Main Menu

Who is Kenny Williams

Started by valkorum, September 24, 2012, 11:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

What is special about Kenny Williams and why does he lead the song?

I dont mean this in a disrespectful way, just want to know why he gets to lead the song.  I completely respect having blokes like this at your footy club.  The live and die by the club and that is fantastic

My Chumps

I actually have no idea  :P

He's been at the club for like, 50 years or something ridiculous like that...

Capper

I am pretty sure he is the number 1 ticket holder and a life member of the Swans

Cicjose

he is a glorified supporter that was given permission to take part by Paul Roos in the song

and no he isnt the number 1 ticket holder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number-one_ticket_holder

Mr.Craig

Thought this was amusing...

"Kenny Williams is the man that fills quite a few important roles at the club. One of which is “conducting” the singing for the playing group (yes, as if we’re a choir) for the victory song after a win. He starts us off (usually yelling mostly a few expletives) and then we all follow his intro with the actual song. When you look at Kenny you’re not sure if he’s attempting to conduct the singing, or in fact swinging his arms about to simply gain balance and not fall over (sometimes it’s a combination of both). If there’s one thing that Kenny isn’t lacking it’s a passion for the Swans… and we all love him for it!"

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/132759/default.aspx

valkorum

The video is good in that article - Ted Richards with the Falcon

hannebery2rohan

Legend. Moved up to Sydney when the Swans did back in 81.

SydneyRox

I love watching this guy!!

Even my wife knows who he is from watching the games!!

Kellogscrunchynut

I thought he was an old captain or something along the lines of that.

mx187

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 24, 2012, 05:55:01 PM
When you look at Kenny you’re not sure if he’s attempting to conduct the singing, or in fact swinging his arms about to simply gain balance and not fall over (sometimes it’s a combination of both).
This nearly made me fall of my chair LOL

No idea who he is or was but love him anyway.

C'mon SYDNEY

Tominator

Capper

This one was for him and Luella

BeyondTheGameTV

GoLions