ossie85 is the best ever and always will be

Started by ossie85, February 19, 2010, 01:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I'm thinking of attacking from the front this year, without giving too much away, I'm thinking this as a forward line:

Goodes, Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Tippett, Dangerfeild <Dennis-Lane, Tapscott>

and topping up the midfield/ruck when needed with multi-positional players. I figure the midfield is where the cash cows are.

Thoughts?

MrRiosWan

A lot of forwards struggle for the consistancy compared with midfielders IMO. However you have probably got the pick of the bunch in that line up, with nearly all likely to score well week in week out. Personally I feel I lost points by investing too heavily in my forward line last year, but thats mainly due to the indifferent form of stars like Franklin, Roughead etc. You might be on to something, time will tell if you go through with it.

gerco

Monty discusses this in his cheat sheet 2010 a little bit.

I like the theory because of under-priced premium forwards (Franklin, Murphy, even Fev to an extent), coupled with rookies in the midfield (this where  the marquee rookies are this year) and bargain buys in the backline (Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt, Drum, Maguire, Raines, Jesse Smith).

I guess any theory has a certain amount of risk-reward, but personally I think this is a decent theory.

Blueboys

I think it could be the way forward! I am finding hard to fill the forward line and the rookies don't look half as good as the mid....

ossie85

Quote from: Blueboys on February 19, 2010, 03:10:53 AM
I think it could be the way forward!

Monty, ban him for bad puns  :P

Blueboys

JonnyHart

I think it could be the way forward! I am finding hard to fill the forward line and the rookies don't look half as good as the mid....

I reckon there are quality forwards that render this approach risky. Don't forget that if you stack your midfield with rookies and you're copping a donut because of injuries or omission, you have very little room to move. You'll need a lot of cash left over to trade out of it. Otherwise, it's a minimum two-trade recovery. Ouch...

http://thedailydream.wordpress.com/

ulahoopski

It's great in theory but like any other plan it's reliant on good luck. How many rookies are you going to have in the midfield? You can only upgrade once a week so you need a lot of luck to have a rookie rise in price enough to make it worthwhile to upgrade. Will they play three games? Will they get decent scores in each of those three games? Will there be another rookie who's played two games or less to downgrade to? Is it guaranteed that that rookie will play the following week(s)?
I know if it was my team each rookie would either play two games then get dropped, injured, suspended, die, or have a freak accident in the warm up! It's all about luck.

Blueboys

Quote from: JonnyHart on February 19, 2010, 03:57:03 AM

I reckon there are quality forwards that render this approach risky. Don't forget that if you stack your midfield with rookies and you're copping a donut because of injuries or omission, you have very little room to move. You'll need a lot of cash left over to trade out of it. Otherwise, it's a minimum two-trade recovery. Ouch...

http://thedailydream.wordpress.com/

But if you have players in the back or forward who play mid as a mmp it's not that risky....

JonnyHart

But you can't swap a non-multi-position-mid-rookie for a multi-position-mid-forward/mid-back. Apart from Rohan, there are no multi position quality rookie mids you could swap over if they aren't playing well or get injured.

I wish you luck, but I'm concerned you don't understand how the multi-position players work.

http://thedailydream.wordpress.com

ossie85

At the moment I have ziebell in the centre, who could then be swapped with any of Goodse, O'Keefe, Pav or Dangerfield if the midfield struggles somewhat.

Fairly confident I'll be ok though, as atm I've only got two rookie starters.

Blueboys

Quote from: JonnyHart on February 19, 2010, 05:15:50 AM
But you can't swap a non-multi-position-mid-rookie for a multi-position-mid-forward/mid-back. Apart from Rohan, there are no multi position quality rookie mids you could swap over if they aren't playing well or get injured.

I wish you luck, but I'm concerned you don't understand how the multi-position players work.

http://thedailydream.wordpress.com

So Rohan, Gray for Pav
Mitch Famer for Hodge

Think i got it!  ;D

Prospector_1

Blueboys

Things are looking gray now!  :P

Gumby now gray, gee can they wait until round 1!  ??? I sick of re-doing my team after ever news press!  ;D

Selwood4brownlow

im staying away from it. Loaded my foward line last year and failed. Have loaded my backs
goddard
enright
carrazzo
shaw
hodge