BXV Coaching Vacancy

Started by Spinking, November 25, 2012, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Folks, an opportunity has arisen for a new coach to join the ranks of the BXV.  I am relinquishing control of the Newcastle Falcons and would like expressions of interest, ideally from coaches without a current senior role at an XV club.

The BXV follows a similar process to the WXV where interested coaches can express interest in the team, and the current coaches will vote on the candidate they most want to join their ranks.

Expressions of Interest should be placed in this thread and should respond to the following 3 questions:

1. What is your opinion of the current state of the team?

2. What changes will you be looking to make?

2. What is the benefit to the BXV by having you participate in our comp?

Team thread is here, and you should be aware of a trade that has been locked in and should be honoured.

Applications must be in by 7pm Tuesday.  Voting and the decision to be made on Wednesday.

Current Candidates:

SilkySkills
R.Griffen
JROO8
The FARK
Sid

AFEV

Interested for sure but don't want to deprive anybody of the opportunity to coach.

Best of luck everyone. :)

Spinking

Nice one Jay. Can easily find a trade panel replacement if you are successful ;)

AFEV

Quote from: Spinking on November 25, 2012, 08:52:54 PM
Nice one Jay. Can easily find a trade panel replacement if you are successful ;)
Where did the post from Jay go? ???

Spinking

Quote from: Sid on November 25, 2012, 09:34:52 PM

Jay has decided to co-coach with Lez. If you are keen Afev I think you should have a go. My understanding is that you aren't a solitary coach anywhere else - just a co-coach? If other up and comers put there hands up you could pull out...  :)

AFEV

Quote from: Spinking on November 25, 2012, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: Sid on November 25, 2012, 09:34:52 PM

Jay has decided to co-coach with Lez. If you are keen Afev I think you should have a go. My understanding is that you aren't a solitary coach anywhere else - just a co-coach? If other up and comers put there hands up you could pull out...  :)
Yeah might give it a go...

Will prepare something tonight and put it up in the morning. :)

PowerBug

1. Defence is the weakest line imo. Really liking the strong core of midfielders. Depth is lacking. Top 2 forwards won't be around for much longer.

2. Trying to vastly improve any side is really difficult, so the aim will be to make slight improvements with any trades made, but there won't be any hash trading, all trades will be thought through well.

3. Hmm tough one, I guess since i'm new to the forum a fresh face to communicate to and another point of view.

R.Griffen

1: Team is looking in great shape I just think your missing out a good defender.  Hunt might find more of the ball this season and looks a bash and crash player with skills to use. It would also be good to sneak in a forward.

2: The 2 top forwards are old as SilkySkills pointed out. The midfield could help get a better forward in (just wait and see what happens with Bartel.

3: I'm not the type of person who just wants to rush people into the team by making trades.
And sorry mate not a real fan of the trade but if it happen it wouldn't be the worst thing possible Jack Martin is going to be a great player.

I'm in no club and would love to be a part.

Nails

PHASIR

PHASIR PHASIR PHASIR PHASIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Ziplock

I like the team :P
you have hutn developing (presuming he doesn't move into a perma mid role), and howard and suban as well who should bth come along nicely. Imo, I'd sit on the team you have atm, but next year I would be using your first couple of picks in taking a talented mid and c/f.

I dont want the position though, just my 2c :P

Jay

Justin Bieber

I think Toga is at schoolies, but I think he deserves first crack. Sorry others :(

The F.A.R.K.

If noone takes it i just finished school and will be willing to take over

Just ask any of the euros coaches as my references ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 26, 2012, 02:59:15 PM
If noone takes it i just finished school and will be willing to take over

Just ask any of the euros coaches as my references ;)
...You have to answer the questions....

Jroo

I am already a coach in the Asia XVS and an assistant coach in all of the Euros, Worlds and Brithishs. I would like to apply for the job, but would be more than happy to give this opportunity to someone who isn't a head coach of a team.

1. What is your opinion of the current state of the team?
I like the team, looks strong and I like the trade in trade period 2 as it brings in some youth. Middield is super strong and the rucks are good, but the forward and backline could do with another gun.

2. What changes will you be looking to make?
Bring in a little bit of youth and try to improve the forward and backline. I do like trading and would look to do as much trading as possible.

3. What is the benefit to the BXV by having you participate in our comp?
I am online nearly everyday, so I will be active. I also like to trade.

As I said I am more than happy to let someone who isn't a coach of a XVS team to take this like SS or R.Griffen.