerBug. My XV's experience is as follows:
- The inaugural coach of the Buenos Aires Armadillos (Worlds), drafted squad which finished 3rd in the table and was eliminated in a Prelim final.
- Inaugural coach of the Greek Titans (Euros), drafted squad which started very strongly, but failed to close out the season, finishing 4th and unfortunately being knocked out in straight sets.
- Was involved with the drafting of the Hong Kong Dongs and Grope Lane Giants

Currently i am an assistant to Nails in the Euros competition.

The team as i see it:

Backs: Hurn, Newman, Bugg, Hombsch
Mids: Beams (c), Howlett, Corey, Curnow
Rucks: Bellchambers
Fwds: Ryder (vc), Dahlhaus, Adams, Bolton
Int: Mayne, Crameri
Emg: Douglas, Carlisle, Neade

During the next trade period i would look at upgrading the side evenly through all positions. Going in search of the best in one position isn't really my style, I much rather playing with middle-range players who have that good game here and there. My Euros midfield in 2012 was as follows: Foley, Black, Corey, Sewell, Brennan, J.McKenzie. Nothing special, but it got me to the finals.

The goal for this season is to not be the laughing stok of the competition, so be competitive. :)

Cheers, SS/PB

tbagrocks

Nige

While I do not want to apply for the role of head coach, after stepping down as assistant at the Liverpool Lobsters, I would happily be the assistant of the incoming coach if they would be happy to have me. I'm looking for a more active role in the British competitions hence this decision and I believe that this may be possible at a new team.  :)

Justin Bieber

Silky will you get upset abd quit again? Need to put this into prospective and will you have 3 week absent periods?

SydneyRox

Hello all! I would also like to formally apply for the position of head coach of the Mighty Bilston Bunnies

I have been a member of the FF community since 2010, on very regularly including through the off seasons and was recently awarded Veteran Coach Status for my work around the boards! Have been interested in the XV's for a while now and hopefully am moving up the list of potential coaches.

Currently I help out as an Assistant to Toga at the Mongolian Lambs in Asians and I am also working with Macca as an Assistant at the Mexico Suns in Worlds. Have learnt a lot from these guys and would like to bring the same professionalism and creativity as they do the their teams.

Here is how I see the best team

DEF: Hurn, Bugg, Carlisle, Newman
MID: Beams (c), Howlett (vc), Corey, Douglas
RUC: Bellchambers
FWD: Ryder, Dahlhaus, Adams, Crameri
UTL: Bolton, Mayne

EMG: Smith, Hoskin-Elliot, Stratton

Some very good up and coming talent in the side, we dont need to do much trading as some of these guys will develop over the next season or two. However some tweaking in the next trade period we would be to try and bring in some extra midfield talent and a back premium if we can arrange that. Our aim would be a premiership by 2016.

Good luck to all the applicants.

Cheers

SR

PowerBug

Quote from: whatlez on March 14, 2013, 03:11:00 PM
Silky will you get upset abd quit again? Need to put this into prospective and will you have 3 week absent periods?
Not sure if you fully understood why i left, but it was coz i was spending wayyyyy too much time on FF, and tried to cut out completely. Had nothing to do with the arguement beforehand, i can assure you of that. :) This will be my only coaching role if i get it, and i won't apply for anywhere else.

As for the 3 weeks off i had earlier, I figured that it's not a good thing since i spend too much time thinking about not going on FF, so won't be doing that again. :)

Here to stay lez. :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on March 14, 2013, 02:13:45 PM
While I do not want to apply for the role of head coach, after stepping down as assistant at the Liverpool Lobsters, I would happily be the assistant of the incoming coach if they would be happy to have me. I'm looking for a more active role in the British competitions hence this decision and I believe that this may be possible at a new team.  :)
I wasn't too active as an assistant but I'm open to staying on to the role (to a lesser extent than Nigey offers).

Also don't mind if the new Coach wants to keep me on as a Mascot as alot on here know me as Bunny anyway, but feel free to change it :).

FisherSaints

Sorry for the lateness of this application

Bilston Bunnies Coaching Application

A bit about me

I am FisherSaints, I have been on FF since June 28, 2011. I come from South East Victoria and am 14 years old. I have been playing SC for 4 years and DT for 2. I haven't played Sportal before though. I am co- coach of New Delhi Tigers in WXV and assistant coach for the Vietnam Vipers in AXV and assistant coach for the Winchester Werewolves in BXV.

Thoughts on current team?

The team has good youth in the likes Beams, Dahlaus, Leigh Adams and Bellchambers. I see this team winning a premiership in the next 3-4 years.

How you would improve the team and goals for the team?

Keep the original group and work on the fringe. Trade out some of the older players so it is a young team. I will try and get a star defender and a few good players in the midfield and forward line.

Weaknesses and what I will do to them

Backline - Get a star player who averages 90+. I will also try pick up some 70 average players.
Midfield - Try to get a few 85+ players to compliment Beams
Depth - Get some fringe players and some rookies

My Best XV

Defenders: Hurn, Newman, Bugg, Carlisle
Midfielders: Beams (C), Curnow, Corey, Douglas
Rucks: Bellchambers
Forwards: Ryder (VC), Crameri, Dahlhaus, Adams
Interchange: Mayne, Howlett

Emergencies: Neade, Hoskin-Elliot, C. Smith

I see this team to finish between 8th and 10th

Thanks for reading, FS

Justin Bieber

Hey Fisher just heads up. A star Hackman in this comp will be scoring 110+. Mids to ave 115-120 as average players