Main Menu

AXV: Taiwan Dolphins

Started by Memphistopheles, March 05, 2013, 03:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Haha thats all the info i needed

Memphistopheles

Here's an updated team list following all the trades that have been completed plus delistments already posted for anyone who is interested.

I've put them in the position I think they will be next season.

Defenders
Jed Adcock, Zac Tuohy, Cameron Guthrie, Sam Colquhoun, Ryan Lester, Josh Hunt, Scott McMahon, Nathan Wright, Sam Wright, Joel Patfull, Alan Toovey, Kyle Hardingham.

Midfielders
Harley Bennell, Mathew Stokes, Stephen Coniglio, Isaac Smith, Matt Rosa, Cameron Sutcliffe, Clinton Jones, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen

Ruck
Matt Kreuzer, Darren Jolly, Tom Campbell

Forwards
Cyril Rioli, Eddie Betts, Tory Dickson, Scott Gumbleton, Jason Winderlich, Travis Varcoe, Jordan Murdoch, Jason Porplyzia, Alwyn Davey, Corey Dell'Olio Nicholas Hayes, Jordan Bourke.

As you can see we need midfield depth.

Memphistopheles

Credit Jay for the idea!

THE OFF-SEASON SO FAR

We have traded out: Gary Ablett Jnr, Jordan Lewis, Mathew Stokes, Jed Adcock, Aaron Edwards, David Zaharakis, Rory Sloane, Daniel Jackson, Ben McGlynn and Corey Enright, NAT 12, NAT 28, NAT 32, NAT 44, ROOK 28, ROOK 44.

We have traded in: Cyril Rioli, Stephen Coniglio, Harley Bennell, Dean Terlich, Jordan Murdoch, Cameron Guthrie, Zac Tuohy, Scott Gumbleton, Sam Colquhoun, Tom Derickx NAT 1, NAT 17, NAT 33, NAT 37, NAT 46, NAT 49, ROOK 16, ROOK 22, ROOK 36, ROOK 38, ROOK 49

The following players have been delisted: Jared Brennan (ret), Jason Blake (ret), Brett Ebert (ret), Joel Corey (ret), Cameron Richardson, Nick Lower, Kyal Horsley, Alex Howson, Jack Osborn, Orren Stephensen, Leigh Osbourne, Alwyn Davey, Kyle Hardingham.

This leaves us with the following projected XV for the 2014 season:
DEF: Dean Terlich / Cameron Guthrie / Zac Tuohy / Ryan Lester
MID: Harley Bennell / Stephen Coniglio / Nick Vlastuin / Matt Rosa
RUC: Matt Kreuzer
FWD: Cyril Rioli / Eddie Betts / Scott Gumbleton / Tory Dickson
UTL: Jason Winderlich / Jordan Murdoch

EMG: Josh Hunt (DEF) / Cameron Sutcliffe (MID) / Travis Varcoe (FWD)

In the upcoming National Draft, we have picks: #1, #17, #33, #37, #46, #49, #60, #76
In the upcoming Rookie Draft, we have picks: #12, #16, #22, #36, #38, #49, #60, #76

Memphistopheles

Yes there has been drastic changes to our list this season.

On face value the list of players OUT compared with IN looks horrible but there was a deeper reason for all these changes. Horrible drafting by whoever owned this team initially means we will be delisting 13 players this season.

In addition we have the following players who I think we more than likely be delisted or traded on at the end of next season due to them being old or having little-to-no fantasy relevance: Josh Hunt, Joel Patfull, Clinton Jones, Darren Jolly and Jason Porplyzia.

Basically the only reason I didn't shop them around or de-list them this year was because of the fact that I didn't have enough list movements and that they are on an AFL list unlike the other 13.

There were almost no real rookie youngsters of consequence in this team when I took it over - Vlastuin and Sutcliffe the only three to show anything this season. There was also a distinct lack of star power outside of Ablett and Kreuzer and every week our result hinged on how Ablett went.

To get away from this I decided to go for the full rebuild and create a team which has a lot more balance on all lines. Yes we will struggle in the next 2, 3 even 4 seasons but importantly all of the guys acquired this trade period will still be around then and most should have developed into genuine stars (Bennell, Coniglio, Rioli, Vlastuin, Boyd) or at the very least useable players.

It will also most likely mean that we will be taking high picks in future drafts (I'd say we are red-hot wooden spoon favourites now) which was something we were unable to do this season without trading given our high finish.

Memphistopheles

The Taiwan Dolphins are delighted to announce the arrival of seven exciting new youngsters in the 2013 Asians XV National Draft including the number one pick Tom Boyd.

The full list of Dolphins' draftees (and a short description) is as follows.

#1 - Tom Boyd - Gun KPP forward who should lead the Dolphins forward line for years to come.
#17 - Dayle Garlett - Skillful forward/midfielder who racks up plenty of tackles and has an eye for goal.
#33 - Jonathon Marsh - Currently an exciting forward but should transition into an explosive midfielder.
#37 - Jake Barrett - Tough inside midfielder from a rugby background who knows where the goal is.
#46 - Tom Cutler - Tall midfielder with good game sense and ability to hit targets consistently by hand or foot.
#49 - Jake Kolodjashnij - Played a lot as a shutdown KPP back at junior level but is expected to play a rebounding role in Taiwan.
#60 - Nick Holman - Medium midfielder who has a good left foot and is great in the clinches with his clearance work.

Memphistopheles

Following the success of their national drafting the the Taiwan Dolphins have had another successful draft in the 2013 Asians XV Rookie Draft with seven more new players arriving at the club.

The full list of Dolphins' rookie draftees (and a short description) is as follows.

#12 - Zachary Williams - Promising young midfielder who averaged ~70 last season and has plenty of improvement in him. Should push for a senior berth in his first season in Taiwan.
#16 - Will Langord - Hard-running midfielder who is listed as a defender and can play inside and outside.
#22 - Jack Hutchins - Talented and versatile young defender who showed good signs last season. Can play tall or small.
#36 - Jesse Stringer - Classy, young midfielder who has plenty of development ahead but at his best could be best XV.
#38 - Jamie Bennell - Listed as a midfielder but looks likely to play a rebounding defender role at the Dolphins in the mould of Leon Davis.
#49 - Nick Bourke - Medium midfielder with fantastic athleticism and overhead marking ability who loves to run and carry the footy on the outside. Talented but will be a project player for Taiwan.
#60 - Cameron Wood - Former top-level ruckman picked as insurance for Kreuzer however, has shown he can compete at the highest level

Memphistopheles

An updated team list following all the trades that have been completed plus delistments and drafting.

I've put them in the position they will be next season.

Defenders
Dean Terlich, Nick Vlastuin (MID), Zac Tuohy, Cameron Guthrie, Cameron Sutcliffe, Sam Colquhoun (MID), Jack Hutchins, Will Langford, Josh Hunt, Scott McMahon, Nathan Wright, Sam Wright (FWD), Joel Patfull, Alan Toovey, Tom Cutler, Jake Kolodjashnij.

Midfielders
Harley Bennell, Stephen Coniglio, Matt Rosa, Zachary Williams, Ryan Lester, Clinton Jones, Jesse Stringer, Jamie Bennell, Dayle Garlett (FWD), Jake Barrett, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Nick Holman, Nick Bourke.

Ruck
Matt Kreuzer, Tom Derickx, Cameron Wood.

Forwards
Cyril Rioli, Eddie Betts, Tory Dickson, Scott Gumbleton, Jason Winderlich, Tom Boyd, Travis Varcoe (MID), Tom Campbell, Jordan Murdoch, Corey Dell'Olio, Jonathon Marsh, Nicholas Hayes, Jordan Bourke.

Our midfield depth has been replenished somewhat though our starting depth for next season is very small with a lot of the midfielders probably not playing regularly for a few seasons.

The ruck line is also quite shallow however Wood should provide insurance if Kreuzer goes down with a serious injury.

Memphistopheles

OP updated with fixtures and new Best XV player photos.

Memphistopheles

Because I have a bit of time on my hands I have decided to do a mid-season review of the list and look at how I would enter the trade period if it started now. Here's my list of who's about to get the chop, who's available on the cheap and who I would trade if the right deal came along.

Delist Candidates: Dayle Garlett, Scott McMahon, Josh Hunt, Nicholas Hayes, Jordan Bourke   

Trade Bait: Jack Hutchins, Alan Toovey, Joel Patfull, Sam Wright, Cameron Wood, Clinton Jones, Jamie Bennell, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Jason Winderlich, Travis Varcoe, Tom Campbell, Cory Dell'Olio, Nick Bourke

Available for the right price: Dean Terlich, Zac Tuohy, Sam Colquhoun, Will Langford, Nathan Wright, Matt Rosa, Ryan Lester, Zac Williams, Jesse Stringer, Tom Derickx, Eddie Betts, Tory Dickson, Scott Gumbleton

Would take a very good deal: Nick Vlastuin, Cameron Guthrie, Matt Kreuzer, Cameron Sutcliffe, Tom Cutler, Jake Kolodjashnij, Jake Barrett, Nick Holman, Cyril Rioli, Jordan Murdoch, Jonathan Marsh

Untouchable: Harley Bennell, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Boyd.

Also here are the Dolphins targets for the trade period. What we are after and what we are willing to trade.

Wanted: A future premium midfielder, a backup ruckman, young talent (all lines), high draft picks.
Can give up: Defensive depth, Forward depth, Older starting XV players

Ricochet

I know I'm gonna regret trading Caddy to you mate, he just suits this format

Memphistopheles

About time I updated this thread with a new team list. Rookies in italics.

Taiwan Dolphins

Def: N Vlastuin (Rich), T Varcoe (Coll), D Terlich (Melb), Z Tuohy (Carl), S Colquhoun (Port), N Wright (StK), Z Williams (GWS), S Wright (NM), J Bennell (WC), T Cutler (Bris), J Kolodjashnij (Geel), B Maynard (Coll), N Holman (Carl), J Marsh (Coll), M Manteit (Coll).

Mid: S Coniglio (GWS), J Caddy (Geel), W Langford (Haw), C Guthrie (Geel), I Heeney (Syd), C Blakely (Freo), J Barrett (GWS), N Graham (Carl), J Nelson (WC), B Walsh (Carl).

Ruck: M Kreuzer (Carl), T Derickx (Syd), T Campbell (WB), C Wood (Blues).

Fwd: T Dickson (WB), T Boyd (WB), J Laverde (Ess), J Cripps (WC), J Murdoch (Geel), M Honeychurch (WB), J Steele (GWS) T Lamb (WC), D Kent (Melb), B Jack (Syd), P McGinnity (WC), D Towers (Syd), J Foster (Carl), J McGrath (Bris), K Turner (NM), B Griffiths (Rich), M Wood (NM).

Nige

Griffiths on the rookie list is criminal!

Memphistopheles

And here's all the Round 1 scores for our players.

Defenders

• Nick Vlastuin - 113
  • Travis Varcoe - 79
  • Sam Wright - 75
  • Zac Tuohy - 62

Midfielders

• Isaac Heeney - 114
  • Cam Guthrie - 104
  • Will Langford - 93
  • Josh Caddy - 90
  • Jackson Nelson - 69
  • Stephen Coniglio - 32

Rucks

• Cameron Wood - 73

Forwards

• Jamie Cripps - 154
  • Ben Griffiths - 104
  • Tory Dickson - 101
  • Mitch Honeychurch - 100
  • Jaden McGrath - 75
  • Tom Boyd - 73
  • Tom Lamb - 71
  • Dean Towers - 61
  • Dean Kent - 54
  • Patrick McGinnity (MID) - 49
  • Kayne Turner - 47

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Nige on April 07, 2015, 09:28:26 PM
Griffiths on the rookie list is criminal!

I know it is but I traded him in on the rookie list after the draft period I think so couldn't upgrade him.

Almost searching for some long-term injuries to our non playing players so I can upgrade Cam Wood, Griffiths and then Turner.

Cam Wood the key upgrade first though with no ruckman playing.

Memphistopheles

After three rounds here are all the averages for our players.

Rookie listed players in italics. Yes our only playing ruck and our #1 scoring forward are both still stuck on the rookie list :'( :'( :'(

Defenders

• Travis Varcoe - 93
  • Zac Tuohy - 79.67
  • Sam Wright - 77.33
  • Nick Vlastuin - 75
  • Jamie Bennell - 62
  • Nathan Wright - 51.5

Midfielders

• Stephen Coniglio - 125.67
  • Josh Caddy - 109.67
  • Cam Guthrie - 105
  • Isaac Heeney - 101.33