Main Menu

Captain Maxwell

Started by Cruiseon, February 04, 2013, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I see Nick Maxwell has officially been returned by the players as Collingwood Captain. It will be his fifth year as leader and despite some noise for Pendles, no change was deemed necessary.

I'm fine with this, he is a great Captain and Collingwood (with the exception of the 1 year fill-in of Scott Burns) have a proud history of long serving Captains. The one question it raises - is he guaranteed a spot in the 22? 

Colliwobblers

I agree he is a great captain and a real steadying influence in the back 6, he is a lock in the best 22 for that reason. Better defenders exist but without the stability and influence he provides....

I think as soon as Pendles is ready tho maxwell is gone which is what makes it hard for the Pies to drop him as captain, for mine that would be one in the same as dropping him from the team altogether.

Pendles will make a fine captain but regardless of teams like geelong north dees promoting ultra young captains i don't agree with it.

this could be maxwells last year as captain = in the side or he may get one more again but i won't miss his footy as a fan but i think a lot of people under rate his influence on the field and how good a captain he is / has been.

i just like the idea of a captain playing in defence too, seems to make sense, feel right, the midfield is too busy and the fwds are too single minded on their part of the ground, the defender such as him who goes back but also pushes back seems to be a good spot for the captain to be on the park.