WXV Coaching Vacancy

Started by Purple 77, October 11, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

With the unfortunate departure of ossie85, he has confirmed to me he does not intend to remain, or go back to being the WXV coach of the Seoul Magpies. So the position is now open to any current FanFooty member basically, so if you want to become a WXV coach, post your interest here. But if you want to be a WXV coach, like how Ringo was selected to coach the London Royals, applicants must submit their respective starting 15 from Seouls' list and include a brief summary on what you would do with the list and anything else that you would think would make you a suitable coach for the Seoul Magpies. Once the applications have been submitted, a PM will go out to a representative of each club (currently stands at 16) asking them to rank their choices for the job from 1 to how many apply (1-5, 1-3, 1-7 etc...).

Any applications must be submitted by Saturday 11:59:59 pm AEDST

It also appears likely that another coaching job might need to be filled for the Moscow Spetsnaz, but meow has until the 22nd of October to come back or he gets the flick. If that happens, any who applied and failed for the Seoul Magpies position will automatically go back in the running and another vote will be taken.

ossie85 boasts an impressive list that many amongst the WXV community believes is top 4 quality.

Bryce Gibbs
Ben McEvoy
Brett Deledio
Patrick Dangerfield
Josh J Kennedy
Chris Yarran
Tom Scully
James Kelly
Paul Duffield
Chris Dawes
Joel Corey
Heath Hocking
Hayden Ballantyne
Xavier Ellis
Jude Bolton
Jason Gram
Liam Anthony
Rhys Stanley
Nick Maxwell
Matthew Scarlett
Brent Macaffer
Brett Ebert
Luke Power
Charlie Dixon
Luke Thompson
Lachlan Keeffe
Matthew Warnock
Jeremy Taylor
Dawson Simpson
Alwyn Davey
Luke Russell
Rhys Cooyou
Liam Patrick
Nicholas Winmar
Eric MacKenzie
Tom Lonergan
Josh Thomas
George Burbury
Anton Hamp
Stephen Coniglio
Joel Hamling
Murray Newman
Jay Lever
Jed Bews
Brad Dick
Fletcher Roberts
Alex Brown
Cameron Sutcliffe
Clancee Pearce

Link for team thread here

Seem fair everyone?

PS: I only took the liberty of making this thread because no one expressed any objections to it

Current Apllicants:

Torpedo10
KoopKicka
JROO8
Jayman
tbagrocks
Adamant and tor01doc
tabs
Spinking
the flying hawk
BB67th
JBs-Hawks

Voting Closes at Tuesday 16th 11:59:59pm AEDST

But bare in mind, if all votes are received by then, winner will be notified ASAP

Once I notify the winner, I will start a Press Conference Thread and the Winner will address the WXV community for the first time

Torpedo10

I would like to apply for ossie's team.  :)

My starting 15 would be on Fanplanner changes:

Defence: B Gibbs, C Yarran, P Duffield, J Gram
Midfield: B Deledio(C),P Dangerfield(VC), J Kelly, L Anthony
Ruck: B McEvoy
Forwards: Josh J. Kennedy, C Pearce, H Ballantyne, C Dawes
Interchange: S Coniglio, J Bolton

Emergency 1: H Hocking
Emergency 2: X Ellis
Emergency 3: R Stanley

Summary: The Seoul Magpies have a very well structured team all round. They have a young team which I could build on. Deledio, Gibbs, Dangerfield, McEvoy & JJK could lead the team very well. I would turn this team into a top 4 team which it has the potential to be. I CAN bring out the full potential and I won't make silly trades or moves. I make sure I get a good deal. I feel that having 2 teams I don't have as many as some others but I have enough to have lots of experience. I understand that in WXV you have to be as premium as any other comps and I can do that. I am ranked in the top 2.5k in Supercoach in 2012 so I understand the game very well and I could be a great coach in the WXV.  :)

Justin Bieber

Purple 77

Quote from: whatlez on October 11, 2012, 08:51:44 PM
Can I vote as a in looker?

Sorry whatlez  :( would seem strange for a person who is not heavily involved (i.e. A coach) in the WXVs to have a major say in this, nothing personal

meow meow

Is that Saturday 11:59:00 pm AEDST or Saturday 11:59:59 pm AEDST ?

KoopKicka

Has a PM been sent off to Phas yet? :)

Anyway, I would also like to apply for the senior coaching gig.

My First 15 for the Magpies:

D: Bryce Gibbs, Paul Duffield, Jason Gram, Chris Yarran
M: Brett Deledio, Patrick Dangerfield, James Kelly, Steven Coniglio
R: Ben McEvoy
F: Josh J Kennedy, Clancee Pearce, Hayden Ballantyne, Shannon Byrnes
U: Liam Anthony, Tom Scully

E: X Ellis (DEF), J Bolton (MID), Chris Dawes (RUC/FWD)

Sure, there are many more deserving people for this spot, many of whom haven't got a team, and to be honest, I wouldn't be disheartened at ALL, if it went to them if the rest of the 15s comp felt that was the right thing to do. But, I thought I'd try out anyway, just in case none of them are deserving enough. I was Bombers assistant from July 2012 through to September 2012, I had no say in any of his drafting moves and left because I wasn't involved enough. I currently am in possession of the Asian XV's team the Kathmandu Eskimos, who may have said will push top 4 next year, I am also assistant to Whatlez and JB in the Euros and Brits respectively as well, and I tery to offer as much information as I can. I also was late for the Royals application by about 12 hours I believe :P (Darn you family commitments! :P)

As for the list, I would target another forward, as I dont believe Macaffer, Dawes and Byrnes rotating F4 will be sufficient enough, Also will target some more DPP versatility if possible, but Oss has done a smashing job with this team, extremely sad to se him go! :(

But yeah, I'm sure there's more deserving, but I thought Id put my interest forward anyway! Thank you for all your time! :)

KK

Jroo

Sad to see Ossie go, but would be happy to apply for the job
Starting XV
B: Gibbs, Yarran, Duffield, X.Ellis
M: Deledio, Dangerfield, Kelly, Anthony
R: McEvoy
F: Kennedy, Ballantyne, Pearce, Byrnes
U: Scully, Congilio
I would look to improve the forward line and backline but The midfield and rucks are strong. Dangerfield, Deledio, Congilio, Gibbs and Duffield look great and would be untouchable.

I love Supercoach and finished in the top 500 overall this year and would really want to take over this team. I am currently the head coach of the UAE Tigers (started 2 weeks ago). Even though I am new to the XVs competition I have learnt a lot over the last week from the Asia XVs and really enjoy being a XV coach. I will be very committed and am online everyday of the offseason. Thanks
Here is my team thread http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68409.0.html

Jay

Hey guys :) Before I get underway with my write-up just want to say that it would be an honour taking over the Magpies from the great Ossie. I cannot promise the team thread would look as good but I would do my very best if I get chosen. Just to make it clear to everyone, yes I do have a 15s team in the Asians competition, I dont wont to be misleading anyone and as much as it may surprise some of you, AXV will always be my focus as I drafted it myself and feel it is the property of Jayman where as the Magpies foundation was built by Ossie. In saying that, I would put every effort possible into this role. I would need to have some capable assistants if I get chosen as I cannot let having two 15s teams come in the way of other priorities in life.

PROJECTED BEST LINEUP FOR 2013
DEF: Gibbs, Yarran, Duffield, Ellis
MID: Deledio, Dangerfield, Kelly, Scully
FWD: Kennedy, Pearce, Ballantyne, Stanley
RUCK: Mcevoy
INT: Anthony, Corey
EMG 1: Gram
EMG 2: Dawes
EMG 3: Bolton
Captain: Brett Deledio
Vice-Captain: Patrick Dangerfield

Involved a bit of guess work with guys like Danger, Gibbs and Deledio due to MPP and also how players will peform at new clubs eg. Dawes. However I believe I have listed a strong team and one that can make serious finals inroads and if all goes well, maybe win it all! This list I think needs an extra premium forward and maybe a back, I'm sure we would be able to sort something out in trade week to fix this problem.

Thanks for your time :)

tbagrocks

Hi, my name is tbag and I would like to offer my services to the Seoul Magpies football club.
    I am currently Head Coach at the new Asian football team, the Tibetan Llamas. I recruited with a plan there as the good players were going fast after my initial recruiting of, Dangerfield, Ebert, Dustin Martin, Hanely, Duffield, McIntosh and Kelly, I went then with Wallis, Cameron Zac and Dev Smith.  I beleive this was smart recruiting and I plan to be around long enough to see the fruit.
    I am deeply committed to the 15's and am an assistant in th Worlds with the Bears and British with the Owls, I am very keen to join the ranks at the top league and beleive I have what it takes, my Llama team thread will prove how committed I am

Tibetan Llamas team thread
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66638.0.html

my team for 2013 will look something like this

Back: Duffield, Gibbs, Yarran Gram
Mids: Dangerfield, Delidio, Scully, Kelly
Ruck: McEvoy
Fwds: Pearce, Russell, Kennedy, Ballantyne
Ut: Corey, Anthony
Captain: Delidio, VC: Dangerfield

The list is strong and I would look to tweek some things like trying to get a forward, I will not be trading like I have at the Llamas or in the role I played with the Bears, they were different scenarios. I have done extensive research with my Llama drafting and have a vast knowledge of the AFL player especially fantasy wise, and the up coming Draft

I have people willing to testify to my committment and knowledge of the game With Colliwobblers and Monstrom

Quote from: monstrum on October 11, 2012, 05:52:46 PM
Hey mate thanks for helping me with those trades with The HeadHunters in AXV. If only i had you to help me in BXV with the Lobsters then I may have traded smarter ;)

Much more confident going into the nat draft with the research you've shown me so thanks for that as well :)
Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 11, 2012, 02:27:45 PM
will do put me down as a reference :) not sure if they will be doing what they told us to do and get new coaches in or use existing coaches like yourself that already have 15s teams but i will certainly put in a good word for you.

I hope you will consider me to be a viable option to Coach the Seoul Magpies and I hope I can be as much a part of the Worlds as I am in the Asians.

Justin Bieber

Damn I just realised if I stayed as Ossie's assistant I would of been given this team :(

Oh well... Next time...

Go Dublin.

tor01doc

Well that is bad news. ossie is an FF favorite (please disregard any applicants who use a capital o for ossie because they obviously aren't very close to him - a bit like the distant nephew delivering your dear old neighbour's eulogy calling her Gladys when everyone knows  ::) her name is just dear old Glad! and you can just tell he wants the money (your money) that she promised you for cutting her toenails for all those years.)

Anyway, a syndicate has arrived to offer their services - free of charge thankyouverymuchindeed - to take over the poor Magpies of Seoul.
A pair of nitwits - one from the west (Freo supporter - poor sod) and one born and bred in Hawthorn (who by the way hates poor kicking for goal unless it is by Geelong in 2008) have agreed to terms and are keen to take on the job.

Combined we have been FF junkies for over 3 years, have totalled 3531 posts, have a positive cheer to boo ratio by a margin of 231 (and haven't even had time to cheer each other up the poopa) and have a hell of a lot of time and energy to devote to the whole World of XV's.

The team seems pretty solid - as you would expect our dear friend ossie (little o you sicophantic pretenders) - and as to what we will do to improve it - well that would be telling wouldn't it?

I know of at least 4 applicants that are struggling in Asia already so their requests should be disregarded at once.

ADAMANT and tor01doc AKA Dr Evil AKA Doc AKA ET would like to formally apply for the coaching job left vacant by ossie's unexpected departure.

Thank you for your time and please feel free to carry out your due diligence and PM both / either / neither of us if you should have any questions that may help your decision.

A very good night to you all.

xx

AA and ET

tbagrocks

Don't see how bagging other prospective coaches is a good application but hey each to their own I guess. Struggling in Asia? who whould that be :o Asia s one of the finest, most active, light hearted comps in the world!

Justin Bieber

Yeah Torc, stop bagging everyone. I think the World's job should go to former assistant, whatlez :P

::)

Maca24

All I can say is I'm glad only 1 of you get the job :P

Capper

i would like to put my name forward for the role as well

I would start with
Defence: B Gibbs, P Duffield, X Ellis, C Yarran
Midfield: B Deledio, P Dangerfield, J Corey, T Scully
Ruck: B McEvoy
Forwards: J J Kennedy, C Pearce, H Ballantyne, C Dawes/Stanley
Interchange: L Anthony, S Coniglio

Emergencies: J Kelly, C Dawes/Stanley