Membership Points!

Started by ossie85, March 12, 2013, 04:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Torpedo10

Go New Delhi! Gonna have to start up a membership drive.  8)

DazBurg

one thing i still dislike about it is the poll simply turns into a popularity contest
or who spends the most time wooing ppl with bells and whistles on the front bar
considering not one other thing is posted in the FB about the World XVs just proves it will come down to a popularity contest

but that of course ossman is why you have done other things to gain points from i know
just was putting some thoughts out there is all mate  ;)

Ringo

Agree with Daz here that it will become a popularity contest each week.  Some coaches have the time to build the multi media club etc but we poor coaches with non design skills will suffer. 

Going to be hard to judge the Graphic Design when one or 2 designers are doing all teams.  Just pointing out the fact.

In favour of the idea of getting a number of factors but just concerned as how the membership and team thraeds may become a popularity contest.

Holz

just going to point out the destroyers thread is made on my own.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on March 12, 2013, 10:58:21 PM
As is the Pumas :)

Doesn't seem to be helping with my membership drive though :(

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 12, 2013, 11:14:12 PM

Doesn't seem to be helping with my membership drive though :(

We can't see the votes, you could be leading. I like the initiative cf.

Jay

Just wondering, what is this current poll actually doing?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 12, 2013, 11:14:12 PM
So is the new look PNL page if you include assistants :P.

Agree with Ringo though as alot using the same designers (I have for the Logos as they were awesome!). Popularity contest will be interesting, but we want to try and get these "members" to try and follow the team rather than a one off vote.

Maca24

Get around the reigning premiers in Seniors and Reserves, and soon to be Preseason champions :)
Mexico City Suns.

ossie85

Lots of things to sort out :)

- The point of graphics/team threads is to get coaches involved and getting things organised... This doesn't mean they can't delegate :) So if other people do graphics for them, that's fine with me.....

- Will allocate points for graphics/team design a bit later! I can't see most of them at work (damn firewall)

- Points for Champions League results is also a good idea! Done

- Adding a new points basis - 20 points for each alliance forged with a team from another competition (1 per comp, and they have to be unique, i.e. Swindon from the BXV can only match with 1 WXV team)

- Yes, you are allowed to edit your team. This is reward for teams putting in a team in time. I may change it though, say 10 points for the first team, and 5 points for each team entered by Thursday Midnight. Happy to debate....

- Popularity is a part of it for sure, but would say results drive most of the points. Similar to real life I think...

- The current poll is the first membership drive, the poll will reset each round.

Hope that's fine with everyone.....

Holz

ossie are you ok with aliances with teams that your also the head coach.

obviously my euro aliance are the eagles.

teamed up with lez with BXV - BXV: Bradford Badgers
                                   AXV - Laos Elephants

ossie85

Yep, that's fine with me. Not sure on others though....

Jukes

Moscow Alliances
AXV- The Mongolian Lambs
EXV- The Norwegian Trolls
BXV- The Crosby Cruisers

JBs-Hawks

Seoul alliances:

English Lions
Huddersfield Hawks
Australian Ales
Kathmandu Eskimoes

:P