Main Menu

Cotchin to GWS?

Started by gossiboy, September 19, 2012, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gossiboy

Kevin Sheedy has today sworn that he will get Trent Cotchin to GWS. After much speculation that Richmond are going hard after GWS former number 3 draft pick Dom Tyson who wants to come home to Victorian, Sheeds today promised that he would make Cotchin an offer he couldn't refuse and lure the superstar to GWS. 

Sources: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/trade-and-draft/greater-western-sydney-giants-threaten-to-steal-trent-cotchin-from-richmond-in-retaliation/story-fna8vsun-1226476982974

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/gws-giants-threaten-cotchin-offer-as-they-tell-richmond-dom-tyson-is-off-limits/story-e6frf9io-1226476839357 (if you are one of the 6 people who actually has a digital pass)

As an Essendon supporter looking in at Richmond I see Cotch as one of those truly loyal guys who wouldn't go chasing cash, he'll be captain of a club that's going places next year at Richmond, can't see him leaving.

Kellogscrunchynut

Why go to a club that still has many years of development ahead of it before they become a genuine contender when you could stay at one which could become a contender within the next few years.

Justin Bieber

Lol it was just because GWS are dirty at Richmond for approaching Tyson. But apparently Tyson approached them ::)

AFEV

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 19, 2012, 05:38:37 PM
Why go to a club that still has many years of development ahead of it before they become a genuine contender when you could stay at one which could become a contender within the next few years.
I can think of a million different reasons. ;)

valkorum

Cotch can come to Freo - I wouldnt mind at all

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on September 19, 2012, 05:41:29 PM
Lol it was just because GWS are dirty at Richmond for approaching Tyson. But apparently Tyson approached them ::)

No joke, sheeds needs to settle down a bit-dirty because we already got chocco and are pursuing Tyson...

Quote from: Sid on September 19, 2012, 05:43:06 PM

It's a lot of moolah but I don't think he is like that... From what I gather anyways...

Plus he'd have to live in western Sydney ::)

Toga

And also kev, it's inevitable for clubs to lose young talent: I mean look at the tiges, we lost dick tambling which was devestating for the club! ::)

j959

you're talking about Richmond right?!?!

Sorry, couldn't resist ... my mate 'chef' is a long-suffering Tigers supporters and that's what I would've said to him if he'd made that comment to me.  ;)

Capper

maybe even 2 million.

He wont go to GWS, he will be the Captain at the Tigers next year. GWS can have Webberley instead  ::) ::)

Toga

Quote from: tabs on September 19, 2012, 06:18:28 PM
maybe even 2 million.

He wont go to GWS, he will be the Captain at the Tigers next year. GWS can have Webberley instead  ::) ::)

+1 and take flowering Matt White and Spud Graham with ya!

Actually, GWS probably need a ruckman...? ::)

tbagrocks

Vickery? or is he only missing trough injury, but started slow before his injury, do Richmond need him?

Ziplock

we neither want, nor need richmond rejects.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 06:39:35 PM
we neither want, nor need richmond rejects.

Well bigger off and leave my cotchy alone then! :P

Boomz

More about bumping his price than them truly believing they can get him.

Toga

Quote from: Boomz on September 19, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
More about bumping his price than them truly believing they can get him.

Yeah I agree it's not a 'trade x for y' scenario it's sheeds playing mind games with the tigers-if they want him they could offer a truckload of dollars, it's more of a question of is cotch a true tiger-I think yes!