Pre-season friendlies?

Started by Ziplock, February 26, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

full length games starting next week, do we want to have some friendly matches/ comps?

elephants

Yep I'm keen.

Do we wanna play our rivals first up?

Other ideas for fixtures could be using Zips predicted ladder... Like, 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th...

Orrrrr... The above idea but based on last years ladder? Would be interesting to see the change in teams after a few trade periods and preseason..

Memphistopheles

Against rivals or a random draw seems fair enough.

A comp would be good I think.

For some teams this may be their only chance at silverware for a while... :P

Justin Bieber

I wouldn't mind this 8). Anybody willing to run the pre-season comp or would it be better if those who are interested make their own matches and calculate their own scores (maybe the other teams if they are eager to find out result :P ). That's if we can't find an organisor.

I'm interested in the Friendlies (can calculate my own scores) but can't run it sadly as giving a crack at running World's Pre-Season Comp.

Ziplock

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 26, 2013, 11:46:05 PM
I wouldn't mind this 8). Anybody willing to run the pre-season comp or would it be better if those who are interested make their own matches and calculate their own scores (maybe the other teams if they are eager to find out result :P ). That's if we can't find an organisor.

I'm interested in the Friendlies (can calculate my own scores) but can't run it sadly as giving a crack at running World's Pre-Season Comp.

just do our own scores should be fine I reckon.

Holz

I will be running a comp. As we dont start till round 3, we can actually play during the regular season before the real stuff (for the euro starts).

im going back to perth this week. So will have to do it monday/tuesday (got a meeting mondasy night).

Im thinking randomising it is probably the fairest method. As basing it off last year is abit unfair, given the rise of the bashers and eagles.

14 teams play. 7 go through + the highest scoring loser.

so 14 8 4 2 thats 4 rounds.

round 2,3,4 of nab than round 1 of the afl for the grandfinal.

so get ready to post your teams for the first time this season.

Ziplock

Holz

Mathc 1
Dutch Dino's (Hawka)
Russian Roulettes (nostradamus)

Match 2
Macedonian Wolves (Scrads)
Swedish Metal (Nails)

Match 3
Greek Titans (Spinking)
Scotland Savage Sons (Whatlez)

Match 4