British XV's Vacant Coaching position.

Started by Ringo, February 13, 2013, 12:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

I have received advice that the Head coach of the Swindon Swaggers (Hawka) is stepping down.

In accordance with rules of the British competition applications for the position are to made in this thread. Jukes as assistant coach of the Swaggers is also eligible to apply.

If you are interested in taking over this team please apply stating what you will do with this team, where you see strengths and weaknesses.

As coach you will be required to submit a weekly team before start of first match of the round. maintain a team thread with at least current team

Current Swaggers squad

Hawka â€" Swindon Swaggers
1. Tom Rockliff
2. Liam Shiels
3. Grant Birchall
4. Brendan Whitecross
5. Jarryd Blair
6. Shane Mumford
7. Alex Rance
8. Jon Patton
9. Michael Hurley
10. Jack Trengove
11. Matt Buntine
12. Shane Savage
13. Harry O’Brien
14. Brent Guerra
15. Heath Hocking
16. Clinton Young
17. Jordan Roughead
18. Ayce Cordy
19. Bradley Hill
20. Ryan Schoenmakers
21. Tom Hickey
22. Quinten Lynch
23. Simon Black
24. Jed Lamb
25. Maverick Weller
26. Tim McGenniss
27. Alex Woodward
28. Jackson Allen
29. Cory Dell’Olio
30. Peter Yagmoor
31. Sam Rowe
32. Amos Frank
33. Tom Murphy
34. Israel Folau
35. Chad Cornes
36. Angus Litherland
37. Taylor Duryea
38. Will Langford
39. Jackson Ferguson
40. Brodie Grundy
41. Lachie Plowman
42. Tim Broomhead
43. Isaac Smith
44. Will Hams
45. Matthew Warnock

Please feel free to look in the British xv's board for rules and other information or PM me with any questions.

Applications for the position will close at Midnight Sunday 17th February

Vote of coaches will then take place to select new coach.

Nige

Would it be wrong of me to defect from the Lobsters and apply for this head coaching role, also noting that I'm a head co-coach in WXV with the Sands?

Ringo

Any one can apply as per our rules.  Coach will be voted on by British coaches.

My personal preference though is for a new coach to take over, a coach without an existing team at all,  We have seen the thread how do I join and I would like to give the opportunity if possible to one of these.

Jukes

Thanks for the pm Ringo.

Yeah I'd like to apply. Should be fun.

Ringo

Thanks Jukes.  You will need to formally apply looking at the third paragraph in first post.

Justin Bieber

I'll apply. Will make the Badgers win easier lol,

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2013, 01:25:38 PM
Any one can apply as per our rules.  Coach will be voted on by British coaches.

My personal preference though is for a new coach to take over, a coach without an existing team at all,  We have seen the thread how do I join and I would like to give the opportunity if possible to one of these.

That's fine, I'm not too worried. Like I said, I'm already in a head coach role at the Cairo Sands.

ossie85

I would like to formerly apply for the position of Swindon Swaggers FFC.

Experience:
XVs Creator
World XVs Administrator

Seoul Magpies WXV Senior Coach, 2011 [Retired to be impartial as World XV Administrator]

The Partnership

League 1 Soccer Team Swindon Town F.C. has promised a partnership, as we both strive for success. I have arranged to share Swindon Town F.C.'s facilities.

Sponsorship

Connections with my former South Korean colleagues, I can promise Hyundai as our major sponsor.

The Team

Spokesman: Israel Folau

Folau, who seems officially listed, will act as official spokesman for the Club in order to drum up members and media attention (this seems to be what he does for other codes!).

The Team

Defenders: G Birchall, A Rance, C Cornes, B Guerra <M Buntine, H O'Brien, Jo Roughead, R Schoenmakers, M Weller, J Allen, P Yagmoor, T Murphy, A Litherland, W Langford, J Ferguson, L Plowman, W Hams, M Warnock>

Midfielders:  L Shiels, J Trengove, S Black, H Hocking <T Rockliff, B Whitecross, J Blair, I Smith, S Savage, C Young, B Hill, T McGennis, A Woodward, T Duryea, T Broomhead, W Hams>

Ruck: S Mumford <A Cordy, T Hickey, S Rowe, B Grundy>

Forwards: T Rockliff, B Whitecross, J Blair, M Hurley <J Patton, Jo Roughead, A Cordy, Q Lynch, J Lamb, C Dell'Olio, S Rowe, A Frank, J Ferguson>

Positives

Tremendous depth in defense, which in my experience is a tough position to maintain throughout a long year, Cornes the experienced head - combined with Birchall and Rance to anchor it down. Additionally, Buntine and Plowman are just 2 of the rising superstars down back.

Mumford will hold down the #1 ruck position, with Cordy, Huckey, Rowe and Grundy (and perhaps in later years Roughead) showing a depth of a ruck that excites me and fills me with confidence.

Led by Rockliff, the forward line has a damaging potential. Hurley is not far away from being a superstar, with Whitecross, Lynch and Blair showing spine.

Negatives

Borrows quite a bit from Hawthorn, yet somehow managed to miss most of the Superstars from it! In the future, would look to reduce the dependency on one particularly team.

Midfield lacks a star and depth, and may need to borrow from the forward line in 2013 depending on player availability and form.

Due to lack of midfield, Captaincy options are thin. Rockliff and Mumford the early candidates.

Why me?

After giving up the Seoul Magpies in the World XVS (in order to be impartial in the rules), I've felt the itch to control a team again without the responsibility of running a league (which Ringo is doing a fantastic job).

Jukes, if he agrees, has a position as senior assistant if I'm successful.

Nige

Holz

Ricochet

tough time of the year to take over a new team with only a couple of days left of trading

ossie85

Quote from: Ricochet on February 13, 2013, 02:51:50 PM
tough time of the year to take over a new team with only a couple of days left of trading

I assumed it was over! When does trading finish?

Justin Bieber

It finishes this weekend... Btw Fasolo out, Issac Smith in.

Faz man is in my team ;)

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2013, 03:15:44 PM

Faz man is in my team ;)

Really? Someone help this... kind of confused:

Trade 1.
Birmingham Bombers receive: Boyd, Betts, Pick 66 Nat Draft, Pick 71 Nat Draft
Crosby Cruisers receive: Christensen, Ward, Pick 27 Nat Draft, Pick 43 Nat Draft, Pick 46 Nat Draft
Swindon Swaggers receive: Shiels, Fasolo, Pick 10 Nat Draft

Trade 27
Bradford Badgers receive  Alex Fasolo
Huddersfield Hawks receive Issac Smith

So how did Fas get from Swindon to Huddersfield?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on February 13, 2013, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2013, 03:15:44 PM

Faz man is in my team ;)

Really? Someone help this... kind of confused:

Trade 1.
Birmingham Bombers receive: Boyd, Betts, Pick 66 Nat Draft, Pick 71 Nat Draft
Crosby Cruisers receive: Christensen, Ward, Pick 27 Nat Draft, Pick 43 Nat Draft, Pick 46 Nat Draft
Swindon Swaggers receive: Shiels, Fasolo, Pick 10 Nat Draft

Trade 27
Bradford Badgers receive  Alex Fasolo
Huddersfield Hawks receive Issac Smith

So how did Fas get from Swindon to Huddersfield?
Wtf. Trade 27 must of been with Swindon.