Ultimate footy draft league idea

Started by upthemaidens, February 07, 2013, 02:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Ok folks,  i've got an idea for an 'Ultimate footy draft'.  Now I havnt totally flushed out the finer points ,but that can worked out if there enough interest from coaches...
     So it will be a league with just 6 coaches, first what would happen is a mini-draft where coaches will pick 3 clubs each..
i.e. Coach1 picks Collingwood, Coach2 picks Hawks etc.  in a normal snake draft.
   Coaches will end with 3 clubs i.e. Coach4 will have Carlton,North and Port etc.

Then when we do the player draft you will only be able to draft from your selected clubs.  Now I was thinking of having a set-up of 15 starters(4-5-2-4) and 10 bench with EMG. (so a squad of 25),, but only being able to trade a certain number of times at certain stages of the year, from the player pool thats left over(only from your selected clubs).

As an example; after the draft you'll only be allowed 5 player movements before the start of the year, then another trade period at round 12 of 5 trades.
    The down side will be no trading between coaches, but since theres many draft leagues/comps. this year I thought something alittle different could be fun.

The upside is the draft will be easy to pre-select since no one can take your players,, of course you'll have to keep in mind Byes and such, but thats equal problem for all. (think there maybe a way of making the byes not count towards league).

Like I said it only needs 6 coaches, so let me know if you think its something worthwhile trying and we can nut out the details.   Would do the drafts maybe the 1 or 2 weeks before the season starts, so we can check out rookies..
   cheers for reading.. :)

GM

Yeah sounds a unique idea Maiden,Im in.

upthemaidens

Quote from: greenmoon on February 07, 2013, 04:39:39 PM
Yeah sounds a unique idea Maiden,Im in.
Cool, i'm not sure if it will work (will having the best club be to big of an advantage? etc.) , but theres only one way to find out. I'll post some initial rules and we can tinker with them as we wish.

GM

Will the mini draft for clubs be done here or is there a place for this on Ultimate Footy?

upthemaidens

-An initial draft where teams will choose their 3 clubs
-An initial squad of 30 players taken from your 3 drafted clubs
-Structure 4-5-2-4 with 4 Emg.
- No double points for Captain
-After initial draft only 5 trade movements can be made before the start of round 4. These player trades will only be movements from squad to player pool (NOT between coaches).
- During the bye rounds(after rd.10?) unlimited player movements are allowed up until lockout of the last bye round (13?)
-  5 player movements will be allowed during finals.

So there will be 3 trade windows (which is just moving players from squad to pool).
    Draft - before rd.4  ,5 trades
    Rd 10- rd 13   , unlimited
    Rd 19-rd 23   , 5 trades  (thats if they are the final rounds, not sure on finals structure for 6 team league)

upthemaidens

Quote from: greenmoon on February 07, 2013, 05:50:35 PM
Will the mini draft for clubs be done here or is there a place for this on Ultimate Footy?
That can be done here on this thread pretty easy over the few days leading up to draft (which can be totally pre-seleted).
I would gather the coaches who do this will be regulars, so wont take long.

GM