Main Menu

Club World Cup

Started by Holz, September 26, 2012, 05:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

The Club World Cup will be going ahead next year. Every team in each of the 4 clubs will be entered into the competition with the top 16 teams being seeded and the other 48 being randomised to make a draw similar to a tennis grand slam. The number 1 and 2 seeds  will be on opposite sides of the draw and will not be able to play till the grand final.

It will run for 6 weeks with each game a knock-out match. The rankings and scoring for each week will be based on equivalent scoring, which means all teams scores will be adjusted to the same scoring manner. the way this will be done is described below.

I will calculate the average weekly score of each comp for the first half of the 2013 season. So for example lets say its this.

Worlds 130
Euro 125
Asia 140
British 150.

I will adjust all games to the worlds. So if your a euro team you do 130/125= 1.04 so whatever you score will go up by 4%.

If your a British team its 130/150 = 0.87.   

So lets say its Nails British Team v HPs Euro team.

Nails scores 147    so 147 * 0.87 = 127.89
HP scores 125       so 125* 1.04 = 130

Nails is eliminated and HP goes through to the next round.

Purple 77

Justin Bieber

roo boys!

Spinking

Great idea!

Just a quick one - will the seedings be based on some games next season, on this years results, or using a formula?

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on September 26, 2012, 06:26:42 PM
Great idea!

Just a quick one - will the seedings be based on some games next season, on this years results, or using a formula?

the cup will be in the second half of the season so the rankings is purely on the first half of 2013. So i will be working out your average for the first half of the season, than doing the scoring adjustments.

So like above if you average 135 in the euro in the first half of the season. You will have a ranking score of 140.4

Ringo

Will be great Holz but sounds like a fair bit of work with the weightings.  But if the rukes are spelt out up front as they are now should be no arguments.

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on September 26, 2012, 09:32:27 PM
Will be great Holz but sounds like a fair bit of work with the weightings.  But if the rukes are spelt out up front as they are now should be no arguments.

shouldn't be too much work for me actually. I just get the scores from all the work of the 4 people organising the comps than just do abit of excel work.

The Euro on the other hand takes ages.

ossie85

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on September 26, 2012, 05:48:43 PM
So lets say its Nails British Team v HPs Euro team.

Nails scores 147    so 147 * 0.87 = 127.89
HP scores 125       so 125* 1.04 = 130

Nails is eliminated and HP goes through to the next round.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sounds great Holz! Hopefully goes smoothly 8).

elephants

Very keen mate! All looks very exciting :D

Justin Bieber

It's going to be awkward when whatlez will have the last two teams left...

;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on September 30, 2012, 06:37:01 PM
Quote from: whatlez on September 30, 2012, 05:53:12 PM
It's going to be awkward when whatlez will have the last two teams left...

;D

even more akward when I quote this after your euro squad goes out round 1.
Awkward* and I didn't say my Euros team :o

elephants

So, without bias and all that, who is legitimately the favourite for this?