Inter-league Comps

Started by ossie85, September 25, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Hi all, the other thread seems to be going a little round in circles, so how about we do a poll to decide?

Think the first poll should be what is actually going to be run next year...

Then we can decide what the rules/formats will be..

Does this sound fair to everyone?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on September 25, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Hi all, the other thread seems to be going a little round in circles, so how about we do a poll to decide?

Think the first poll should be what is actually going to be run next year...

Then we can decide what the rules/formats will be..

Does this sound fair to everyone?

Sounds good ossie. :)

Colliwobblers

1. I think Holz should be allowed to run his knockout cup.

WHY: Every 15's team in every competition will have named a squad already for the weeks it runs. So there is ZERO extra effort involved for any coach of any team. And it is a good thing in including ALL 15's teams in an inter-15's tournament, where NOT ALL 15's teams will get to participate in the champions league - rightfully so.

2. I think STRONGLY, however c4 runs the champions league that it should TRY HARD TO include a balanced amount of teams from each 15's league, (the best of each league ) The champions, isn't that what's it's all about.....

3. I don't have any problem with the Asians and the British sitting the 2013 champions league out, although i DO think it would be all the better and more interesting and more VALID with all included.

Ziplock

I would prefer a 4 way knock out comp, but just champs and euros for champs league (this year).

tbagrocks

GET YOUR SUCCESS NOW OR MISS OUT

The Llamas are coming for ya, once we develope, like GWS you will all fear the Llama!

monstrum

kinda agree with zip.. don't see who would get the call up from brittish or asians anyway?..  :-\

Nails

I vote all 4 :o for both

Quote from: monstrum on September 25, 2012, 05:40:28 PM
kinda agree with zip.. don't see who would get the call up from brittish or asians anyway?..  :-\

It's not meant to start until like mid-season IIRC... therefore we'd have a rough idea of the best teams by then.

monstrum

fare enough then cheers nails.

i floated my scoring idea of this ages ago when we were talking about the cross league comps..

how would the scoring work?

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on September 25, 2012, 05:27:35 PM
I would prefer a 4 way knock out comp, but just champs and euros for champs league (this year).

I agree with this Zip. The champions league should just be for the top 4 finishing sides of last year. Unfortunately that means no asian or British teams this year for that comp.

Thats why im strongly in favour of having the club world cup running alongside it so every team in the comp gets a shot at running in. So teams that were weak last year but have improved can have a shot at winning along with asian and british teams.

I dont see why you would be opposed to having the two. 

Ziplock

I would say top 8 this year since there's only 2 comps

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 25, 2012, 05:16:06 PM
1. I think Holz should be allowed to run his knockout cup.

WHY: Every 15's team in every competition will have named a squad already for the weeks it runs. So there is ZERO extra effort involved for any coach of any team. And it is a good thing in including ALL 15's teams in an inter-15's tournament, where NOT ALL 15's teams will get to participate in the champions league - rightfully so.

2. I think STRONGLY, however c4 runs the champions league that it should TRY HARD TO include a balanced amount of teams from each 15's league, (the best of each league ) The champions, isn't that what's it's all about.....

3. I don't have any problem with the Asians and the British sitting the 2013 champions league out, although i DO think it would be all the better and more interesting and more VALID with all included.

1. What if coaches want to enter a different team in the knockout cup? :o

2. It will be the best of the best in the Champs League Colli. Wouldn't have it any other way. Had a new idea about the champions league which I think everyone can agree on. Finalists of each 15's competition from the previous year gains immediate entry into the following year's CL with the other two spots from each comp to be filled by the top teams in my ranking system as wildcard entries. :)

3. I too reckon they all should be included, but more than happy if people vote otherwise. :)

Colliwobblers

@ c4

1. - they are welcome to enter a different line-up for the knock out cup if they choose to, but if not = ZERO EFFORT.

2. - agree with you, this sounds like the best of "all" worlds...

3. - agree with you agreeing with me.

:)

Noz

What if we have a champions league where the top 2 from each competition qualify. For Asians and British we split into 2 groups each and have a Pre season knockout competition the 4 winners of there groups join the worlds and euro in the champions league.

Then again I think having all teams in a competition would be fun.

roo boys!

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 25, 2012, 06:50:33 PM

2. It will be the best of the best in the Champs League Colli. Wouldn't have it any other way. Had a new idea about the champions league which I think everyone can agree on. Finalists of each 15's competition from the previous year gains immediate entry into the following year's CL with the other two spots from each comp to be filled by the top teams in my ranking system as wildcard entries. :)

I like this idea c4!

I think KO comp + Champs league will be good, let's get them both started as soon as possible IMO!

Holz

With 25 of 29 votes wanting the KO cup and the champs league looks like I will be running that next year. All 64 teams will be in the comp with the top 16 seeded. Battling it out over 7 weeks for glory.