Main Menu

This year and the future

Started by POK252, January 27, 2013, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

As a Pies fan and footy fanatic alike I am so keen for footy season to come around. Having a look at our list I'm very excited for our prospects for this season and in the future. The way we recruited i think gives us an opportunity this year (recruitment of lynch) and into the future (3 top 20 picks) Last year wasnt a bad season but ultimately it wasnt a great one. With alot of unfortunate injuries it gave chances to young blokes who usually wouldnt get a game. This is exciting because we get to see the future coming through.  My best 22 for this season would be:

B: O'Brien Brown Toovey
HB: Shaw Reid Maxwell
C: Beams Ball Sidebottom
HF: Thomas Cloke Blair
F: Krakouer Lynch Fasolo
R: Jolly Swan Pendlebury
I/C : Young Goldsack Johnson Sub: Didak

The way i see it is the way we'll succeed is if the younger blokes put pressure on the older blokes and push them out of the side ala 2010. I think we have the best depth in the comp - Russell Macaffer Clarke Elliot Siclair Paine Seedsman Williams Keefe all with senior experience, all struggling to make the best 22. Add to that the 3 top 20 draft picks as well as the highly rated Witts and Josh Thomas and our cover is looking pretty good. This will allow us to mange players throughout the season so everyone is in good shape come finals.

Looking into the future (5 years time) and I think we could still be contending for flags (although GWS will be pretty decent) Take out the blokes whose birthday falls in 1985 or before and this is what you get :

B: O'Brien Brown Toovey
HB: Russell Reid Young
C: Thomas Beams Sidebottom
HF: Goldsack Cloke Fasolo
F: Elliot Grundy Macaffer
R: Witts Pendlebury Blair
I/C: Williams Kennedy Seedsman Sub : Sinclair

Obviously players come and go but this would be a decent side in 5 years I reckon. Could quite possibly have the best ruck duo in the comp with Witts & Grundy.

I'm pretty excited about the Pies this year and into the future. Obviously everything I've said has been biased and i know that so no need to call me a dickhead. So fellow Pies fans what do u expect from the side this year and in the future. For others, try and put your non hater cap on and give me your honest thoughts on the pies chances.

T Dog

Grazz

We were talking about the 8 for 2013 at our Aus Day BBQ yesterday and everyone was in agreement that the Pies would be top 4 material again in 2013.

Noz

I am having troubling getting a good reading on Collingwood this season i see their major flaws being goal kicking they scored 2123 points last season which was their lowest since 2007

Quintin Lynch will not be the big star most Collingwood fans are expecting in fact i would prefer to have kept Dawes if i were a Collingwood supporter. Lynch recently celebrated his 30th birthday a couple of days ago and he has never been the high power goal kicking forward yes he has kicked 281 goals in his career which pans out to be 28 goals a year.

Dawes did average 16 goals a year but him being 6 years younger will improve.

Travis Cloke is up there with a average of 34 goals a year.

I believe Lynch will cause more problems then he will solve and Collingwood will not make the top 4 this season. Lynch can no longer be the main man in a teams forward line especially in a team as strong as Collingwoods. If Cloke does go down (touch wood that doesn't happen, No not Cameron Wood) They will be sort out quite quickly and will struggle to find a big man capable of kicking multiple goals a game to get them over the line. Lynch can not do that.