Pies v Blues - Possible NAB Cup Final?

Started by ossie85, March 04, 2013, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Well, usually I don't care about the NAB cup - with the possible exception if the Pies are in the final. Did I enjoy the 2011 victory? Yes, but only because the Pies held all 3 major trophies at the same time (Premiership, Minor Premiership, NAB) - something that neither Geelong or Brisbane managed to do.

But if results go a certain way, I'd even say a likely way, it looks like it would be a Collingwood v Carlton Grand Final. Buckley v Malthouse?

well, even if I don't really rate the NAB cup, gotta say that's very interesting.

Carn the Pies!

Ringo

Will be interesting to see the teams Lions and Pies put out this week. 

Think Lions will field close to a full strength team as Coach wants to take momentum from NAB cup into season to start strongly. With rivalry between us can see the Pies adopting similar strategy hopefully and will make for a great game.  As an interesting aside Claye Beams may match up on his brother.

Whether we win or not I am interested to see the performance of a couple of standouts for Lions so far Cornelius and Karnezis perform against a quality opponent. Will give an indication as to whether they are really taking the next step.

T Dog

Bux vs mad Mick in a "grand final"...just may get personal....Go Pies, Go hard

nrich102

Would be a good game, but I'm afraid it's going to be Lions V Blues, oh and the lions will win

Toga

*Waits for Richmond to somehow find a way to make the granny*

::) :P