Main Menu

Crows 'tamper' affair

Started by Jay, October 24, 2012, 08:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 24, 2012, 06:11:20 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 24, 2012, 06:03:36 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 24, 2012, 05:57:47 PM
When this blows over, hopefully the person/people responsable for dobbing or reporting to the AFL get their sanction! Mountains out of mole hills

Crows went to the AFL themselves
Seems like it was written in the paper before the AFL probed, somebody, some reporter has stirred the pot.

The Crows apparently went to the AFL last Friday - the reporter (Emma Quayle from The Age) released the article today.

valkorum

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/statements-from-adelaide-and-the-afl-20121024-285e9.html

QuoteAdelaide has released the following statement about the Kurt Tippett contract controversy:

"The Adelaide Football Club can confirm that it is currently subject to an AFL investigation. The process began when the Adelaide Football Club notified the AFL of its concern relating to the matter and submitted relevant information to the League. The Club welcomes the investigation and continues to assist the AFL with its enquiries. Until the matter has concluded, the Club will not be in a position to make any further comment.

Mailman the 2nd

Inb4 Adelaide suspended for the year from playing

Seriously though someone is in trouble

Chopps

ok Valk i see how it breaches the rules and thanks for the clarification, not really seeing where the harm is. it doesnt effect sydney and tippet was leaving the crows regardless only way this now benefits the crows if tippet is deregistered he wont be an opposition player

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on October 24, 2012, 05:47:21 PM
SEN reporting that if the Crows are found guilty they will be fined $800k, Tippett will be deregistered and the Crows will lose their first round draft pick.
That would be pretty bad for footy if Tippett can't play next year. Hope it's not the case

kilbluff1985

When this blows over, hopefully the person/people responsable for dobbing or reporting to the AFL get their sanction! Mountains out of mole hills

Seems like it was written in the paper before the AFL probed, somebody, some reporter has stirred the pot.

if it's true then good on them for stirring the pot

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Chopps on October 24, 2012, 06:18:35 PM
ok Valk i see how it breaches the rules and thanks for the clarification, not really seeing where the harm is. it doesnt effect sydney and tippet was leaving the crows regardless only way this now benefits the crows if tippet is deregistered he wont be an opposition player

I'm pretty sure the penalty still gets applied to Adelaide as well so it doesn't benefit them at all

Jay

Quote from: JROO8 on October 24, 2012, 06:20:24 PM
SEN reporting that if the Crows are found guilty they will be fined $800k, Tippett will be deregistered and the Crows will lose their first round draft pick.
That would be pretty bad for footy if Tippett can't play next year. Hope it's not the case
meh he deserves it

valkorum

I think it would be pretty good for footy - I have never rated Tippett (I rate NRoo better than Tippett and I dont rate NRoo).  I couldnt believe the Neil Craig preferred to play Tippett over Tex

Chopps

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 24, 2012, 06:21:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the penalty still gets applied to Adelaide as well so it doesn't benefit them at all

no i realise that and that would be bad but how does this agreement effect the draft or anything for that matter.
no agreement = tippet to sydney
an agreement = tippet to sydney

the outcome wasnt going to change regardless

Chopps

Quote from: valkorum on October 24, 2012, 06:23:09 PM

I think it would be pretty good for footy - I have never rated Tippett (I rate NRoo better than Tippett and I dont rate NRoo).  I couldnt believe the Neil Craig preferred to play Tippett over Tex

with you on the tex over tippet

Jroo

Quote from: Jayman on October 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
meh he deserves it
Adelaide won't get anything in return? Wouldn't you rather he plays for the Swans as at least you get a pick and Jesse White (lol)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Chopps on October 24, 2012, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 24, 2012, 06:21:31 PM

no i realise that and that would be bad but how does this agreement effect the draft or anything for that matter.
no agreement = tippet to sydney
an agreement = tippet to sydney

the outcome wasnt going to change regardless

Sorry you're right I misread your previous post

You never actually said the whole situation benefited them so you're right

Chopps

Quote from: JROO8 on October 24, 2012, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
meh he deserves it
Adelaide won't get anything in return? Wouldn't you rather he plays for the Swans as at least you get a pick and Jesse White (lol)

yep would be better then nothing just like if no trade was happening better to get something then let him slide to the draft

Capper

Quote from: valkorum on October 24, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

The Crows apparently went to the AFL last Friday - the reporter (Emma Quayle from The Age) released the article today.
also hearing that Kurt's old man or manager may have started the saga