Main Menu

Drafting?

Started by aces-high, October 09, 2012, 07:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

Who do you think we should go after in the draft this year? Personally, I'm hoping Stringer falls through to us at pick 9! The guy could be anything if he gets his confidence up at afl level. Good height for a forward, can play on ball and down bak if needed. Would be perfect! We also need some inside midfielders and a talented back up ruckmen for maric. What do all you other Tiger fans think and what are your opinions? :)

quinny88

Not sure what the ruck depth is like in this years draft, but a good young ruckman is pretty important to us.
If Maric was to miss an extended period anytime over the next few years we would be screwed at this stage. Gus and Brown are 2 of the most uncoordinated blokes getting around and Vickers isnt much of a ruckman either

Jroo

I really like Oliver Wines but don't think there is much chance of him slipping to us at pick 9  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

tbagrocks

Don't think Richmond need go for a mid when that's their strong suit, guys like Stringer, Mayes, Menzel, Plowman, Kennedy going around, I think Mayes will be gone and Troy Menzel adds nicely to the forward line!

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 09, 2012, 09:50:34 PM
Don't think Richmond need go for a mid when that's their strong suit, guys like Stringer, Mayes, Menzel, Plowman, Kennedy going around, I think Mayes will be gone and Troy Menzel adds nicely to the forward line!
Can we trust his knees?

tbagrocks

I recon with the list they've got and adding Knights, Chappy, and aybe Jacobs, Menzel is a rick the Tigers can afford to take!

Jroo

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 09, 2012, 09:56:27 PM
I recon with the list they've got and adding Knights, Chappy, and aybe Jacobs, Menzel is a rick the Tigers can afford to take!
Yer well Menzel does have a lot of talent and if can somehow stay injury free, he will be a steal at pick 9!