Do you support Tomic?

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 12:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

The kid has obvious talant, almost the Philippoussis mark 2, though Bernard has more talant

He apparently has worked hard, he's here in a battle trying to beat a great in Tommy Haas, but...

What do we think of him? Is he soft? Has he got the mental strength? Is he likable?

Questions arise of the prodigy but will he step up? Will he win our hearts?

Nige

No. He's awful. Flog Hunting on Facebook christened him the first ever double flog for a reason.  ::)

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on December 30, 2012, 12:27:23 AM
No. He's awful. Flog Hunting on Facebook christened him the first ever double flog for a reason.  ::)
Hang on who's this flog, flog hunting? Some wanna be who never got to be? Tall poppy syndrome lads :P

Bernard is a kid, he is yet to mature, he just won with a great effort at the Hopman, these facebook internet faceless wannaby's are dreaming :P

Think i'll leave my jugdement on court and not worry about facebook posers :P sure Bernard has a way to go but he's what, 20 years old ::)

Capper

cant stand him. But am on the Ashleigh Barty bandwagon

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on December 30, 2012, 12:37:41 AM
cant stand him. But am on the Ashleigh Barty bandwagon
This young, very young lady's supposed to be pretty dedicated! She's on coart next ;D, the other is young Luke Savvile, two time Junior wimbleton champ trying to make the mens grade

Nige

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 30, 2012, 12:36:20 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 30, 2012, 12:27:23 AM
Hang on who's this flog, flog hunting? Some wanna be who never got to be? Tall poppy syndrome lads :P

Bernard is a kid, he is yet to mature, he just won with a great effort at the Hopman, these facebook internet faceless wannaby's are dreaming :P

Think i'll leave my jugdement on court and not worry about facebook posers :P sure Bernard has a way to go but he's what, 20 years old ::)

I just don't like any aspect of him. His attitude, his antics, his game. And Flog Hunting just so happened to perfectly sum up how I feel about him, not once but twice so I can't help but agree with their sentiments.

Nige

Here are the two posts by Flog Hunting for da lulz, and for those who haven't read them.

QuoteBernard Tomic

Everyone, why so harsh? This guys is a hard working talented laid back Aussie who should be commended for his career achievements thus far.

Haaaaaaaaaa joking. This man is a flowering flog. I hate him more than what Chopper hates ears.

This big-nosed, floppy-eared imbecile had the audacity to refuse to train with Australia's greatest tennis player of the last 20 years, Lleyton "Rusty" Hewitt, simply stating that he was "too good". Turn it the flower up mate. Your attitude resembles the inside of the fur ball that my cat just brought up, and your brain is comparable to that of Charlotte Dawson.

I saw the scoundrel on schoolies a couple of years back. He was shuffling at a beach party. Need I say more?

Bernard, you aren't a hero, nor will you ever be. Please take a very hard right at the Westgate.

QuoteYeah we get it we have already posted him but this blokes antics of late are nothing short of him being crowned a double flog.

Look Bernie we have tried liking you but it was a bloody tough gig, claiming that your going to be better than Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, lazy on court performances, a stinking attitude and getting rid of that pearler of a missus has all contributed to Bernard Tomic becoming Flog Hunting's inaugural double flog.

We always had our doubts about the kid that even at the age of 12 had an ego bigger than Bill Lawrys nose. But the Australian public gave him a chance (including us) and what a dreadful mistake that was. One floggish act after another has led to Bernard having popularity levels on par with a Gina Rinehart sex tape.

We have had enough, this isn't the sort of behaviour we like to see from our Aussie tennis stars. Gone are the days of genuinely likeable players like Patty Rafter, Wayne Arthurs and Alicia Molik. This new age group of spoilt and arrogant players is giving Tennis a bad name. Similar to the way that Bon Jovi's girl gave love a bad name. Bernard, do Australia a favour and hand in your citizenship. Don't go past GO and don't collect $200.

PS: Pat Cash wants his headband back dickhead.

tbagrocks

When I was twenty I was a pretty stupid immuture little flog

How many of us can say to much different?

Wait three or four more years for him to grow up a little bit first maybe?

RiOtChEsS

Torpedo10

Quote from: Marcz on December 30, 2012, 09:54:09 AM
He is an Aussie... nuf said
Actually he was born in Germany and his family didn't leave Croatia (Formerly Yugoslavia) until he was 4.

JBs-Hawks

Grazz

Not much of a fan of his, i think he's a smartarse spoilt brat. He is a Poo mrk2 that is quiet apt for him. He has the talent but doesnt have the work ethic to reach his full potential. Talent alone wont get you to the top unless you work your butt off. When Pat Rafter thinks your a bit of knob you need to have a good look at yourself as they dont come any more decent than Pat. Being an Aussie may be enough for some to put all his negatives aside and support him regardless, this is admirable but for me you need to display the qualities of what makes an Aussie an Aussie and he has none of them. He could lose everytime he stepped on the court but if he had any of those qualities id be in his corner everytime. He doesnt and im not.

PowerBug

Quote from: Grazz on December 30, 2012, 01:09:55 PM
Not much of a fan of his, i think he's a smartarse spoilt brat. He is a Poo mrk2 that is quiet apt for him. He has the talent but doesnt have the work ethic to reach his full potential. Talent alone wont get you to the top unless you work your butt off. When Pat Rafter thinks your a bit of knob you need to have a good look at yourself as they dont come any more decent than Pat. Being an Aussie may be enough for some to put all his negatives aside and support him regardless, this is admirable but for me you need to display the qualities of what makes an Aussie an Aussie and he has none of them. He could lose everytime he stepped on the court but if he had any of those qualities id be in his corner everytime. He doesnt and im not.
You need to say no more. :) He thinks he can live on the 1mil he's already won, and doesn't give a stuff. Plus the way he plays is really offputting.

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on December 30, 2012, 01:09:55 PM
Well summed up Grazz - As you Phillipousis Mark 11.  Why is it the troubled ones seem to have fathers as coach/managers is there something there Look at Dokic as well. Thing that really puts me off Tomic though  is he makes big statements but never seems to back them up.  His US Open loss (the apparent lack of fight) finally turned me off him completely and even though he is an Aussie I will find it very difficult to support him.  Things may change but he has been given a 2nd chance already so not sure if they will.

valkorum

I am not a personal fan of his - I think it has already been mentioned what most of us think about him....... but I cant go past my Southern Cross and Green & Gold flag and continue to support him (only when he is playing a match) - afterall, he is still an Aussie and I bleed Australia and the Freo Dockers (this is a footy site :P)