2012 Elxam Awards: The Relton Roberts Award (VOTE)

Started by c4v3m4n, November 01, 2012, 01:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

I will have to nominate the giant spud the self confessed DT Gun ;D all the bragging and where's the proof ;)

Spite

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 12:49:55 AM
I will have to nominate the giant spud the self confessed DT Gun ;D all the bragging and where's the proof ;)

I actually spoke to him via PM because I found his team. Took me ages, but got it via process of elimination and I can confirm that it appeared (and he said) that his team just missed out on top 100. I believe off the top of my head that it was something like the team that finished 104th.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Spite on November 03, 2012, 12:59:33 AM

I actually spoke to him via PM because I found his team. Took me ages, but got it via process of elimination and I can confirm that it appeared (and he said) that his team just missed out on top 100. I believe off the top of my head that it was something like the team that finished 104th.
He still gets the vote! I wouldn't care if he won, when claiming these things and people call you on it state your team and ranking! Just show a little humility like Grazz etc... Don't act like the most arrogant toad and expect anyone to have any respect for you, and he still has that dorky slogan ::)

Not having a go, just my reasoning for the spud of the year award ;D

Spite

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 01:06:02 AM
Quote from: Spite on November 03, 2012, 12:59:33 AM

He still gets the vote! I wouldn't care if he won, when claiming these things and people call you on it state your team and ranking! Just show a little humility like Grazz etc... Don't act like the most arrogant toad and expect anyone to have any respect for you, and he still has that dorky slogan ::)

Not having a go, just my reasoning for the spud of the year award ;D

Nah man that's fair enough! Just wanted to let people know he actually didn't spud up haha

stew42

He's been nominated in other awards, but I must nominate The F.A.R.K. for the most spuddish piece of shower I have had the misfortune to read on this site.
Exhibit A:
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
Im sorry to any swans fans but realistically their list is shower. Looking a few years down the track and you are screwed. Seriously their whole team is goodes, bolton, mumford. While players like Jetta, Jack, Rohan and Hannebry are young and exciting compared to the rest of the comp they arent up to scratch. They lack a tall foward and have lacked one since barry hall (cant understand why they gave up lewis johnston) and that is a huge problem. They have a decent engine room but a shower fwd line. Defence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre
Exhibit B:
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 11:40:46 PM
look all clubs can be bias but tbh the swans list is the laughing stock of the afl. No real fwd (sam reid is ok but no 50+ goals in a season fwd and jesse white is a spud), an injury prone midfield that will lose two of its best players in a few years, a ruckman who was at the best 3rd in line at the cats, and an ageing underperforming backline

You guys can think your team is as good as they are but seriously lets be honest they arent going to win a flag in the next 5-10 years and they wont finish top 4 anytime soon. Im not saying they are wooden spooner but id rather be a port supporter who are bottom list because they are actually going somewhere they have youth in their team they have young leaders they have good coaches and they have youth in very impotant positions i.e butcher in fwds, boak, ebert, jacobs in mids, pittard, o'shea in defence. if you are a swans supporter you dont really have anything to look foward to. With a top 4 team you can enjoy their success and with port and co. you can be excited about the future

you guys can get stuck in to me all you want after all this is a swans thread i expect bias but i dont really care these are my views and im not changing them
Exhibit C: (After some actual evidence)
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 14, 2012, 09:32:20 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 14, 2012, 01:10:25 AM
Lets break this down...

No real forward
Adam Goodes kicked 41 goals (15th Overall) playing half the time in the middle, this would have topped the goal scoring for 7 other clubs in the league.
Sam Reid (at 20) kicked 22. - Ranked 6th in league for contested marks (Goodes 8th) and 18th for marks inside 50 (Goodes 20th)

Injury prone Midfield
Goodes - Currently played the last 74 games in a row (he missed rnd 14 2008) then before that 204 in a row.
Kenndey - 48 games in a row since moving to Sydney
Bolton - Has missed 2 games in the last 7 years
ROK - Missed 4 games since 2004
Hannebery - Missed 4 games since debut Rnd 16 2009
McVeigh - Missed 6 games since 2006
Jack - Missed 6 games since 2008
Bird - Has missed 31 out of 93 games since debut in 2008 (He would be considered an injury issue)

Poor lead Ruckman

Mumford 2011 Stats
Hit outs - 662 - Ranked 4th in league
Hit outs Avg 33.6 per game - Rank 2nd in league
Hit out to advantage avg 12.8 per game - Rank 1 in league
Effective hit outs avg 16.8 per game - Rank 2nd  in league
Tackles - 94 - Ranked 1st vs other rucks
Contested Marks - 30 - Rank 7th vs other rucks
1% acts - 88 - Rank 4th vs other rucks

Not sure your from the hip comments really stack up too well against some real data??

hahaha im pretty sure we are talking about the next five years or so here not the current season. Realistically how many seasons does goodes and bolton have left.

These facts dont prove you have a foward coz goodes while he is a champion isnt going to be playing forever and if you look at reid yes he can take a mark but 22 goals. Butcher kicked 10+ in four games (might i add in his first season).

as for injury prone midfield you cant count rok. goodes or bolton because they are all ageing and are nearly gone. It is the youth that have real concerns and when your two best future prospects in hanners and jack have shown serious concerns with their knees and shoulder id be worried. Just coz they play during the season doesnt mean they didnt have injury interuppted pre seasons.

Mummy has had one decent year but honestly at geelong he was a spud. He needs to prove that he is a no.1 ruck with a few years of top level ruckwork not just 22 games.

look stats can be brought up for any team and im sure i could do up a page to prove facts for port or any other failing team but honestly if i was another clubs trading scout i wouldnt touch any swans players coz they arent good enough.
Exhibit D:
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 16, 2012, 09:43:41 AM

TBH i dont have the time on my hands to search and present statistics and even if i did i dont really care. Those are my opinions and I know they are opinions of others so that is all.
Closing statement:
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, these were without a doubt huge claims to make (using Butcher, who kicked 11 goals in the season, in 8 games, was a masterstroke), but two things make FARK even more of a spud.
a) His confession that he doesn't even care if he doesn't produce any evidence for his claim.
b) After the 2012 Grand Final, he has made no comment on that thread or even the Swans page. Seems to have confined himself to the EUROS page...
To quote My Chumps: "Will you change your opinion now FARK? You twat."
I rest my case. LAWYERED!!!

tl;dr: FARK is a spud

c4v3m4n

Looks like there are some strong candidates for this award...

Justin Bieber

Look at all these people talking about Fark so harshing behind his back. I thought you guys had been taught better.

JBs-Hawks

It's also farks opinion that tippett is a shower contested mark but went quiet when I showed him the stats with tippett sitting 3rd in contested marks this season.

stew42

Quote from: whatlez on November 03, 2012, 01:05:56 PM
Look at all these people talking about Fark so harshing behind his back. I thought you guys had been taught better.
It's not exactly behind his back, it would be to his face, but he's not acknowledging what we're saying

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: whatlez on November 03, 2012, 01:05:56 PM

Lol when its on a public forum whatlez, there's no backstabbing

Ziplock

in euros he tried to offer me moloney and horsely for marc murphy...

Justin Bieber

Fark doesn't check this area and hasn't been on much since school.

My Chumps

Quote from: whatlez on November 03, 2012, 01:16:14 PM
Fark doesn't check this area and hasn't been on much since school.
Lol, we posted similar things (maybe even harsher) in the actual thread, and there's no reason why he can't simply check his 'new replies' and see what we've said. Hardly backstabbing ::)
Sticking up for your mate is all well and good Lez,but FARK had this coming when he went into the Sydney thread and posted these outrageous opinions that insulted our club. The bloke's a potato.

tbagrocks

Fark is a massive spud, no question! But surely the "self confessed" DT Gun is a bigger spud! "(I don't like or agree with anyone and I am just the best and everyone should listen to me because I'm the DT gun!)"

Surely this spud has to be the biggest spud!

Justin Bieber

Yeah Fark can win and is a spud, but the abuse has gotten too much.