WXV Coaching Position - Seoul Magpies

Started by ossie85, January 13, 2013, 12:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Hi guys,

Spinking has unfortunately resigned due to health reasons, and we wish him all the best. Has told me he is stepping down :(

If you are interested in taking over this position, please apply here telling us what you can do with this team.

His assistants are currently JBs-Hawks and KoopKicka, and they are free to apply.....

Applications close FRIDAY, and a vote will be taken on Saturday

The Seoul Magpies squad:

Defenders
Bryce Gibbs (mid)
Chris Yarran
Paul Duffield
Jordan Roughead (fwd)
Sam Darley
Nick Maxwell
Luke Thompson
Lachlan Keeffe
Jeremy Taylor
Luke Russell
Brandon Ellis
Joel Hamling
Jed Bews
Fletcher Roberts
Alex Brown
Kamdyn McIntosh

Midfielders
Bryce Gibbs (def)
Brett Deledio
Patrick Dangerfield
Tom Scully
James Kelly
Joel Corey
Heath Hocking
Xavier Ellis
Jude Bolton (fwd)
Taylor Hunt
Liam Anthony
Stephen Coniglio
Jack Newnes
Cameron Sutcliffe
Clancee Pearce
Dominic Barry
Jake Lloyd

Rucks
Ben McEvoy
Dawson Simpson
Jay Lever

Forwards
Josh J Kennedy
Jude Bolton (mid)
Jordan Roughead (def)
Brent Macaffer
Brett Ebert
Alwyn Davey
Liam Patrick
Murray Newman
Spencer White
Cameron Hitchcock

May help your case to choose a best 15.....

JBs-Hawks

Obviously I would like to continue on with the team and seeing as Im not sure if Koops will see this as he is in the US I would like it if he would join me as a Co-Coach. I will also continue with the Rookie Draft whilst the application and voting process commences.

My current best 15 would be.

Gibbs, Duffield, Yarren, Ellis (Darley, Maxwell)

Deledio, Dangerfield, Scully, Kelly (Corey, Pearce)

Mcevoy (Simpson, Lever)

Kennedy, Bolton, Roughead, Maccafer (Ebert, Davey)

Coniglio, Anthony.

Now theres two obvious weakness with this team, Forwards and back up rucks. I was planning to address this issue in the next trade window with a few talks already been in the works. Mids and Defence already sound so they can stay pretty much how they are, bit dissapointing that Hunt and Pearce lost there DPP but we will find ways around that if we get the job.

Thanks Guys I hope we get to continue working with Seoul :)

nostradamus

Already being a coach in EXV and AXV l'd have to decline. But something that jumps out at me str8 away with this team is the serious lack of forwards and the high likelyhood of not even having 4 to put on the ground alot of weeks.

So it might be worth clarifying.........

1. is there still a trade period, to try to remedy this ?

2. if not can any concessions be organised so the team can trade (l know, unlikely) ?

kilbluff1985

sorry to hear about this i don't like applying for a team under these circumstances but i am very keen for a WXV team

Def, Gibbs, Yarran, Duffield, Ellis

Mids, Deledio(VC), Dangerfield(C), Kelly, Scully

Rucks,  McEvoy

Forwards, Josh J Kennedy, Bolton, Roughead , Davey

Utilities, Coniglio, Anthony

TBH i really like this team the starting 15 is fairly strong plus it has some good depth i think Ellis will step up this year and force his way into the team that's why i have him in there i'm not sure if most people have Roughead , Davey in this teams best 15 but i put them in there as at least they played most of the games in 2012 Coniglio i think will force his way into the best 15 if he is not already also

i don't think i would want to change to much i might put Bolton on the table for a younger forward and some depth players on the table for forwards also as i feel this is obviously our weakest line and would like to get a solid performer in there or even a young up and coming forward other then that i like the starting 15 and don't want to do much to it

I was lucky enough that Holzman selected me to take over his BXV team recently i think most people would say i have been a welcomed addition to the league willing to help out Admins etc making sure the next person to pick received a message i feel like i am a worth addition to the WXV League i am also on at least a few hours a day so am easily contactable

i don't take these teams for granted i put a lot of effort into them researching players before i pick them in the draft etc i am an assistant to HP in WXV and EXV and he does not even have to ask me for my opinion i take the initiative and send him a PM with my preferences which he has mostly liked and taken players i suggested just pointing this out as another example of why i take these comps seriously

um i think that's it, thanks for reading

oh yeah worth noting if i get this team i wont apply for anymore as i believe people should not have more then 2 teams

ossie85

Quote from: nostradamus on January 13, 2013, 02:35:02 PM
Already being a coach in EXV and AXV l'd have to decline. But something that jumps out at me str8 away with this team is the serious lack of forwards and the high likelyhood of not even having 4 to put on the ground alot of weeks.

2. if not can any concessions be organised so the team can trade (l know, unlikely) ?

Cheers nostra. Yes, another trade period exists after the current rookie draft. But it will be a much stricter trade period and trades will be allowed only if player positional changes are involved....

No concessions. Spinking traded away forwards knowing the team's position

Nige

Sad to hear to the unfortunate news of Spinking having to step down, hope Seoul goes places under their new coach(es).

Upon seeing this thread for the first time, I had a think about it, but I'm happy with Cairo for the moment. Also, ML said he may have a think about promoting me to co-coach.

However, I'm definitely open to being the head coach of a WXV team in the future and will look for open positions in the future. Best of luck to all applicants.

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2013, 03:04:52 PM

Cheers nostra. Yes, another trade period exists after the current rookie draft. But it will be a much stricter trade period and trades will be allowed only if player positional changes are involved....

They lost Clancee Pearce as a forward (think some expected it, but some didn't) so would say they should be able to trade in another forward.

Good luck to whoever ends up getting the job :)

ossie85

Yup, Pearce would be the type of player you could trade...

Quote from: NigeyS on January 13, 2013, 03:05:54 PM
Upon seeing this thread for the first time, I had a think about it, but I'm happy with Cairo for the moment. Also, ML said he may have a think about promoting me to co-coach.

Yep, ML requested this. Will but that up for a vote the same time as this one

CrowsFan

Just to clarify the trading rules. Does that mean he would have to trade Pearce for a forward since Pearce lost the forward status, or can he trade any player for a forward and keep Pearce?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 13, 2013, 03:10:32 PM
Just to clarify the trading rules. Does that mean he would have to trade Pearce for a forward since Pearce lost the forward status, or can he trade any player for a forward and keep Pearce?

Yea^^ Was hoping that I could offload another mid and keep Pearce as a mid?

CrowsFan

Talking as if you already have the job JB :P

JBs-Hawks

Nah it was just a trade I was organising as Spinks assistant, IF i got the job id be going along the same plan :P

nostradamus

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2013, 03:04:52 PM

Cheers Ossie

would it be worth clarifying the rules more for prospective coaches?

*can they only trade their DPP afffected player

*can they only trade with teams who have also been affected with DPP changes (if this is the case it could be very restrictive)

*can they do multiplayers deals involving affected and non-affected players

.....anyway you get the gist of what l mean

ossie85

Cheers all - you can trade anybody as long as you are doing it because of a legitimate position change.... The team you are trading with doesn't necessarily have to be affected.

nostradamus

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2013, 03:29:34 PM

Cheers all - you can trade anybody as long as you are doing it because of a legitimate position change.... The team you are trading with doesn't necessarily have to be affected.

That's a great ruling Ossie, it'll make it alot more appealling to prospective coaches now