WXV: Pacific Islanders

Started by Jay, February 28, 2013, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 23, 2015, 10:28:28 PM
This team has bucketloads of potential guys. Reckon you might be able to add Barlow to that fwd line too ;)
Now I know why you were so damn happy to get him in AXVs.  :P

Still confident I won't rue that trade, I refuse to do so. Did get me Roberton though, who will certainly be a welcome addition to our back line (I just realised I brought him in to two of my XVs teams, almost three if you count BXVs :o !).

upthemaidens

This team has bucketloads of potential guys. Reckon you might be able to add Barlow to that fwd line too ;)
Done, that certainly makes the forward line look a lot stronger.  :)

IF Motlop can keep fwd status, we will have a starting group of  Barlow,Motlop,Smith with a number of 80avg players rotating through the F4/5/6 positions.

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on December 11, 2015, 06:02:53 PM

IF Motlop can keep fwd status, we will have a starting group of  Barlow,Motlop,Smith with a number of 80avg players rotating through the F4/5/6 positions.
Think you're in luck there ;)

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ricochet on December 11, 2015, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on December 11, 2015, 06:02:53 PM

Think you're in luck there ;)
Sweet  :)   And just like that, Pacific have one of the more potent forward lines in the Comp.

We lost Bont and TMitch, so  Barlow and Motlop make for pretty good replacements.

Jay

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 24, 2016, 05:39:05 PM
       PACIFIC ISLANDERS   2016 Squad 

Def: R Laird, M Hurley, M Suckling, L Spurr, A Tomlinson, A Aliir, C Hampton, J Kolodjashnij, S Day, J Hamling, T Mohr, A Otten, B Williams, J Tippett

Mid: M Bontempelli, T Mitchell, A Gaff, M Barlow, A Swallow, C Guthrie, S Gibson, M Rischitelli, J Murdoch, N Suban, V Michie, M Goodyear, D Mountford

Ruck: M Leuenberger, J Witts, R Stanley

Fwd: D Smith, S Motlop, J Lyons, A Fasolo, B Howlett, C Ah Chee, L Duggan, M Taberner, M McGovern, M Grigg, P Ahern, M de Boer, J Lamb, H Dear, H Himmelberg

Rookie List: B Gowers, W Fordham, T Read
Bring on 2017 8)

upthemaidens

Our under 26yo squad looks pretty decent, lots of potential for improvement. 

Laird, Hurley, Tomlinson, Aliir, Hampton, JKolo, Day, Williams, Himmelberg, Jaksch

Bont, TMitch, Gaff, Guthrie, Lyons, Duggan, Mountford, Fordham

Witts, Stanley, Ladhams, Frampton

Smith, Motlop, Fasolo, Ah Chee, Taberner, McGovern, Murdoch, Ahern, Dear, Lamb

...This young group alone would give the Top 8 a real shake.  :)
   Accompanied with some experienced heads in Swallow, Barlow, Suckling, Gibson, Leuey, Spurr, Howlett, Rischitelli, Suban.
With a little luck Pacific can grab a Top 4 finish, get the double chance and see what happens.

Ricochet

Looks really good guys! Always thought Pacific is one of the squads with the most potential in the comp

upthemaidens

PACIFIC ISLANDERS   2017 Squad

Def: R Laird, M Hurley, M Suckling, L Spurr, A Tomlinson, A Aliir, C Hampton, J Kolodjashnij, S Day, B Williams, K Cheney, A Otten, H Himmelberg

Mid: M Bontempelli, T Mitchell, A Gaff, M Barlow, A Swallow, C Guthrie, J Lyons, S Gibson, M Rischitelli, L Duggan, N Suban, D Mountford

Ruck: M Leuenberger, J Witts, R Stanley

Fwd: D Smith, S Motlop, A Fasolo, B Howlett, C Ah Chee, M Taberner, M McGovern, M de Boer, J Murdoch, P Ahern, J Lamb, H Dear

Rookie List: W Fordham, K Jaksch, P Ladhams, W Frampton

INS:  A Swallow, J Murdoch, N Suban, K Cheney, K Jaksch, P Ladhams, W Frampton
OUTS:  T Mohr, J Tippett, M Grigg, V Michie, M Goodyear, B Gowers, T Read, J Hamling

upthemaidens

Fourth highest scoring team and lost in the Prelim Final.   Overall happy enough with the season.
    In the end injuries mounted up with ten potential starters, including all our Rucks unavailable.  Which was too much to overcome.

Witts with a break out season, along with having Hurley back and fighting with Laird over the D1 spot are the two main factors to our improvement.
   Mitchell increased his average by 14pts and became a dependable Captain choice(yes I'm aware).

Core of the team is still quite young, a little fine tuning in the off season will see another competitive squad in 2018.

upthemaidens

PACIFIC ISLANDERS   2018 Squad

Def: R Laird, M Hurley, M Suckling, L Duggan, B Williams, A Tomlinson, J Kolodjashnij, H Himmelberg, S Day, A Aliir, K Cheney, N Murphy, A McPherson, H Dear

Mid: T Mitchell, M Bontempelli, A Gaff, J Lyons, C Guthrie, S Gibson, C Hampton, H Wigg

Ruck: J Witts, R Stanley, L Meek, S Jones, P Hunter

Fwd: M Barlow, D Smith, J Jenkins, S Motlop, M McGovern, N Hrovat, C Ah Chee, A Fasolo, M Taberner, M de Boer, P Ahern, J Lamb, B Gowers

Rookie List: P Ladhams, W Frampton, M Signorello, C Hewett, J Glass-McCasker

INS: J Jenkins, N Hrovat, H Wigg, N Murphy, A McPherson, B Gowers, L Meek, S Jones, P Hunter, M Signorello, C Hewett, J Glass-McCasker
OUTS: A Swallow, M Rischitelli, M Leuenberger, D Mountford, L Spurr, J Murdoch, A Otten, D Currie, N Suban, B Howlett, W Fordham, K Jaksch

upthemaidens

The Islanders were the highest scoring team in 2018, up from 4th in 2017.  Which is certainly a positive to take out of the season.
     Unfortunately out in straight sets, in what was a disappointing finals campaign for the boys.

GoLions

Who is this 'D Smith' fella in your forward line?  ???

upthemaidens

Quote from: GoLions on November 28, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
He's Devon Smith and plays for Essendon, you may want to do a basic internet search on him to find out more information.

GoLions

Quote from: upthemaidens on November 30, 2018, 07:22:11 PM
He's Devon Smith and plays for Essendon, you may want to do a basic internet search on him to find out more information.
How much did you pay CD for that

upthemaidens

Quote from: GoLions on November 30, 2018, 07:37:01 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on November 30, 2018, 07:22:11 PM
How much did you pay CD for that
I'm not at liberty to discuss the financial dealings of the Club.