Inter-league Comps

Started by ossie85, September 25, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2012, 06:57:48 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 16, 2012, 01:57:36 PM
Two teams to voluntarily sit out? Maybe two development teams who don't want to overplay their youg kids? ;)

Quote from: Holzman on September 26, 2012, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 26, 2012, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: Holzman on September 26, 2012, 12:26:54 PM
With 25 of 29 votes wanting the KO cup and the champs league looks like I will be running that next year. All 64 teams will be in the comp with the top 16 seeded. Battling it out over 7 weeks for glory.

6 weeks I think Holz (64 --> 32 --> 16 --> 8 -->4 --> 2)

Really looking forward to that though!

Right as usual Ossie. Looking good though. [ b]I think my Serbian eagles will get a decent seeding and are a chance to take it[/b]

Looks as though Belgium and Serbia will join forces as they fly the flag for the Euros XV!!

Serbian bashers would be solo overpowered.

I think most and I would be the scariest though.

Swan ablett pendles lids Boyd barlow would be crazy.

Your mids and ruckmen, our forwards and depth. The backline? Well.. Gibbs, God, Stanley, Birch ;)

Maca24

We need to factor in that leagues with 16 teams will have stronger teams than the 18 team league of worlds.

BB67th

I think that if you are mulitplying the scores by a factor which gives an even average to all of the comps scores, you are taking in all of the factors as teams are already scoring to a degree based on the strength and numbers of their competition.

Holz

Quote from: BB67th on December 16, 2012, 10:22:39 PM
I think that if you are mulitplying the scores by a factor which gives an even average to all of the comps scores, you are taking in all of the factors as teams are already scoring to a degree based on the strength and numbers of their competition.

Yep that's it I'm using a weighting system which should give everyone a fair chance. The British teams will score the most and the euro the least but this will all be accounted for.

Ziplock

the weighting is done basically by comparing teams in your own competition (euros compared to other eurs,british to other british), to deviswe a weighting system meaning that the higher scoring of some comps and thedifferent number of teams in others won't actually affect the game play.