SPORTSBET AXVS LEAGUE - TEAMS POSTS AND DISCUSSION

Started by Colliwobblers, February 25, 2013, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Might go Redden down to someone, maybe Embley and then Danifer to Cloke.

Memphistopheles

Here's a look at the first draft of my team.

Thoughts are as follows.

You get plenty of points for goals in this game so forward that can kick a bag will be good scorers. Rioli is also in the team for his strong tackling ability plus he has the ability to score massive in this game.

Also there aren't many good forward rookies so I spent more cash here.

The midfield rookies are likely to score the best so I've loaded up here.

JBs-Hawks

Colliwobblers

looks really good, only thing that concerns me is hawks have a nightmare draw for the first 7, but they are the hawks and buddy and rioli shouldnt suffer too much for tough opponents?

good looking side a little light in the midfield but then the midfielders here don't score a LOT more than the gun fwds, well only those top 3-5 do...

but buddy was 2nd highest last season?

like the team what's with B.Jacobs - give us the dirt? he looked good in nab cup but tell me more :)

rucks are spectacular, nicnat when fit and ryder are another two who can kick a lot of goals for ruckmen, ryder worries me tho had him last year and he was great but got injured and had some shockers.

think i feel better with roughead this time .

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 26, 2013, 12:01:17 AM
looks really good, only thing that concerns me is hawks have a nightmare draw for the first 7, but they are the hawks and buddy and rioli shouldnt suffer too much for tough opponents?

good looking side a little light in the midfield but then the midfielders here don't score a LOT more than the gun fwds, well only those top 3-5 do...

but buddy was 2nd highest last season?

like the team what's with B.Jacobs - give us the dirt? he looked good in nab cup but tell me more :)

rucks are spectacular, nicnat when fit and ryder are another two who can kick a lot of goals for ruckmen, ryder worries me tho had him last year and he was great but got injured and had some shockers.

think i feel better with roughead this time .

Thanks Colli.

I feel like with the ruck options available you just had to go Cox and Roughy - both kick plenty of goals and are clearly head and shoulders above the rest in this comp. All stats are inflated above hitouts in this game and as you mentioned the other options I'd consider in Ryder and Nic Nat have some injury worries.

I'm not worried about the Hawks 'hard' start. I think they will be easily the best team in the comp again this season and will be even more hungry than last season to go one better so they should still score strongly.

Also Imagine if Buddy and Roughy kicked 100 and 60 goals respectively again. Not having them on your SportsBet team would be suicide.

Jacobs...well lets just say he's my smoky this season. NAB Cup only confirmed what I thought- he's going to breakout this season. There's a reason why Port really didn't want him to go and in a stronger team he should shine.

Memphistopheles

FYI Colli:

QuoteThe hype surrounding Ben Jacobs during 2012 trade week was akin to that of any movie starring a pasty English vampire and a werewolf. The casual football fan has probably never heard of him, but Port didn’t want to lose Ben Jacobs and North were desperate to get him; all this for a kid who’s played just 26 games.

Maybe young Jacobs has beer flavoured nipples, maybe he craps chocolate, who knows? What we do know, is that he CAN play football. Jacobs was arguably best on ground during the Roos clash with Melbourne, and a look back at his career stats shows that’s no fluke.

During his 26 games with Port, Nipples averaged 16.3 possessions playing off half-back, and topped 19 touches on nine occasions. He’s not super cheap, at $311,000 there’s a slight risk, but if you’re in a draft league, target this kid as a late round bargain.

Colliwobblers

Thanks Memph, good info, on my NAB CUP watchlist, I like Atley at D4 in a few comps not so much sportsbet but Jacobs is a cheaper option....

tbagrocks

Because the Llama boss never knew about Ben Jacobs :o

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 28, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

where is your team Tbag - get it up and talk us through it :)

Justin Bieber

Josh Kennedy is a good investment. I might trade him in for this comp and upgrade a mid/def

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 28, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

Alright I accept the challenge, Walker first selected :o

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on February 28, 2013, 12:11:49 AM
Josh Kennedy is a good investment. I might trade him in for this comp and upgrade a mid/def

He plays NAB this week I'll be watching very closely, mind you Cox will be there with him most of the season and NicNat looks like he won't miss many games at all at the start...

But no more Cue Stick could be a super cash cow and even a keeper ol JJK

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 28, 2013, 12:17:14 AM
Quote from: whatlez on February 28, 2013, 12:11:49 AM

He plays NAB this week I'll be watching very closely, mind you Cox will be there with him most of the season and NicNat looks like he won't miss many games at all at the start...

But no more Cue Stick could be a super cash cow and even a keeper ol JJK
Would only keep him till he gets to 350-400k so roughly 6-8 weeks. Less if a rook pops or he spuds it up. I got Cox as well lol

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 28, 2013, 12:15:34 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 28, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

Alright I accept the challenge, Walker first selected :o

Why the  :o Walker is perfect for this competition... Buddy may be better but I am sceptical about starting him not sure why I just am...

tbagrocks

Thommo to Tackle and Kick his way into scores
The whole midfield a risk? But all superstars

Heppel to be the backline junkie

JJ and Leuey, well JJ is set on the the ff gig and oodles talent, so for the price

Forward line is self eplanetory, but have a look at the value?

Ok Yes I need to get in Matty Wright!