BXV Birmingham Dragons History

Started by kilbluff1985, November 25, 2012, 06:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Birmingham are being investigated by ADSA as we speak ;)

Ringo

And will be reviewing their sponsorship if players found guilty. 

Justin Bieber

I believe former Badgers players Andrew Mackie and Hamish Hartlett :o

Holz

My once glorious Birmingham are now being associated with essendon. I'm sorry kb ,now your the enemy ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Holzman on February 11, 2013, 12:51:14 AM
My once glorious Birmingham are now being associated with essendon. I'm sorry kb ,now your the enemy ;)

LOL mate you started the team as the Bombers only logical to have a black and red sash guernsey  ;D

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2013, 12:56:20 AM
Quote from: Holzman on February 11, 2013, 12:51:14 AM

LOL mate you started the team as the Bombers only logical to have a black and red sash guernsey  ;D

With all the drug references we should call it a" black and red slash" guernsey KB.. ;D

kilbluff1985

New recruit Miles was the leading possession getter in his first game of the season Bombers are hoping he has a good season.

Also Crouch another new recruit had the most possessions in a practice game yesterday vs Fremantle.

Bombers are keeping an eye on there talented youngsters .

kilbluff1985

Some very sad news coming out of the Birmingham Bombers camp regarding Jayden Pitt who may very likely have to give up his AFL career because of heart problems.

Bombers are very sad to here this and would like to wish Jayden all the best for his future.

kilbluff1985

Birmingham Bombers 2013 Official Delistings

D. Kerr
A. Didak
D. Brogan
D. Glass
J. Pitt
L. Pierce
B. Hartman
H. Schade
H. Hunter

would like to thank all of the above players for there services

kilbluff1985

Season Review

Well wasn't a bad season for the Bombers we were predicted to make the top 4 but ended up finishing 6th I was still happy with this considering how tight the top 8 is in 6th and won 2 less games then 1st and only 3 games separated 1st and 8th we did finish 3rd in total points and managed to make the Prelim we lost Hartlett to suspension and Lewis was a late out with these guys who knows what could have been I think overall considering our team is pretty young we are very happy and confident going forward

Some player reviews Murphy did not play anywhere near his normal standard and the Coach was not very happy we need a reliable Captain option we hope he can overcome this form slump next season, Wells was very up and down but finished up well, Ziebell was ok but would of liked to get more games from him, Cox, Lewis, Westhoff, Hartlett, Mackie, were all very good

Some big bolters for us this year were Crouch who is our future perma Captain, Hansen will be very handy as a defender for us next year, Clarke really stepped up claiming #1 ruck position pushing Cox forward

Hard to name a B&f Winner but would probably be out of Cox, Lewis or Mackie

Looking forward we a continuing our push for youth following last years trade season pushing out the older players for draft picks or youth players like Cox, Wells, Westhoff will be departing the club getting 2 1st round picks in return and a younger ruck to team up with Clarke, Rioli is also leaving us as we felt we needed another Captain option in David Zaharakis another very good young mid we are looking forward to him joining us hopefully next week along with Tom Bellchambers.

Looking at drafting plans we are going to have 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks, We have done some extensive research on potential Draftees and have a list of preferred players we feel our midfield stocks are pretty good I think we'll target rebounding defenders like the next Vlastuin or some M/F types but there are a couple of mids i'm very keen on if we can get them

I think the future is looking very bright for us and we look forward to it 

kilbluff1985

Trade 1
Birmingham Bombers give - Westhoff + Lycett
Blackpool Bunnies give Bellchambers + 2nd Round Pick 26

Our first trade of the off season has been approved

We would like to thank Westy & Lycett for there services and welcome Tom Bellchambers to the club

Reason for the trade was to get a young ruck so we could trade Cox for a draft pick, yes Westhoff may get R/F but we feel Belly might should get R/F also and is a bit younger Lycett is a promising young ruck to lose but will be fight for his spot for another year or two with Cox and Nic Nat and we feel pick 26 is a decent return for him 

kilbluff1985

2nd trade approved

Huddersfield Hawks give Zaharakis+Pick 47
Birmingham Bombers give Rioli+ B. Reid

Ok this was our 2nd trade for 2013/2014 trade period

We felt we needed another solid Captain option whilst Zaharakis may not be a gun premo he showed signs this year and had an interrupted pre season we feel if he can get a decent pre season in he can be a really be a valuable player and share some of Captaincy pressure with Murphy and Lewis we lose Rioli but feel he is to injury prone and would be surprised if he plays 18+ games next year Zaharakis also has injury concerns but at least it's not a reoccurring type injury like Rioli's hamstrings

kilbluff1985

3rd trade approved

Winchester Werewolves give Round 1 Pick 18
Birmingham Bombers give Dean Cox

With our 3rd trade we continued with our youth policy we loved having Dean at the club was a great club man but only probably has a year or two left in him we felt it was time to get something for him while we still could and we are pretty happy with pick 18 there are some good young kids we hope we can draft this year

Thanks for your service Dean

kilbluff1985

4th Trade Approved

Birmingham Bombers Give:  Nat Pick #16 + Nat Pick #34 + Nat Pick #70 + Nat Pick #88 + Nat Pick #106
Winchester Werewolves Give:  Mitch Clisby + Nat Pick #49 + Nat Pick #54 + Nat Pick #67 + Nat Pick #72

Another trade for the Bombers with Hartlett surely going to lose defense status and Glass being delisted due to age we really needed some defenders Clisby averaged 83 in Sportal in his first year and should be in Melbourne's best 22 now will be a great addition to the team

kilbluff1985

5th Trade

Bombers give: Daniel Wells
Hurricances give: NAT 13

Reason is just going with our youth policy pretty much